Delicious meals with minimum ingredients.

Sorry to hear about the hotel, hope you complained.

I have just spent most of this morning adding recipes from here to a recipe app I found.. So now I will have your recipes no matter where I go..

A BIG BIG thank you for sharing them with us your a star xxx

Status Quo were brilliant but, not so, the hotel! It was gorgeous but the noise from a wedding reception just below our room was shocking! The floor actually vibrated with the sound and it went on until gone one o'clock. We were greeted by guests being sick, right by the entrance and the language we heard actually inside the hotel, from other wedding guests, was absolutely foul! All this, in a 4 star hotel! Shocking!! Looking forward to a good night's sleep in my own bed, tonight!

Rant over! :D x

I'm glad you enjoyed the show but what a shame about the hotel - what a disappointment - hope you told the reception staff when you booked out? xx

Thanks everyone! Yes, we did complain but the hotel was full and the guy on Reception couldn't understand why we were complaining! He said it was always like that when there was a wedding on. When we were checking out yesterday morning we asked to speak to the duty manager. She was very apologetic and knocked the car parking fee off and the two breakfasts. We told her we thought the hotel was lovely and would actually stay again, just never at the weekend! Not sure whether to write to Head Office anyway, just to say that they need to get more security staff on, if that is a regular occurrence and that they should always forewarn other guests, if possible, that there will be a large function on when they are staying. Not sure if it may look like we're after a freebie though, when it's actually just a matter of principle. To be honest, I was horrified that people would behave like that anywhere, let alone somewhere where other people are staying! Anyway, at least Status Quo were good so I'll shut up about it now!! :D xx

Sorry to hear about the hotel, hope you complained.

I have just spent most of this morning adding recipes from here to a recipe app I found.. So now I will have your recipes no matter where I go..

A BIG BIG thank you for sharing them with us your a star xxx

You're so welcome, Sookie! I'm afraid I wouldn't know where to start with apps but glad it's helping you out! :) xx

Thanks everyone! Yes, we did complain but the hotel was full and the guy on Reception couldn't understand why we were complaining! He said it was always like that when there was a wedding on. When we were checking out yesterday morning we asked to speak to the duty manager. She was very apologetic and knocked the car parking fee off and the two breakfasts. We told her we thought the hotel was lovely and would actually stay again, just never at the weekend! Not sure whether to write to Head Office anyway, just to say that they need to get more security staff on, if that is a regular occurrence and that they should always forewarn other guests, if possible, that there will be a large function on when they are staying. Not sure if it may look like we're after a freebie though, when it's actually just a matter of principle. To be honest, I was horrified that people would behave like that anywhere, let alone somewhere where other people are staying! Anyway, at least Status Quo were good so I'll shut up about it now!! :D xx

I'm glad the duty manager took it seriously - and think you should write to Head Office - you'd be doing them a favour - they need to know what customers are thinking and have experienced so they can provide the appropriate service! xx

Must ask if Chas and Dave were any good.. Showing my age here ;-) we are going to Let's Rock Bristol in June and they are part of the line up x

Hope you enjoy the Chorizo Pasta Bake, Cloudy. It really is yummy! :)

Kathy xx

I'll try and remember to take a photo and post it up! Try! :)

For what it's worth I think you should write to Head Office, its in their interests to take note of what people think. Ok, so they're not likely to change anything as I'm sure the weddings are more profit making for them but they could at least advise people that there is the possibility and giving them the rooms as far away as possible, if it is possible, depending on the layout.

Must ask if Chas and Dave were any good.. Showing my age here ;-) we are going to Let's Rock Bristol in June and they are part of the line up x

They were a good way to kick off the concert, as they got everyone joining in with some of their well known songs like, Rabbit and the Going to Margate one! :D Must admit, they sound exactly how they used to. Couldn't watch a whole show of theirs but, yes, they were good. I know it's ages off but, hope you enjoy Let's Rock in June! Status Quo are a far cry from my total favourite! Donny Osmond is who I've adored, ever since 1973! Now who's showing their age! :D I never got to see him, or his brothers, until 2001 but I've seen him seven times since then! Even my partner, who I had to drag along at first, thinks he's really good now! I saw him at the MEN several years ago, on a Tuesday. Then, on the following Saturday, my partner said, 'I bet you'd rather be seeing Donny again tonight, instead of going out for a drink.' When I said, 'Obviously!', he told me he'd booked us tickets to see him at Chatsworth so, of course, I had to rush off and grab my Donny scarf again! :D xx

Hi -I made your chicken and cardamom curry today - it was lovely - I didn't have all the ingredients in so adapted it slightly - will def be making it again - how did I manage to put food on the table b4 I discovered your fab thread?!xx

