Delicious meals with minimum ingredients.

CREAMY SPICY CHICKEN - Serves 2

Approx. 3.5 Syns for the whole recipe

2 large skinless chicken breasts, chopped
3 large mushrooms, chopped
Quarter can of Blue Dragon Light Coconut Milk - 3.5 Syns (approx.)
1 tbsp. tomato puree
4 cloves of garlic, crushed - less if you're not too keen
1 tbsp. reduced salt soy sauce
Quarter tsp. ground nutmeg
Quarter tsp. coriander
Quarter tsp. mint
Half tsp. dried chilli flakes (more or less to taste)

Combine the last four ingredients in a bowl, along with some black pepper, and make into a paste, using a pestle and mortar.
Spray a large, non-stick frying pan well with Frylight.
Fry the chicken until thoroughly cooked through.
Add the mushrooms and paste and continue to cook, stirring, for a couple of minutes.
Add the puree and the coconut milk and simmer gently for 10 minutes. If the sauce is too runny, add half a tsp. of cornflour to thicken it up but, don't forget the Syns - 3.5 per 1 level tbsp.

Serve with Syn Free noodles, pasta or rice and some veg.

Made this again last night and, because I had Syns to spare, doubled up on the sauce (still only 3.5 Syns per person). I'd forgotten how much I LOVE this recipe! Actually had it with some Synned McCain 5% chips and loads of veg, instead of the usual rice or pasta. It was so delicious. My daughter, who isn't doing SW tried some and liked it so much, she's making it tonight! :)

RICE CRUST QUICHE - Serves 2-4

Syn Free, if using cheese as HEX's

230g dry weight of rice
6 medium eggs
Cooked bacon, chopped
Cooked chicken, chopped
1 tub of Quark
60g reduced-fat mature Cheddar, grated
1 small onion, finely chopped and fried or some defrosted pieces of frozen onion (no need to cook)
Several cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered

Cook the rice, drain and rinse with boiling water, then squeeze as much moisture out of it as possible. I pressed it against the sides of the sieve, with the back of a spoon or you could blot it with a clean tea towel.
Whisk an egg with a fork and stir into the rice.
Press the rice into a quiche dish (not loose-bottomed), firmly and evenly, then bake in the oven for 10 minutes, before removing and turning up the oven to 200C/Gas 6.
Scatter half of the cheese over the rice base.
In a bowl, mix all the other ingredients together, apart from the cherry tomato halves and season with salt and black pepper.
Place the tomato halves over the quiche base, then pour the egg mixture over.
Put the quiche dish carefully onto a baking tray and put into the oven. Bake for 40-60 minutes or until the quiche is golden brown, well risen and firm to the shake.

Enjoy hot or cold.

Obviously, add whatever you like to the quiche. I sometimes use sliced mushrooms, sweetcorn, peppers, salmon, dill, different cheeses, etc.

This makes a pleasant change from always having the frittata type quiches, with no crust. If you slice it carefully, and remove using a cake slice or similar, it will usually come out as a complete slice.
Put

HOME-MADE CURRY (Recipe from a lady called Priya). - Serves 4

0.5 Syns per serving

2 tsp. mustard seeds
1 tsp. fenugreek
2 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. turmeric
1 tsp. coriander
2 cardamom pods
3 cloves
400g can chopped tomatoes (or 400ml Blue Dragon Light coconut milk - 14.5 Syns)
1 tsp. oil - 2 Syns

Heat 1 tsp. of oil in a large, non-stick pan.
Add the mustard seeds and fenugreek, reduce the heat to medium. The seeds will start to pop.
Quickly tip in the remaining spices, cook for a couple of minutes and then add your choice of lean meat (1oog per person).
Once the meat is coated in the spices and is sealed, add in either 400g chopped tomatoes or 400ml reduced-fat light coconut milk.
Add in your choice of vegetables and simmer for 30 minutes.

