Delicious meals with minimum ingredients.

Hiya, Sian! Not heard from you for a few days! :) Must admit, I did think of you when I typed up the Pork and Chorizo Burgers! :D Have you noticed, Darren has dedicated a whole section of the itemized index to chorizo?!! You could maybe try adding a crumbling of dried chilli flakes to the KFC recipe, to make it more spicy, I suppose. Let me know what you decide and how it turns out. Hope things are going well for you. Good to hear from you. xx

Will give it a try.. When in London I did have a chicken with Brie and cranberry burger... Leave that with you to make it more healthy xx

Will check all the posts later... XX

MADRAS CURRY - Serves 4

2 Syns per serving

2-3 tsp Madras Curry powder
3 cloves of garlic
1 small piece of ginger or half a tsp. dried
1 large tomato

Blend the garlic, ginger and tomato in a blender until a paste is formed. Add this to the curry powder and mix well.

500g your choice of meat - chicken, lamb, pork, beef, turkey
1 large onion, finely chopped
200ml Blue Dragon Light coconut milk - 7.5 Syns
2 tbsp. tomato puree
1 cinnamon stick
1.5 tsp. garam masala

Spray a large pan well with Frylight and cook the onion until softening - could start off in the microwave with a splash of water first, to speed things up.
Stir in the curry paste and cook for another minute.
Add the meat and stir until coated with the mixture.
Add the coconut milk, tomato puree and one and a half mugs of water. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add the cinnamon stick and simmer for 1 hour. Check and stir occasionally, adding more water, if necessary.
Add the garam masala and a pinch of salt and granulated sweetener five minutes before the curry is cooked.

Lovely served with plain, boiled rice.

If you can get your hands on any tamarind water, add in 3 tbsp., along with the garam masala, as it adds an authentic flavour to this curry.

Will give this one a go this week, I've been obsessed with curry recently and loved your veg curry recipe last week :) xx

CHICKEN, BACON AND BRIE BURGERS - Serves 4

Syns dependent on how much Brie you use

1 lb minced chicken - get your butcher to do this for you
Quarter of an onion, finely grated
1 clove of garlic, crushed
1 tbsp. finely chopped fresh basil
4-8 rashers of bacon, all visible fat removed
Brie

Pre-heat the grill.
In a large bowl, combine the chicken, onion, garlic, basil and a little salt and black pepper. Do not over-mix.
Meanwhile, be cooking the bacon under the grill, until crisp.
Form into four burger shapes and grill slowly, until cooked through.
When the burgers are about 15 seconds from being cooked, top with the Brie, so it can melt a little (only a little) under the grill.

Top the burgers with a rasher or two of the crisp bacon, add some salad leaves and serve on HEX bread rolls. If you prefer, add the Brie later so it doesn't melt.

Tesco Somerset Brie, Lighter - 25g = 3 Syns
Sainsbury's Somerset Brie - 25g = 3.5 Syns
Sainsbury's French Brie, Mild and Creamy - 25g = 4.5 Syns

Hope you like it, if you try, Sian! :D

Last edited:
Sian that sounds amazing! Definately going to try this x

This thread is great. A big thank you to everyone for the help I have got with my meals. X

GRILLED CHICKEN BURGER WITH BRIE - Serves 2

Again, Syns dependent on how much Brie you use.

2 small, skinless chicken breasts
Light Brie - Tesco Somerset Brie, Lighter - 25g = 3 Syns
A little Dijon mustard - 1 level tsp. = 0.5 Syn
A little finely chopped rosemary

Pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness with a wooden rolling pin or a mallet.
Season both sides with a little salt, black pepper and rosemary.
Grill under a pre-heated grill for about 5 minutes each side or until thoroughly cooked through.
Grill a couple of HEX bread rolls.
Assemble the chicken burgers with the mustard, brie and a few salad leaves.

Based on a recipe by thymeoftaste.com

SPICY PRAWN JACKET POTATOES - Serves 4

1-2 Syns for the whole recipe

170g FF Greek yoghurt
4 baking potatoes
2 peppers, deseeded and finely chopped
2 level tbsp. Massaman or Thai curry paste - Syns at bottom of recipe
250g raw, peeled prawns
Handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped

Heat the oven to 200C/Gas 6.
Prick the potatoes and bake for about an hour or until cooked and tender in the middle.
Spray a non-stick frying pan well with Frylight.
Fry the peppers until beginning to soften.
Add the curry paste and 4 tbsp. water and continue to cook until the peppers are soft.
Add the prawns and cook for a further 2-3 minutes or until cooked through.
Turn the heat to very low and stir in the yoghurt.
Mix in the coriander.
Spoon the filling into the potatoes and serve.

This is from the FAGE site.

Sharwoods Thai Green Paste - 1 level tbsp. = 0.5 Syn
Sharwoods Thai Red Paste - 1 level tbsp. = 1 Syn
Sainsbury's Thai Green Paste - 1 level tbsp. = 1.5 Syns
Sainsbury's Thai Red Paste - 1 level tbsp. = 1 Syn
Asda Massaman Curry Paste - 1 level tbsp. = 1 Syn
Sainsbury's Massaman Curry Paste - 1 level tbsp. = 1 Syn

CHICKEN, BACON AND BRIE BURGERS - Serves 4 Syns dependent on how much Brie you use 1 lb minced chicken - get your butcher to do this for you Quarter of an onion, finely grated 1 clove of garlic, crushed 1 tbsp. finely chopped fresh basil 4-8 rashers of bacon, all visible fat removed Brie Pre-heat the grill. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, onion, garlic, basil and a little salt and black pepper. Do not over-mix. Meanwhile, be cooking the bacon under the grill, until crisp. Form into four burger shapes and grill slowly, until cooked through. When the burgers are about 15 seconds from being cooked, top with the Brie, so it can melt a little (only a little) under the grill. Top the burgers with a rasher or two of the crisp bacon, add some salad leaves and serve on HEX bread rolls. If you prefer, add the Brie later so it doesn't melt. Tesco Somerset Brie, Lighter - 25g = 3 Syns Sainsbury's Somerset Brie - 25g = 3.5 Syns Sainsbury's French Brie, Mild and Creamy - 25g = 4.5 Syns Hope you like it, if you try, Sian! :D

I will soon be stuffing my face with that ;-) x

Here's another, which my family love.

