Delicious meals with minimum ingredients.

LAMB KOFTAS WITH MINT DIP - Serves 4

Syn Free

500g extra lean lamb mince
1-2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 tsp. cumin seeds
1 tsp. coriander seeds
Half tsp. cinnamon
1 large tub FF yoghurt
Mint leaves
Lemon juice

Mix all the ingredients, except the yoghurt, mint and lemon juice, in a large bowl, with some salt and pepper to taste.
Divide the mixture into four and shape each portion round some metal skewers, using your hands.
Cook the koftas on a BBQ or under a hot grill for about 4-5 minutes each side, or until cooked through.
To make the dip, mix the yoghurt, chopped mint leaves and lemon juice together, to taste. Season with some salt and pepper.

These are lovely served with a crunchy salad and some Synned toasted pitta bread.

LAMB KOFTAS WITH MINT DIP - Serves 4

Syn Free

500g extra lean lamb mince
1-2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 tsp. cumin seeds
1 tsp. coriander seeds
Half tsp. cinnamon
1 large tub FF yoghurt
Mint leaves
Lemon juice

Mix all the ingredients, except the yoghurt, mint and lemon juice, in a large bowl, with some salt and pepper to taste.
Divide the mixture into four and shape each portion round some metal skewers, using your hands.
Cook the koftas on a BBQ or under a hot grill for about 4-5 minutes each side, or until cooked through.
To make the dip, mix the yoghurt, chopped mint leaves and lemon juice together, to taste. Season with some salt and pepper.

These are lovely served with a crunchy salad and some Synned toasted pitta bread.

I love the SW Kofta meatballs Kathy theyre a firm hit in here with my hubby, never tried them without the sauce so will give this a try xx

SMOKED HADDOCK AND POTATO SALAD - Serves 2

1.5 Syns per whole recipe

2 smoked haddock fillets
500g baby salad potatoes
2 level tbsp. BGTY crème fraiche - 1 Syn
2 tbsp. FF Greek yoghurt
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 level tsp. wholegrain mustard - 0.5 Syn
Chopped parsley, chives and dill, to taste

Boil the potatoes until tender, drain and when cool enough to handle but still warm, cut in half.
Poach the haddock gently in water for 5 minutes, drain and flake.
Mix the haddock, potatoes and remaining ingredients together, gently, until well combined.
Serve with crunchy salad leaves.

We had this, sitting in the evening sunshine, tonight and it was so delicious and light, I just had to share! :)

Could use different fish - cod, hake, whiting, etc.

Mmm, it was!! :D Here's one we had last weekend that we loved too.

SALMON FETTUCINE - Serves 2

Syn Free

2 leeks, finely sliced (after thoroughly washing, of course)
Handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
100ml vegetable stock
250g Quark
Salmon, as much as you like! I used a pack of cooked, flaked salmon but you could use raw salmon, chopped up, as it will cook in the sauce. You could also use smoked salmon, if you prefer.
200g dried ribbons of pasta

Cook the pasta according to pack instructions. Drain, reserving some of the cooking water.
Spray a large pan well with Frylight and cook the leeks until quite tender.
Add the sliced tomatoes and continue to cook for two minutes. Add the stock.
Cook for 5 minutes and remove from the heat. Stir in the Quark and the salmon.
Return to a gentle heat and warm through, then add the drained pasta. If it looks a little dry, stir in some of the reserved water.
Check the seasoning, adding plenty of black pepper.

If feeling really naughty, you could sprinkle with some HEX shaved Parmesan! :D

Mmm, it was!! :D Here's one we had last weekend that we loved too.

SALMON FETTUCINE - Serves 2

Syn Free

2 leeks, finely sliced (after thoroughly washing, of course)
Handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
100ml vegetable stock
250g Quark
Salmon, as much as you like! I used a pack of cooked, flaked salmon but you could use raw salmon, chopped up, as it will cook in the sauce. You could also use smoked salmon, if you prefer.
200g dried ribbons of pasta

Cook the pasta according to pack instructions. Drain, reserving some of the cooking water.
Spray a large pan well with Frylight and cook the leeks until quite tender.
Add the sliced tomatoes and continue to cook for two minutes. Add the stock.
Cook for 5 minutes and remove from the heat. Stir in the Quark and the salmon.
Return to a gentle heat and warm through, then add the drained pasta. If it looks a little dry, stir in some of the reserved water.
Check the seasoning, adding plenty of black pepper.