They were a good way to kick off the concert, as they got everyone joining in with some of their well known songs like, Rabbit and the Going to Margate one! :D Must admit, they sound exactly how they used to. Couldn't watch a whole show of theirs but, yes, they were good. I know it's ages off but, hope you enjoy Let's Rock in June! Status Quo are a far cry from my total favourite! Donny Osmond is who I've adored, ever since 1973! Now who's showing their age! :D I never got to see him, or his brothers, until 2001 but I've seen him seven times since then! Even my partner, who I had to drag along at first, thinks he's really good now! I saw him at the MEN several years ago, on a Tuesday. Then, on the following Saturday, my partner said, 'I bet you'd rather be seeing Donny again tonight, instead of going out for a drink.' When I said, 'Obviously!', he told me he'd booked us tickets to see him at Chatsworth so, of course, I had to rush off and grab my Donny scarf again! :D xx

That's a lovely story - how kind of ur partner!xx

Last edited:
CHICKEN, SPINACH AND MUSHROOM PASTA - Serves 4

2 Syns per serving, if using the Parmesan as part HEX's

300g pasta shapes
1 clove of garlic, crushed
1 onion, finely chopped
400g assorted mushrooms, thinly sliced
2 tsp. chopped, fresh thyme leaves
200g cooked, skinless chicken, shredded
175g spinach, shredded
200g Philadelphia, Lightest - 8 Syns
2 tbsp. grated Parmesan

Cook the pasta according to pack instructions, until al dente. Drain, reserving 5tbsp. of the cooking water, then return to the pan, set aside and keep warm.
Whilst the pasta is cooking, spray a large, deep frying pan well with Frylight and heat over a medium heat.
Cook the garlic and onion, along with the mushrooms and thyme, until softened.
Add the chicken and spinach, along with 100ml of water. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 5 minutes or until most of the liquid evaporates.
Stir the Philadelphia through and gently heat for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and stir the Parmesan through.
Add the chicken mixture to the pasta and toss to combine. For a thinner sauce, stir the reserved water through.
Divide between warmed plates and serve with black pepper.

You can also use 75g of Philadelphia Light as a HEX so would, obviously, be less Syns.

Hi -I made your chicken and cardamom curry today - it was lovely - I didn't have all the ingredients in so adapted it slightly - will def be making it again - how did I manage to put food on the table b4 I discovered your fab thread?!xx

Aw, thanks so much for that lovely comment, Linda. I'm so glad you enjoyed the curry. Haven't made it for ages! Hope you enjoyed your hotel stay much better than mine!! :)

Kathy xx

Aw, thanks so much for that lovely comment, Linda. I'm so glad you enjoyed the curry. Haven't made it for ages! Hope you enjoyed your hotel stay much better than mine!! :)

Kathy xx

You're v welcome - yes no wedding or noise thank goodness - that was a real pain for you!xx

Last edited:
You're v hungry - yes no wedding or noise thank goodness - that was a real pain for you!xx

Oh Kathy - I'm sorry I've just noticed my error in the post above! I must have been hungry when I wrote it! Of course I meant to say ur very welcome! xxx

Great memory. And what a great surprise.

. I had a Jimmy Osmond scarf. My one idol is Clint Eastwood, when most girls had posters of singers on their bedroom wall I had Clint posters..

Made the cod with Chorizo tonight blooming lovely, only thing i done different was to add chilli to the tomato mixture. X

Great memory. And what a great surprise.

. I had a Jimmy Osmond scarf. My one idol is Clint Eastwood, when most girls had posters of singers on their bedroom wall I had Clint posters..

Made the cod with Chorizo tonight blooming lovely, only thing i done different was to add chilli to the tomato mixture. X

Jimmy Osmond!!! Disgraceful to even mention his name to a true Osmond fan!! :O Actually, he's really nice person but, even he says, he was a fat precocious kid! :D No ..... Jimmy and the Donny and Marie Show used to make lots of Osmond fans cringe! My friend and I used to just blot J+M's faces out, while we stared and sighed at the others! Especially Donny! :) To be honest, I haven't really changed that much! :D

Liking the sound of the added chilli! Might have to try it. :) xx

MEXICAN PULLED PORK - Serves 6

2 Syns for the whole recipe

1.2kg boneless pork leg joint, all visible fat removed
1 tbsp. ground cumin
2 tbsp. ground coriander
4 cloves of garlic, crushed
2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
2 chillies, finely chopped
2 level tsp. runny honey - 2 Syns
400g can black beans in water, drained

Preheat a slow cooker.
Add the pork, cumin, coriander, garlic, tomatoes, chilli and honey, then cook on Low for 6-8 hours (depending on slow cooker).
When the pork is cooked through, lift it out of the sauce and onto a board. Set aside and reserve the sauce.
When the pork is cool enough to handle, use two forks to shred the meat into strands.
Skim any fat off the sauce, then add the drained beans and the shredded pork. Mix to combine and reheat, if desired.

Lovely served with quinoa or whole-wheat rice, especially with the coleslaw below. Had to do a bit of cheating to make the whole thing fit into the 10 ingredients or less 'rule'! :D

Back