Delicious meals with minimum ingredients.

Capture.JPG

Fully indexed recipe links page

For those of you on Facebook, I have added a like and share button in the top info box on the webpage. Please feel free to hit them both and get Kathy's efforts well read.

Excellent idea Darren. I don't use Facebook these days but its a great way to share Kathy's hard work (and yours) further and get more people using the recipes.

The one that says 'Kathy's no fuss recipe links' ?

For those using phones to view Mins, they probably can't see signatures. Once they've visited your page though, it is easy to bookmark it on your phone browser, so you can return easily :)

So for anyone reading on a phone, here's the link again, to add as a bookmark.

Kathy's No Fuss Recipes

Darren! You are such a gent, putting it in such a way to make me sound less thick!! :D Too late though - everyone already knows what a dunce I am! Lol!

No, no - don't put urself down! - we're all different & thank goodness for that! What a boring place the world wd be otherwise! And hopefully u know how many ppl are grateful for ur recipes!xx

For those using phones to view Mins, they probably can't see signatures. Once they've visited your page though, it is easy to bookmark it on your phone browser, so you can return easily :)

Kathy's No Fuss Recipes[/QUOTE]

Ah, that gives me some context as I don't see this on a phone so had no clue. I think I need to buy a decent phone, being that I develop web pages it may just be the way forward. lol.

Ha ha! You may be right, Darren! :D Thanks again for keeping an eye open for any teething problems. I really appreciate everything you have done for this thread, as I'm sure others will too.

Have a good day. :)

Kathy

FAJITA BURGERS - Serves 2

Syn Free

250g extra lean turkey mince (could use extra lean beef mince)
Half a beaten egg
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. ground coriander
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. garlic granules
2 tsp. chipotle flakes, or to taste
1 tsp. chilli powder - make it as spicy or as mild as you like!

In a large bowl, combine the mince, seasoning and egg and form into 2 burgers.
Cover and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Grill the burgers under a low-medium heat, for about 10 minutes on each side or until cooked through thoroughly.

Lovely served on HEX bread rolls, topped with HEX grated cheese and salad leaves.

This recipe is based on one from the hungryhealthyhappy blog.

KFC BURGERS - Serves 2

Syn Free, if using the bread as a part HEX

1 large skinless chicken breast
1 egg, beaten
2 slices of wholemeal bread
2 tsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. mustard powder - can omit
2 tsp. smoked paprika
2 tsp. dried thyme
2 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. ground ginger

Put the bread into a food processor and process until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
Put into a bowl with all the herbs and spices and salt, to taste.
Slice the chicken breast in half, horizontly.
Pre-heat the oven to 220C/Gas 7.
Tip the beaten egg into a bowl or plate and dip the chicken into the egg, making sure it is well covered.
Then dip the chicken into the breadcrumb mixture, covering the chicken completely.
Put onto a baking tray, lined with non-stick baking parchment, spray with Frylight and cook for about 45 minutes. It may need a little longer, depending on the thickness of the chicken.

Lovely served with SW wedges/chips and a huge side salad.

This recipe is also based on one from the hungryhealthyhappy blog.

MAPLE BAKED SALMON - Serves 2-4 (depending on appetite)

1 Syn per serving for 4 people and 2 Syns per serving for 2 people

1 pound of salmon fillets
2 level tbsp. maple syrup - 4 Syns
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp. crushed garlic
Tip of a tsp. black pepper

Mix all the marinade ingredients in a bowl.
Place the salmon in a baking dish and pour the marinade over the top.
Marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes but a couple of hours would be better.
Turn the salmon over, halfway through the marinating time.
Pre-heat the oven to 200C/Gas 6, then bake the salmon for about 20 minutes, or until it flakes with a fork.

Lovely served with new potatoes and petit pois.

This recipe is by a lady called Kath Younger.

STICKY CHICKEN - Serves 4

2 Syns per serving

3 tbsp. of runny honey
3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
3 tbsp. soy sauce
680g skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1" cubes

Mix together the honey, vinegar and soy sauce. Toss the chicken cubes in the mix to coat thoroughly and leave to stand for, at least, 30 minutes in the fridge.
Heat a frying pan, add the chicken cubes and marinade. Cook on high heat for about 20 minutes, until all the liquid has absorbed into the chicken. Stir regularly to prevent burning.
When the chicken is thoroughly cooked, serve immediately, maybe on a bed of crispy salad or with rice.

Can also be used as a BBQ marinade.

Forgot about this one! It's so easy but totally scrumptious!!