If feeling really naughty, you could sprinkle with some HEX shaved Parmesan! :D

I dont like the taste of quark- can you taste it in this recipe? Or is it there to mainly add to the creaminess?

Also am now dying to try the potato salad!! Xxx

It is there mainly to add creaminess, yes. I've only ever made it with HEX cheese either stirred through or sprinkled on top and, sometimes, have stirred through some smoked paprika so, no, I couldn't particularly taste the Quark. The salmon is quite strong tasting too so that tends to dominate the flavour. Depending if I have any in, I sometimes stir chopped, fresh dill through as well. Suppose it might work with FF fromage frais instead of Quark but have never tried it. Sorry to waffle on so much but, hopefully, some of the suggestions might help. :)

Let me know if you try a variation, freakydarkstuff and hope it works out for you, if you do give it a go. The potato salad is really good so hope you like it, if you decide to try it out. :)

Kathy xx

PIZZA 'MEATLOAF' - Serves 4-5

Syn Free, if using the bread and cheese as part HEX's

60g bread roll (best if a little dry)
5 tomatoes, sliced
3 different coloured peppers, deseeded and thinly sliced
2 red onions, thinly sliced
2 fat cloves of garlic, crushed
700g extra lean minced beef
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp. fresh thyme, finely chopped
1 tsp. fresh oregano, finely chopped
100g grated cheese of your choice

Soak the bread roll in water until soft, then squeeze out well.
Add this to the mince, with the garlic, eggs, herbs and some salt and pepper.
Mix well and form into a loaf shape. Put onto a baking tray lined with non-stick baking parchment. Press down gently to flatten.
Pre-heat the oven to 225C/Gas 7-8.
Spray a pan well with Frylight. Cook the onion, peppers and tomatoes gently, until all the juices and flavours have blended.
Put the veg onto the meatloaf and press down. Sprinkle the cheese over the top and bake in the oven for approximately 30 minutes.

We have this with SW wedges and a huge crunchy salad. Sometimes I add in a sprinkling of hot chilli powder.

TUNA PASTA BAKE - Serves 4

Syn Free, if using the cheese as part HEX's

200g wholewheat pasta
2 x cans of tuna steaks in water/brine
1 courgette, sliced and quartered
1 tub of Quark
1 red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
1 large onion, finely chopped
150g mushrooms, sliced
2 tbsp. tomato puree
90g reduced fat Mozzarella or mix of Mozzarella and mature Cheddar

Pre-heat the oven to 200C/Gas 6.
Cook the pasta according to pack instructions.
Meanwhile, spray a pan well with Frylight and cook the onion until soft. I usually start it off in the microwave with a splash of water, to speed the process up.
Add the peppers, courgette and mushrooms and cook for a further 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
Drain the pasta and rinse with boiling water. Stir into the vegetables.
Flake the tuna and stir into the pasta and veg.
In a separate bowl, mix together the Quark and tomato puree. Remove the pan from the heat and stir the Quark mixture into the pasta and veg.
Put the tuna pasta into a shallow baking dish and sprinkle with the cheese. Cook for 15 minutes or until warmed through and the cheese is bubbling and golden.

Heaven served with a large crunchy salad! :) If I have a HEX B to spare, I make breadcrumbs and mix these through the cheese, before sprinkling on top of the tuna pasta, to add a nice crunch to the dish.

OATY COOKIES - makes about 8.

