Delicious meals with minimum ingredients.

INDIAN BUTTERNUT SQUASH CURRY - Serves 4

2 Syns per serving

1 tbsp olive oil - 6 Syns
1 BNS, diced
1 red onion, finely chopped
2 level tbsp curry paste - 4 Syns, depending on which kind you use. I have Synned for the higher Syn ones.
250ml vegetable stock
4 large tomatoes, skinned and chopped
400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
3 tbsp FF Greek yoghurt
Small handful of fresh coriander, chopped

Heat the oil in a large, non-stick pan and cook the BNS and onion until lightly browned.
Add the curry paste and fry for 3-4 minutes more.
Pour over the stock, cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes, or until the BNS is tender, adding the chickpeas for the last 10 minutes of the cooking time.
Add the tomatoes and gently cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the tomatoes slightly soften.
Remove from the heat and gradually stir through the yoghurt and coriander.

Good served with boiled rice.

To skin tomatoes, boil whole in a pan for a couple of minutes, then plunge into ice cold water. The peel will begin to wrinkle and then can be easily peeled off.
You can, obviously, add other veg - peppers, spinach, green beans, etc.

This is based on a Good Food recipe.

A massive thanks to Darren, who has kindly stepped in to create an easy to access, itemised index, to help us all out. :) OBVIOUSLY, he had no input from me! :D Thanks also to lovely Doreen, who is going to be continuing with her hard work, keeping the original index up to date. Such lovely people! Thank-you both so much. xx

Find all of Kathy's recipes indexed on the webpage shown on my signature. Categories and clickable links straight to all of the recipes listed here.

What a hero :happy096:

A massive thanks to Darren, who has kindly stepped in to create an easy to access, itemised index, to help us all out. :) OBVIOUSLY, he had no input from me! :D Thanks also to lovely Doreen, who is going to be continuing with her hard work, keeping the original index up to date. Such lovely people! Thank-you both so much. xx

Might I suggest adding a link in your signature (so it comes up on each of your posts) to the page Daz has made? That way its always accessible.

An easy way to do it would be to click on the blue Update statistics link to the left of one of your own posts. On the page it takes you to, scroll down looking on the left hand side until you see Edit Signature, click on that and add http://www.homewardbounddesigns.co.uk/pages/food/index.php#slow to the box, then hit Save Signature beneath the box.

Might I suggest adding a link in your signature (so it comes up on each of your posts) to the page Daz has made? That way its always accessible.

An easy way to do it would be to click on the blue Update statistics link to the left of one of your own posts. On the page it takes you to, scroll down looking on the left hand side until you see Edit Signature, click on that and add http://www.homewardbounddesigns.co.uk/pages/food/index.php#slow to the box, then hit Save Signature beneath the box.

Kathy already has the instructions for her to attempt that, it may take a while. lol. I posted just to get it there for now.

Kathy already has the instructions for her to attempt that, it may take a while. lol. I posted just to get it there for now.

Fab.... this is such a great thread, it deseves to be widely used and is SO helpful when we need some inspiring, on plan meals. x

81. CHICKEN CASSEROLE FOR THE SLOW COOKER - Serves 4

Syn Free

4 skinless chicken portions
1 onion, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
4 or more potatoes, peeled and quartered
2 parsnips, peeled and chopped
450ml chicken stock (from a stock cube)
2 tsp mixed dried herbs or chopped fresh herbs
Seasoning and a little tomato puree, if liked

Brown the chicken pieces a little in a pan first, if liked. I never bother. I just throw everything in my slow cooker, making sure all the veg is covering the bottom and at the sides, as it takes longer to cook than the chicken.
Otherwise, just put everything in the slow cooker and leave for about 7 hours on the low setting.
Obviously, you can put in whatever veg you like. I sometimes add mushrooms and peppers too. If the stock needs thickening at the end of the cooking time, I add a tbsp. of cornflour to it, stirring all the time. 3.5 Syns per level tbsp. so still under 1 Syn per serving.

Hope this helps, C Millan. :)

An older recipe but just as delicious.... it's simmering away in the slow cooker and smelling great! Easy meal for later and some for the baby too... plus a portion in the freezer for me for another day :)
Thanks yet again Kathy!

