Delicious meals with minimum ingredients.

STICKY SWEET CHILLI CHICKEN - Serves 2

Approx. 3 Syns per serving

2 skinless chicken breasts
Half an orange
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. brown sugar - 2 Syns
Half tsp. mild chilli powder
Half tsp. 5 spice powder
Half tsp. white pepper
3 level tbsp. sweet chilli sauce - 4.5 Syns

Pre-heat the oven to 180C/Gas 4.
Mix all the dry ingredients together.
Score the flesh of the chicken and squeeze the juice of half the orange over the breasts, rubbing in well.
Sprinkle the dry ingredients over the chicken and rub in well.
Place onto a baking tray and cook for 15 minutes.
Pour the chilli sauce evenly over each chicken breast and return to the oven for 10 minutes.

Lovely served with rice or noodles. So easy but really tasty!

ANOTHER TANDOORI CHICKEN - Serves 4

1.5 Syns per serving

4 skinless chicken breasts
2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil - 6 Syns
2 tsp. turmeric
2 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. curry powder, strength to your taste
1 tsp. ground cardamom
2 tsp. fresh root ginger, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped or crushed
75ml FF natural yoghurt

Using a sharp knife, cut the chicken breasts into fillets, approx. 1.5cm thick.
Sprinkle with the lemon juice and set aside.
Mix together all the other ingredients, including 1 tsp. of salt and, if you prefer a spicier taste, maybe half tsp. hot chilli powder. I'm a wimp so I don't bother! :D
Coat the chicken fillets completely with the tandoori mix. Cover the bowl and place in the fridge for at least 4 hours but it's so much better if you can leave it overnight.
Pre-heat the grill or frying pan and cook the chicken, turning frequently and basting with any of the tandoori mix that was left in the bowl.
The chicken is ready when the juices run clear.

This is lovely served with rice and salad. It's also great the next day, served cold for lunch. So much better than the pastes!

Bacon wrapped sausages with cheesy potato cakes - really lovely.

BACON WRAPPED SAUSAGES WITH CHEESY POTATO CAKES - Serves 4

4 Syns per serving (but well worth it!)

8 BGTY sausages
450g potatoes, chopped
8 rashers of bacon, all visible fat removed
4 large tomatoes, halved
1 tbsp. Flora Extra Light - 1.5 Syns
25g Cheddar cheese, grated - take from HEX's
2 tbsp. chopped parsley
3 tbsp. seasoned flour - 10.5 Syns

Pre-heat the grill.
Boil the potatoes.
Wrap the sausages in the bacon rashers and grill for 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
Add the tomatoes to the grill after the first five minutes of cooking the sausages. Keep hot.
Drain the potatoes, mash with the Flora and cheese and maybe a splash of milk.
Allow to cool slightly and shape into 12 patties. Coat in the seasoned flour.
Spray a large frying pan well with Frylight and cook the potato cakes for about 3 minutes on each side or until golden.

Yum,yum can't wait to try this

[h=4]Ingredients:[/h]
  • 3 cups (600g) pitted dates
  • 3 cups (420g) oats + extra for coating
[h=4]Method:[/h]Step 1. Line a 17 x 27cm slice tin with baking paper and set aside. Place dates into a food processor and process until it has a jam-like consistency (you may need to add a touch of hot water if it is dry).
Step 2. Add oats one cup at a time until it's all incorporated and the mix starts to pull away from the sides of the bowl. Press mixture into the tin.
Step 3. Sprinkle top with oats and freeze for 1-2 hours.
Step 4. Cut into fingers and roll in extra oats to coat. Wrap individual fingers in baking paper and store in an airtight container.

this is supposed to be yummy anyone know how to work out the syns and can the oats be used as hexb x

Hi k9. Thanks for posting and, I must admit, the cereal bar recipe sounds delicious. Unfortunately, I've just checked the Syns online and the news isn't good! :(