5 Syns for all the cookies, if using the oats as your HEX

1 large ripe banana
35g quick-cook porridge oats

Spray a baking tray with Frylight or line with non-stick baking paper.
Mash the banana in a bowl with a fork. If you're following the plan to the letter, this is where the 5 Syns come in - still can't get my head round that really! :D
Mix in the porridge oats (and some sweetener, if you like things a bit sweeter) and blob onto the baking tray. Sometimes I add some cinnamon at this point.
Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180C/gas mk. 4 on the middle shelf for approx. 15 mins.
Allow to cool on the tray, although they do taste really yummy when they are slightly warm!

OMG I made these the other day and I scoffed the LOT!! Completely worth the 5 syns and just the carby thing I was craving... I didnt even wait for them to cool completely- I ate them off the baking sheet!!

Also, just to confirm the banana needs to weigh 100g for the 5 syns- I used 1 banana and a little bit of another to get the weight right. Then scoffed the banana whilst I was waiting for the cookies to cook!!

VERY EASY PAELLA - Serves 4

Approx 1.5 Syns per serving

1 leek or onion, sliced
100g diced chorizo
1 tsp turmeric
300g long grain rice
1 litre hot fish or chicken stock
200g frozen peas
400g frozen seafood mix, defrosted

Spray a deep frying pan well with Frylight. Soften the leek or onion, without browning.
Add the chorizo and fry until it releases its oils.
Stir in the turmeric and rice. Pour in the stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Tip in the peas and cook for a further 5 minutes, then stir in the seafood to heat through for about another 2-3 minutes or until the rice is cooked. Add a little water at any time if it looks like sticking.
Check for seasoning and serve immediately. Lovely with lemon wedges on the side.

Could add cooked chicken and prawns to the mix too, if wanted. This is really easy but extremely tasty. Hope you agree! :)

Had this for dinner tonight- made a half measure (just for me) and was going to leave a portion for lunch tomorrow but it didnt make it... Yep, just like the cookies- I scoffed the lot!!

YUM! Had it with added chicken and some prawns- delish!!

Thank you for the amazing recipes Kathy!!

Had this for dinner tonight- made a half measure (just for me) and was going to leave a portion for lunch tomorrow but it didnt make it... Yep, just like the cookies- I scoffed the lot!!

YUM! Had it with added chicken and some prawns- delish!!

Thank you for the amazing recipes Kathy!!

Thanks, freakydarkstuff, for your lovely comments and also, for clarifying the weight of the banana! :D Hadn't realised I hadn't included the weight. Will edit that straightaway! :) Glad you enjoyed both recipes. It's a bit scary sometimes, when you type up all these recipes, in case they go wrong for other people! Thankfully, they worked for you. :)

Kathy xx

THAI SPICED PORK IN A YOGHURT MARINADE - Serves 4

0.5 Syn per serving

4 large thin cut pork loin steaks, all visible fat removed
500g FF Greek yoghurt
2 level tbsp. Thai Green curry paste - 2 Syns (could use more)
3 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
Handful of freshly chopped coriander leaves
Juice and zest of half a lime

Place the pork loin steaks in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper.
In a separate bowl, mix the yoghurt, curry paste, ginger and coriander leaves with the lime juice and zest.
Pour this mixture over the pork, turning the loin steaks over, so they are fully coated. Cover with cling-film and put into fridge for at least 6 hours but, preferably, overnight. It is important to leave for at least 6 hours, as this will help the meat to tenderise.
When ready to cook, spray a frying pan well with Frylight and cook over a moderate heat for about 3 minutes on each side, or until tender, leaving some of the yoghurt marinade still on the meat.

These are really tasty served on a bed of salad leaves and roasted BNS, with HEX Feta portions crumbled over. 45g Feta = 1 x HEX.

Mmm, they are quite moreish and not for many Syns either. Hope you like them, littlemissnaughty.

