Delicious meals with minimum ingredients.

Could it just have been taking time to propogate across all servers? Not that I know that much about PHP, I have only used html on my tree site.

Does the technical bit include some of the recipes being on the list twice. :rolleyes:

Bless you Darren, how did you ever put up with all us ladies.

Ummm, you will need to ask Kathy about that Doreen, nothing to do with me, I can assure you that I only listed from the links in each thread and from the indexes that you have filled. :D If you check through the lists on here you will see a few are duplicated. I just copied, if i tried to worm out the duplicates I would have probably lost some that aren't entered twice.

The other answer to that is if for instance something has an ingredients list comprising both chicken and cheese, then it will be listed in both the cheese and the chicken categories.

Last edited:
No, sites already in use and not normally of issue were all down as well, not just the recipe links.

Well hopefully a one off server glitch. I shall definitely be using your page to find recipes quickly. Thanks again for the work you've put in and good luck with your new business. X

Yes I have got in on the `no fuss link` . Thanks.

Thanks you so much. I will pm you if nec. Of course no, we don`t need the technical bits. Or send a message through your link which I have just noted.
We are going to love this. As I said before, it had been suggested but computers - well - not much better than Kathy.

Doreen! That last statement is a pure lie!! :D xx

BAKED OATS.

35g porridge oats -- h/e b
1 egg
50ml milk from allowance
2 tblspn sweetener, or to taste
2 tsp mixed spice or cinnamon

Mix all together and put on a baking tray (frylighted)
Can split into squares on baking tray.

Bake at 200c or gas 4 for 20 mins or until golden.

Can add a few raisins but make sure you syn them.
Some add fruit.

So many people in my class are this now having these for breakfast with maybe fruit & yogurt. Not tried yet myself though.

10999494_933579863342476_1951866046972713485_n.jpg

Last edited:
BAKED OATS.

35g porridge oats -- h/e b
1 egg
50ml milk from allowance
2 tblspn sweetener, or to taste
2 tsp mixed spice or cinnamon

Mix all together and put on a baking tray (frylighted)
Can split into squares on baking tray.

Bake at 200c or gas 4 for 20 mins or until golden.

Can add a few raisins but make sure you syn them.
Some add fruit.

So many people in my class are this now having these for breakfast with maybe fruit & yogurt. Not tried yet myself though.

10999494_933579863342476_1951866046972713485_n.jpg

I saw someone post this recipe on facebook. Normally I wouldn't have time to make this but I am off with the kids this week. I will try this tomorrow as I really like the idea of this. Thank you for posting.

ONE POT SPICY PASTA - Serves 4

Syn Free

450g dried pasta (Linguine is good)
400g can chopped tomatoes
1 small red onion, finely diced
3 cloves of garlic, crushed
2 tsp. minced chilli, or to taste
2 tbsp shredded fresh basil
950ml vegetable stock

Place everything into a large pan.
Bring to the boil and then simmer for about 9 minutes, or until the pasta is cooked.
There shouldn't be much liquid left but, if there is, either drain or reduce it a little by boiling rapidly.

Lovely topped with HEX grated cheese.

A good lunch time option.

This is a recipe from the Messmakesfood web-site.

Wahoo! The easy link has now been successfully set up by Darren and I can't thank him enough! I was so useless, he had to intervene and accessed my Profile to do the necessary, which he had patiently tried to talk me through so I could do it myself but, alas, it was not to be! :D Must have taken Darren about two minutes, if that!!

So many lovely people on this site, willing to lend a hand - Doreen, who will be continuing with the usual index (Doreen Private Messaged me ages ago, offering to do this for me and has kept it up diligently, ever since), Cavegirl - who suggested a similar solution to Darren's, a while ago (Doreen and, definitely, myself didn't feel able to do this ourselves, though), all the kind people who post such lovely comments on this thread, which makes me feel more confident to continue and now, Darren, (who Private Messaged me, offering his services), who has produced this amazing link to an itemised index, which is remarkably easy to use, making planning weekly menus, so much more hassle free! :) Thank-you to everyone and a massive thank-you to Darren for being so patient with such a techno-phobe!

Brilliant!! xx

Wahoo! The easy link has now been successfully set up by Darren and I can't thank him enough! I was so useless, he had to intervene and accessed my Profile to do the necessary, which he had patiently tried to talk me through so I could do it myself but, alas, it was not to be! :D Must have taken Darren about two minutes, if that!!

So many lovely people on this site, willing to lend a hand - Doreen, who will be continuing with the usual index (Doreen Private Messaged me ages ago, offering to do this for me and has kept it up diligently, ever since), Cavegirl - who suggested a similar solution to Darren's, a while ago (Doreen and, definitely, myself didn't feel able to do this ourselves, though), all the kind people who post such lovely comments on this thread, which makes me feel more confident to continue and now, Darren, (who Private Messaged me, offering his services), who has produced this amazing link to an itemised index, which is remarkably easy to use, making planning weekly menus, so much more hassle free! :) Thank-you to everyone and a massive thank-you to Darren for being so patient with such a techno-phobe!

Brilliant!! xx

Thanks Kathy, glad to do something that will be useful to others. And thanks for the couple of rep comments I have had as well, more than expected.

CHOCOLATE BROWNIES - Makes 25

0.5 Syn each

6 eggs, separated
70g sweetener
60g cocoa powder (not drinking chocolate) - 11 Syns
1 tsp. vanilla essence

Pre-heat the oven to 180C/Gas 4.
Line a baking tray with non-stick baking parchment.
Whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks.
In a separate bowl, add the egg yolks, sweetener, vanilla essence and cocoa powder.
Whisk until thoroughly blended, adding a little water if the mixture seems too stiff.
Fold the egg whites in gently.
Dollop the mixture onto the lined baking tray and spread out evenly with a palette knife.
Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Leave to cool a little on the tray, before marking into 25 squares and transferring to a wire rack.

This is an original SW recipe.

Last edited:
Back