600g pitted, dried dates - 84 Syns Couldn't find fresh.
420g oats - approx. 76 Syns

Sadly, this makes the whole recipe a massive 160 Syns, so the 35g HEX portion of oats would be like a drop in the ocean. :(

All the best,

Kathy

EASY VEGGIE CHILLI - Serves 8

3 Syns for the whole recipe

1 onion, chopped
5 cloves of garlic, crushed
225g Quorn mince
4 x 400g cans kidney beans
400g can chopped tomatoes
1 level tbsp. dark brown soft sugar - 3 Syns
1 dessertspoon chilli powder, strength to taste (alter amount accordingly)

Spray a large pan well with Frylight and cook garlic and onion gently until softened.
Add the Quorn mince, kidney beans, tomatoes, sugar, chilli powder, quarter a pint of water (or veg stock) and seasoning to taste.
Bring to the boil, then simmer gently for approx. 30 minutes.

Lovely with rice or in a jacket potato. Even better with a HEX cheese grated over.

Last edited:
Brand new to dieting, and Slimming World AND this forum, but stumbled upon this thread and it is AMAZING.

I've also never even thought about planning out my meals for the week in advance, what a simple yet great idea! Will save a fortune and avoid resorting to "whatever I have left in the fridge that hasn't gone off".

I've already written down about 20 recipes I like the look of and want to try in the next few weeks, thank you for your efforts!

Thank-you so much for your lovely comments! It's so nice of you and I hope you enjoy the recipes you try. As I've said before, when someone takes the time to add a comment like yours, it's so good to know that the recipes are helping. :) Good luck with your meal planning and weight loss.

Kathy

MEXICAN CHICKEN - Serves 4

0.5 Syns per serving

1 onion, finely chopped
1 clove of garlic, crushed
Pinch of chilli powder
1 tsp. dried oregano
25g Discovery Mexican Taco Seasoning Mix - 2 Syns
500g skinless chicken breast, diced
400g can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
Half of a green or red pepper, deseeded and chopped
400g can chopped tomatoes
2-3 tbsp. tomato puree

Spray a large frying pan well with Frylight and heat over a medium heat.
Add the onion, garlic, chilli, oregano and Taco seasoning. Cook, stirring, until softened.
Increase the heat slightly, add the chicken and brown all over.
Reduce the heat to low/medium and add the pepper chunks, kidney beans, tomato puree and the tomatoes.
Stir, cover and cook for about 15 minutes or until the sauce has thickened slightly and the chicken is cooked through.

Delicious served with rice or pasta and topped with reduced fat sour cream (1 level tbsp. - 1 Syn).
I sometimes add in grated carrot and/or courgette, just to up the veg content.

SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN - Serves 4

2 Syns per serving

4 skinless chicken breasts, diced
1 medium onion, finely chopped
220g can diced pineapple in natural juice - 6 Syns
2 tbsp. soy sauce
2 tbsp. vinegar
6 tbsp. tomato puree (or to taste - can adjust at the end of cooking)
2 tbsp. granulated sweetener
2 level tsp. cornflour - 2 Syns
1 medium red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
1 medium green pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
1 large carrot, thinly sliced

Spray a large frying pan or wok well with Frylight.
Soften the onion, then add the chicken and cook thoroughly. Remove from the pan.
Spray the pan again, heat and add the vegetables.
Cook until softened.
Meanwhile, blend the cornflour with a dash of pineapple juice, then combine this with the vinegar, sweetener, soy sauce, tomato puree and the pineapple, including the juice.
Return the chicken to the pan, followed by the pineapple mixture.
Stir and cook for 2 minutes or until heated through.

Lovely served with rice.