Kathy x

BLT PASTA SALAD - Serves 4-5

2 Syns per serving (based on 4 sharing)

250g pasta shapes
200g bacon rashers, all visible fat removed and chopped
1 clove of garlic, crushed - optional
4 level tbsp. extra light mayo - 4 Syns
1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
Half a punnet of cherry tomatoes, halved
Baby lettuce leaves to serve

Cook the pasta, according to pack instructions, until tender. Drain and rinse well with cold water and allow to cool completely.
Meanwhile, cook the bacon, along with the clove of garlic, if using, until brown. Remove from pan and place onto a piece of kitchen roll.
In a large bowl, mix together the mayo and white wine vinegar, until smooth.
Add the halved tomatoes, cold bacon and cold pasta. Stir through gently.
Store in a sealed tub, in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.
Serve over a bed of the baby leaves.

Always wait until everything is entirely cold, before mixing together. Occasionally, depending on how I feel, I stir some Synned mustard into the mayo too.

BLT PASTA SALAD - Serves 4-5 2 Syns per serving (based on 4 sharing) 250g pasta shapes 200g bacon rashers, all visible fat removed and chopped 1 clove of garlic, crushed - optional 4 level tbsp. extra light mayo - 4 Syns 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar Half a punnet of cherry tomatoes, halved Baby lettuce leaves to serve Cook the pasta, according to pack instructions, until tender. Drain and rinse well with cold water and allow to cool completely. Meanwhile, cook the bacon, along with the clove of garlic, if using, until brown. Remove from pan and place onto a piece of kitchen roll. In a large bowl, mix together the mayo and white wine vinegar, until smooth. Add the halved tomatoes, cold bacon and cold pasta. Stir through gently. Store in a sealed tub, in the fridge for a few hours or overnight. Serve over a bed of the baby leaves. Always wait until everything is entirely cold, before mixing together. Occasionally, depending on how I feel, I stir some Synned mustard into the mayo too.

Gonna make this for lunch tomorrow but make it success express style - yum yum!!!

CREAMY PRAWN AND PEA PASTA - Serves 4

3.5 Syns for the whole recipe

300g dried wholewheat pasta shapes
150g frozen peas
Half tbsp. oil - 3 Syns
2 medium leeks, thoroughly washed and thinly sliced
1 clove of garlic, crushed
300g cooked king prawns
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
100g 2% fat Greek yoghurt - approx. 0.5 Syn

Cook the pasta according to pack instructions, adding the peas for the final 2 minutes of cooking.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan and gently cook the leeks for 10 minutes, then add the garlic and prawns and cook until the prawns are heated through.
Stir in the lemon zest and the yoghurt.
Drain the pasta, reserving a cupful of the cooking water.
Stir the pasta and peas into the leek mixture and add enough of the reserved water to make a smooth sauce.
Season well, adding enough lemon juice, to taste.
Serve immediately.

I sometimes serve this sprinkled with a HEX portion of freshly shaved Parmesan and a sprinkling of paprika, with a crunchy salad on the side.

You really do need the oil, instead of Frylight, to successfully cook the leeks. I have used 0% yoghurt in this recipe too but it doesn't quite add the same creaminess as the 2% and, for the sake of 0.5 Syn, what difference does it really make?! :D

Spinach & Ricotta Chicken
Serves 5

Made this the other night after watching the Food Network for 3 hours!! :rolleyes:

250g tub ricotta (less than 1 hexa per serve)
200g bag spinach leaves
5 smoked rashers, all fat removed and cut into chunks
2 garlic cloves
5 chicken breasts, flattened
Frylite - 1 cal per spray
500g Baby potatoes
Salt and pepper

Fry off bacon in a few spritzes of Frylite, add garlic and spinach.
When spinach has reduced and bacon is cooked through, remove and add to mixing bowl with ricotta. Season with s&p.
Spoon mix onto centre of each chicken breast and fold corners up like a parcel (I secured mine with a toothpick just in case!)
Place on tray lined with baking paper and bake for 25 mins at 200C.

For the potatoes, par-boil for 10 mins, remove and drain.
Place on baking tray lined with foil, spray with Frylite and season with s&p (makes the skins lovely and crispy too!)
Bake with chicken for 20 mins at 200C.

I served mine with a big salad - mixed leaves, peppers, cherry tomatoes and onion.
Absolutely delish and syn free if using ricotta as Hexa!

Back