Just had this with SW egg fried rice and stir fried rice ..to die for :D:thankyou: gorgeous xx

Just had this with SW egg fried rice and stir fried rice ..to die for :D:thankyou: gorgeous xx
I'm actually having this tonight with egg fried rice, can't wait to try it

Glad you enjoyed it. :) It's so easy, isn't it? I've actually permanently lost my sense of smell now (absolutely zilch) but can vaguely remember the smell of vinegar, so, the first time I made it, when everyone was commenting on how the house stank of vinegar, I was getting quite worried ......... until I tasted it! Yum!! No-one was moaning then! :D x

ROASTED CARROT, CHICKPEA AND GARLIC SOUP - Serves 4

1.5 Syns per serving

300g carrots, washed and thickly sliced
400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
4 fat cloves of garlic
1 tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil - 6 Syns. The recipe suggests 2 tbsp. but, I kept stirring the mixture round, from time to time and 1 tbsp. seemed ok.
150g onion, finely sliced
Half tsp. ground cumin
A pinch of dried chilli flakes
800ml vegetable stock, made from half a veg stock cube

Pre-heat the oven to 180C/Gas 4.
Wash the carrots, snip the ends off and slice thickly, tossing them into a roasting tin.
Add the drained and rinsed chickpeas to the tin.
Add the whole cloves of garlic to the tin.
Pour over the oil and mix it all around. Pop in the oven for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, peel and thinly slice the onion and set to one side.
When the 20 minutes is up, remove the tray from the oven, scatter the onion over, and the cumin and chilli flakes, and give it another stir around.
Cook for a further 20 minutes or until the veg is soft.
Remove the cloves of garlic from the tin and tip the rest of the ingredients into a blender or processor, keeping some chickpeas back for garnish, if you like.
Squeeze in the soft garlic, but don't put the skins in.
Add the stock and blend until smooth.
Remove from the blender and reheat. Season to taste. Serve in warmed bowls, garnished with the reserved chickpeas.

If only using 1 tbsp. of oil, don't forget to stir the veg around from time to time.

This recipe is based on one from A Girl Called Jack.

Kathy's No Fuss Recipes

Ah, that gives me some context as I don't see this on a phone so had no clue. I think I need to buy a decent phone, being that I develop web pages it may just be the way forward. lol.[/QUOTE]

Haha, that's definitely a good excuse, if you needed one, to go out and buy a phone, so that you can see what your pages look like and possibly allow for that in your design. :)

ROASTED CARROT, CHICKPEA AND GARLIC SOUP - Serves 4

1.5 Syns per serving

300g carrots, washed and thickly sliced
400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
4 fat cloves of garlic
1 tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil - 6 Syns. The recipe suggests 2 tbsp. but, I kept stirring the mixture round, from time to time and 1 tbsp. seemed ok.
150g onion, finely sliced
Half tsp. ground cumin
A pinch of dried chilli flakes
800ml vegetable stock, made from half a veg stock cube

Pre-heat the oven to 180C/Gas 4.
Wash the carrots, snip the ends off and slice thickly, tossing them into a roasting tin.
Add the drained and rinsed chickpeas to the tin.
Add the whole cloves of garlic to the tin.
Pour over the oil and mix it all around. Pop in the oven for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, peel and thinly slice the onion and set to one side.
When the 20 minutes is up, remove the tray from the oven, scatter the onion over, and the cumin and chilli flakes, and give it another stir around.
Cook for a further 20 minutes or until the veg is soft.
Remove the cloves of garlic from the tin and tip the rest of the ingredients into a blender or processor, keeping some chickpeas back for garnish, if you like.
Squeeze in the soft garlic, but don't put the skins in.
Add the stock and blend until smooth.
Remove from the blender and reheat. Season to taste. Serve in warmed bowls, garnished with the reserved chickpeas.

If only using 1 tbsp. of oil, don't forget to stir the veg around from time to time.

This recipe is based on one from A Girl Called Jack.

This is definitely going on my 'to make' list.... sounds amazing. I love soup, have it for lunch nearly every day, so there is always room for another recipe to try out :)

EASY PORK AND CHORIZO MEATBALLS - Serves 4

Approx. 1.5 Syns per serving

300g extra lean pork mince
100g finely diced chorizo - 6.5 Syns
Quarter of a medium onion, finely chopped - you'll use the rest for the sauce

The sauce - The rest of the onion, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
500g passata
1 tbsp. dried oregano

Make the meatballs by putting the first three ingredients into a food processor and blitz until thoroughly mixed.
Form into approx. 28 small meatballs. Cover with clingfilm and chill for at least half an hour.
When the meatballs have chilled, fry them gently in a non-stick pan, until they are browned all over, whilst making the sauce.

To make the sauce, spray a non-stick pan with Frylight and gently fry the onion and garlic until softened.
Add the chilli and fry for a further minute.
Add the passata, then stir in the oregano.
Once the sauce is heated through, add the meatballs and cook gently for 20 minutes.
Whan ready, stir the meatballs and sauce through drained pasta and, if you can spare it, sprinkle with HEX grated cheese.

I made this tonight and the whole family loved it - thank you! It's definitely on the "will make again" list :)

Looks amazing, cavegirl! How many Syns in the Coconut Nectar and, did it taste as good as it looks? Thanks for the photos too! :)

Kathy xx

Back