Find all of Kathy's recipes indexed on the webpage shown on my signature. Categories and clickable links straight to all of the recipes listed here.

Ooooh you superstar!

Darren! You are such a gent, putting it in such a way to make me sound less thick!! :D Too late though - everyone already knows what a dunce I am! Lol!

TOMATO AND PEPPER DIP

Syn Free

6 peppers, green and red, deseeded
450g plum tomatoes
1 tbsp. paprika
Half tsp. garlic granules
Half tsp. mild chilli powder
Half tsp. crushed dried chillies
1 tbsp. sweetener, or to taste
1 tbsp. tomato puree
1 tbsp. lemon juice
Half tsp. cumin

Pre-heat the oven to 180C/Gas 4.
Place the peppers onto a large baking tray.
Roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes, or until the skin begins to blister, turning halfway through.
Transfer the peppers to a plastic food bag and let it stand for 15 minutes, or until the peppers are cool enough to handle.
Peel off the blistered skin, remove the tops, ribs and seeds and then coarsely chop and set aside.
With a sharp knife, score an X into the base of each tomato. Place in a pan of boiling water for 30-60 seconds, then plunge into a bowl of iced water. Peel off the skin and coarsely chop the tomatoes.
Put the peppers, tomatoes, seasonings and 1 tsp. salt into a large pan over a medium-low heat. Cook for 35-40 minutes, or until the vegetables are very soft, stirring frequently.
Stir in the sweetener and tomato puree. Cook for 15 minutes, or until thickened, stirring frequently. Stir in the lemon juice.

Serve warm or at room temperature with thinly sliced HEX toast to dip in or serve cold, from the fridge.

Based on a recipe by Shwartz.

Darren! You are such a gent, putting it in such a way to make me sound less thick!! :D Too late though - everyone already knows what a dunce I am! Lol!

Oh no you`re not, oh yes you are, :Na_Na_Na_Na: oh no you`re not, :character00148: oh yes you are :devilangel:

Whatever, we love you and your recipes anyway. What would we do without all these lovely meals and such a lovely lady.

:sign0168:

Oh. When I try to get recipes from the link it says ¬server not found¬ Hopefully Darren will pick this up.

Oh. When I try to get recipes from the link it says ¬server not found¬ Hopefully Darren will pick this up.

I wont go into the technical bits with this but the other night I had issues with all of a certain type of domain file, of which was to do with the servers that I employ to host my pages. I am guessing, as I was not here to see it, that it will be the same issue Doreen. If it happens again please let me know (I get notifications here, or via a message, either way) so that I can chase them up if required.

I have updated and for now i will post every few messages just to keep the link in plain view, until we get Kathy her degree in computer studies. :cry: lol.

Thanks for the feedback Ladies, it all helps with what I am trying to learn as a new way to earn a living. ;)

I just tried it Doreen, it's fine from here. Is it working for you now? X

Yes I have got in on the `no fuss link` . Thanks.

I wont go into the technical bits with this but the other night I had issues with all of a certain type of domain file, of which was to do with the servers that I employ to host my pages. I am guessing, as I was not here to see it, that it will be the same issue Doreen. If it happens again please let me know (I get notifications here, or via a message, either way) so that I can chase them up if required.

I have updated and for now i will post every few messages just to keep the link in plain view, until we get Kathy her degree in computer studies. :cry: lol.

Thanks for the feedback Ladies, it all helps with what I am trying to learn as a new way to earn a living. ;)

Thanks you so much. I will pm you if nec. Of course no, we don`t need the technical bits. Or send a message through your link which I have just noted.
We are going to love this. As I said before, it had been suggested but computers - well - not much better than Kathy.

I like the technical bits, lol. 

Well, some of my pages are put together with plain HTML and the others are built with PHP. The other night all of the PHP pages on the servers were not working, but the HTML ones were. That would suggest a problem on the servers.

See, not to technical really. :D

Does the technical bit include some of the recipes being on the list twice. :rolleyes:

Bless you Darren, how did you ever put up with all us ladies.

Back