OK, so a little cheating went on, regarding the 10 ingredients rule but thought this one sounded too good to miss! :D

CREAMY BACON, LEEK AND MUSHROOM PASTA - Serves 2

3 to 5 Syns per serving, depending on whether you use regular cream or reduced-fat cream

100g dried pasta shapes
Half a leek, thoroughly washed and finely sliced
6 rashers of bacon, all visible fat removed
150g mushrooms, thinly sliced
100ml single cream - regular=10 Syns, reduced-fat=6 Syns

Cook the pasta according to pack instructions. Drain.
Meanwhile, spray a large, non-stick pan with Frylight and cook the bacon until beginning to brown.
Add the leek slices and continue to cook until they have softened.
Add the mushrooms, with a little water if the pan appears too dry, and cook until softened.
Add the cream and lots of black pepper. Heat through gently and when it is hot, but not boiling, stir through the drained pasta.
Serve immediately on warmed plates/bowls.

Lovely with HEX fresh Parmesan grated over and also good with a handful of spinach added during the last couple of minutes, giving it time to wilt.

Excellent recipe! Missed the mushrooms as I dont like them! Me and other half loved it :)

Attachments

• 1408382198746.jpg
    1408382198746.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 120
Had the saucy beef stir fry tonight and remembered to take a pic before I gobbled it up, so thought I'd share! (Green beans, red onion and mushrooms all added to up the super free :))

image-1840978645.jpg

PAPRIKA AND CHORIZO CHICKEN - Serves 4

2 Syns per serving

100g diced chorizo - 6.5 Syns
1 onion, finely chopped
350g skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
Half each of 1 red and green pepper, deseeded and diced
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 Knorr Paprika Flavour Pot - 1.5 Syns
150g long grain rice
250ml chicken stock, made with half a cube
2 tbsp. tomato puree
400g can chopped tomatoes

In a non-stick frying pan, dry fry the chorizo with the onion, until lightly golden brown.
Add the chicken and peppers and fry until lightly golden.
Fry the garlic for 1 minute.
Add the Flavour Pot, rice, chicken stock, puree and tomatoes and stir to combine.
Season to taste with black pepper - NO salt.
Bring to the boil, cover with a tight fitting lid, reduce to a simmer and cook very gently for about 25-30 minutes, or until the rice is just cooked, but tender.

We had this a few evenings ago and it was really tasty! :)

PAPRIKA AND CHORIZO CHICKEN - Serves 4

2 Syns per serving

100g diced chorizo - 6.5 Syns
1 onion, finely chopped
350g skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
Half each of 1 red and green pepper, deseeded and diced
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 Knorr Paprika Flavour Pot - 1.5 Syns
150g long grain rice
250ml chicken stock, made with half a cube
2 tbsp. tomato puree

In a non-stick frying pan, dry fry the chorizo with the onion, until lightly golden brown.
Add the chicken and peppers and fry until lightly golden.
Fry the garlic for 1 minute.
Add the Flavour Pot, rice, chicken stock, puree and tomatoes and stir to combine.
Season to taste with black pepper - NO salt.
Bring to the boil, cover with a tight fitting lid, reduce to a simmer and cook very gently for about 25-30 minutes, or until the rice is just cooked, but tender.

We had this a few evenings ago and it was really tasty! :)

This is definitely the sign I need to open the Chorizo in the fridge, it's been calling my name for 3 days! Definitely beats my plan for this evening!
X

OMG, Llamasoks! I totally ADORE chorizo!! If you think that recipe's good, wait till you see the next one!! :D It's by a lady called Amy Jones and is GORGEOUS!

Kathy xx

OK, some slight cheating here again, folks! Sorry. I won't make a habit of this but this next recipe (or two - which is how I got round the 10 ingredient rule! Ahem!) is definitely much too good to miss! :)

SKINNY CHORIZO AND MAC CHEESE - Serves 4

3 Syns per serving and HEX cheeses)

200g macaroni
200g diced chorizo - 13 Syns
1 large red onion, finely chopped
1 red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
1 green pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
1 chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
40g of low-fat mature Cheddar - grated and used for the topping
400g can baked beans
120g can sweetcorn, drained

Pre-heat the oven to 190C/Gas 5.
Cook the macaroni according to pack instructions, until al dente. Drain and set aside.
Spray a large, non-stick frying pan with Frylight and fry the onion until translucent (I start mine off in the microwave with a splash of water).
Add the peppers, chilli and chorizo. Cook until the peppers are soft.
Mix all the ingredients for the sauce (see below! :D ) together.
Mix the drained pasta into the sauce, then mix with the vegetables, chorizo, beans and sweetcorn. Season with black pepper. Stir until thoroughly mixed and everything is coated in sauce.
Tip into an ovenproof dish, sprinkle with the 40g of cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes.