Hi k9. Thanks for posting and, I must admit, the cereal bar recipe sounds delicious. Unfortunately, I've just checked the Syns online and the news isn't good! :( 600g pitted, dried dates - 84 Syns Couldn't find fresh. 420g oats - approx. 76 Syns Sadly, this makes the whole recipe a massive 160 Syns, so the 35g HEX portion of oats would be like a drop in the ocean. :( All the best, Kathy
shame oh we'll lol

SAUSAGE PASTA BAKE - Serves 4

Syn Free, if using the cheese as a HEX.

200g wholewheat pasta
150g onion, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
1 yellow pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
8 Syn Free SW sausages
120g cherry tomatoes
100g half-fat mature Cheddar cheese, grated
30g tin of anchovy fillets, drained and finely chopped - optional
1 sprig of fresh thyme

Pre-heat the oven to 160C/Gas 3.
Grill the sausages until almost cooked through.
Cook the pasta according to pack instructions. Drain and refresh with cold water.
Spray a pan well with Frylight and add the onion, garlic, thyme and anchovies (if using). Cook gently until softened.
Add the diced peppers and cherry tomatoes. Cook for a further 5 - 10 minutes.
Slice each sausage into three.
Add half the cheese to a large bowl and combine with the veg from the pan, the cooked pasta and the sausage pieces. Sprinkle in half a tsp. salt.
Transfer into a large baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
Place in the oven for 15 minutes. Serve immediately.

Last edited:
sounds delicious x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I love this thread, probably have something from here at least once a week! so nice having diet friendly food that doesn't involve a lot of ingredients and tastes delicious and a bit naughty! :)
I'm not into sweet chilli, but my OH had the sticky, sweet chilli chicken yesterday - rave reviews (especially considering he doesn't know it's SW friendly) and a request for it again soon!
X

Awww! Thanks so much for taking the time to type up your comment, Llamasoks. It's funny when sometimes I'm thinking maybe nobody's that bothered about the recipes too much, a lovely comment like yours appears and I think, right, let's carry on! :D That's quite funny that the OH doesn't realise it's 'diet' food! Glad the recipes are helpful to you and thanks again.

Kathy x

FALAFEL

Approx. 5 Syns for the recipe

400g drained and rinsed can os chickpeas
Half tsp. Harissa paste - negligible as it's 0.5 Syn per level tsp.
Half tsp. coriander
Half tsp. parsley
Half tsp. cumin
1 clove of garlic, crushed
Half tsp. onion salt
Half tbsp. plain flour - 1.5 Syns

Add all the ingredients to a food processor/blender and whizz until an even consistency is reached.
With floured hands, roll into small balls.

1 tbsp. plain flour - 3.5 Syns

Use this flour to roll the balls in. Now you can either place them onto a Frylight sprayed baking tray or one covered with non-stick baking parchment, spray the balls with Frylight and bake for about 25 minutes in a pre-heated oven 190C/Gas 5 OR spray a frying pan well with Frylight and cook the falafel balls over a medium heat until golden and cooked through, turning several times.

HONEY-ROASTED CHICKPEAS - Enough for 2-3 people as a snack (unless you can't control yourself!).

4.5 Syns for the whole recipe.

400g can chickpeas
1 tsp olive oil - 2 Syns
1 level tbsp. runny honey - 2.5 Syns
Half tsp. cinnamon
Pinch of nutmeg
Pinch of salt

Pre-heat the oven to 190C/Gas 5. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking parchment.
Drain and rinse the chickpeas and put on a tea-towel. Pat dry with another tea-towel or kitchen roll. Make sure they are completely dry.
Spread the chickpeas out on the baking tray and bake for approx. 50 mins or until crispy. Test one and if it's still a bit soft, bake for longer.
Put one teaspoon of olive oil, the honey, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt into a plastic food bag or bowl.
Tip in the chickpeas and mix them around until covered with the mixture.
Spread out again on the baking tray and return to the oven for another 10-15 minutes.
Allow to cool before enjoying!
They are best eaten on the day but will keep for one day in an air-tight container. They just might lose some of their crispness.

Just enjoying some now, as I type this out! :D

Back