THE CHEESE SAUCE! ;D This is for the Macaroni Cheese (or anything else you might fancy it with!)

300ml vegetable stock
200g Quark
2 eggs, beaten
Seasoning
120g low-fat mature Cheddar, grated

Mix it all together and use in the Macaroni Cheese recipe, above!

This recipe is by a lady called Amy Jones. Enjoy!! :)

THE CHEESE SAUCE! ;D This is for the Macaroni Cheese (or anything else you might fancy it with!)

300ml vegetable stock
200g Quark
2 eggs, beaten
Seasoning
120g low-fat mature Cheddar, grated

Mix it all together and use in the Macaroni Cheese recipe, above!

This recipe is by a lady called Amy Jones. Enjoy!! :)

sounds bloody lovely. deffo going to try this.

NUMBERED INDEX ON PAGES 55 and 98

PASTA WITH ROASTED VEGETABLE SAUCE - Serves 3-4

Syn Free

1 courgette, cut into chunks
1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into small chunks
2 medium red onions, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and halved (I add more)
4 level tbsp. tomato puree
1 level tsp. sweetener

Pre-heat the oven to 220C/Gas 7.
Place the courgette, pepper, onions and garlic cloves in a sprayed roasting tin.
Spray the vegetables all over with Frylight and season with salt and black pepper.
Roast for 35-40 minutes, or until all the veg is tender.
Meanwhile, be cooking some pasta until al dente.
Put the roasted veg into a food processor or blender, along with the canned tomatoes, tomato puree and sweetener.
Add 142ml/5 fl oz of water and whizz until smooth. Check the seasoning.
Tip the sauce into a pan/dish and heat up on the hob or in the microwave.
Drain the cooked pasta and rinse with boiling water.
Serve the pasta on warmed plates, with the heated sauce tipped over.

Gorgeous with HEX grated cheese sprinkled over and a portion of green veg on the side. Obviously, you can change the roasted veg content to suit.

This was so so yummy. One of my favourites will be making this often, thanks my daughter loves who is 7 loves it too which is a bonus.

OK, some slight cheating here again, folks! Sorry. I won't make a habit of this but this next recipe (or two - which is how I got round the 10 ingredient rule! Ahem!) is definitely much too good to miss! :)

SKINNY CHORIZO AND MAC CHEESE - Serves 4

3 Syns per serving and HEX cheeses)

200g macaroni
200g diced chorizo - 13 Syns
1 large red onion, finely chopped
1 red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
1 green pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
1 chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
40g of low-fat mature Cheddar - grated and used for the topping
400g can baked beans
120g can sweetcorn, drained

Pre-heat the oven to 190C/Gas 5.
Cook the macaroni according to pack instructions, until al dente. Drain and set aside.
Spray a large, non-stick frying pan with Frylight and fry the onion until translucent (I start mine off in the microwave with a splash of water).
Add the peppers, chilli and chorizo. Cook until the peppers are soft.
Mix all the ingredients for the sauce (see below! :D ) together.
Mix the drained pasta into the sauce, then mix with the vegetables, chorizo, beans and sweetcorn. Season with black pepper. Stir until thoroughly mixed and everything is coated in sauce.
Tip into an ovenproof dish, sprinkle with the 40g of cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes.

Oh my God, why are you doing this to me? I'm drooling at my desk and can't go home for another 3 hours, torture! Cheese + Chorizo, it's like heaven, don't even need the other ingredients, I just want a big plate of mushy warm cheesy, salty, spicy goodness!
X

You should definitely be getting paid for posting these Kathy ;) x

Back