4. JERK CHICKEN WITH BEANS - Serves 4

Syn Free if using a spice powder like Schwartz Perfect Shake jerk seasoning

4 skinless chicken breasts
4 tsp. jerk seasoning
2 red onions, thinly sliced
2x400g cans chopped tomatoes
400g can red kidney beans

Toss chicken in 1 tsp. jerk seasoning, with a little salt and pepper.
Spray a large frying pan with Frylight and heat, before quickly browning the chicken. Remove chicken.
Spray pan again, if necessary and add the sliced onion, cooking until beginning to soften, before adding the remaining jerk seasoning and cooking for a further minute.
Return the chicken to the pan, pour over the tomatoes, then bring to a simmer. Cover, then cook for 20 minutes. Remove the lid, stir in the beans, then cook for 10 minutes longer.
Serve with rice.

Hey just a question please loving all the recipes but I normally just use my phone!! If I go onto this link via mycomputer do u know if they are quick links on the index of your recipes that will take me straight there? x

If you find a post from Daz there is a link to a website of the bottom of his signature where they are all linked

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

thanks, Willbeslimjen and Cavegirl. You beat me to it! :) To be honest, Cavegirl, I wouldn't have known how to put the link up anyway! :D xx

NANDO'S COCONUT CHICKEN CURRY - Serves 4

Approx. 4 Syns per serving

8 skinless chicken thighs
60ml Nando's Medium Peri-Peri sauce - 2 Syns
4 mini cucumbers
1 sprig of basil
400ml Light coconut milk - 14.5 Syns
2 spring onions

Spray a large pan well with Frylight and brown the chicken thighs on all sides.
Add the Peri-Peri sauce and the coconut milk to the pan.
Bring to the boil, then cook gently until the chicken thighs are thoroughly cooked through.
If the curry sauce is too runny, reduce by boiling rapidly until the desired consistency is reached.
Spoon the curry over cooked noodles or rice and top with thinly sliced mini cucumbers, freshly torn basil and thinly sliced spring onions.

This is a take on an actual Nando's recipe. I haven't tried it yet but thought it sounded tasty and easy to cook.

SPICY CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS AND BUTTERNUT BAKE - Serves 4

Approx. 2 Syns per serving

2 tbsp tomato puree
250ml Nando's Medium Peri-Peri sauce - 8.5 Syns
400g cannellini beans, drained
8 skinless chicken legs
250g BNS, peeled and cubed
200g cherry tomatoes

Pre-heat the oven to 180C/Gas 4.
Mix the tomato puree and Peri-Peri sauce together.
Place the drained beans, chicken legs and BNS in a large ovenproof dish and pour the sauce over. Baste the legs well.
Roast for one hour, then add the tomatoes to the dish and return to the oven.
Once the chicken and BNS are cooked through and the tomatoes have blistered, remove from the oven and serve.

Good with a green veg and some SW wedges.

This is another Nando's recipe.

EASY PORK AND CHORIZO MEATBALLS - Serves 4

Approx. 1.5 Syns per serving

300g extra lean pork mince
100g finely diced chorizo - 6.5 Syns
Quarter of a medium onion, finely chopped - you'll use the rest for the sauce

The sauce - The rest of the onion, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
500g passata
1 tbsp. dried oregano

Make the meatballs by putting the first three ingredients into a food processor and blitz until thoroughly mixed.
Form into approx. 28 small meatballs. Cover with clingfilm and chill for at least half an hour.
When the meatballs have chilled, fry them gently in a non-stick pan, until they are browned all over, whilst making the sauce.

To make the sauce, spray a non-stick pan with Frylight and gently fry the onion and garlic until softened.
Add the chilli and fry for a further minute.
Add the passata, then stir in the oregano.
Once the sauce is heated through, add the meatballs and cook gently for 20 minutes.
Whan ready, stir the meatballs and sauce through drained pasta and, if you can spare it, sprinkle with HEX grated cheese.

Thank you for another lovely recipe Kathy - made this tonight and it was scrummy, I had it with stir fry and hubby had it with pasta and he scored it 11 out of 10! I made double the quantity so there's 6 more servings nestling in the freezer!xx

PS: I took ur advice and used a blender rather than a food processor I don't have! Thx again xxx

CHILLED PASTA WITH CURRY SAUCE - Serves 4

Syn Free

500g FF Greek yoghurt
800g cooked linguine pasta
4 tbsp curry powder
2 red peppers
1 mango, diced
4 cloves of garlic, crushed
Dried chilli flakes, to taste
Chopped coriander, to taste
Chopped chives

Spray the red pepper with Frylight and grill until blackened.
Place in a plastic food bag and seal. This will loosen the skin with steam. When cool, skin and finely dice.
Mix the curry powder, mango, garlic, chilli flakes (to taste), coriander, chives, red pepper, yoghurt and seasoning.
Add the cooked and well drained pasta. Chill, then serve.

A lovely lunch served on a bed of salad leaves.

This is based on a FAGE recipe.

Oh, good. Really glad you both enjoyed them, Linda and how very organised of you, freezing extra portions! :) xx

Really it's my lazy streak Kathy - my rationale is that while I'm makingone meal - with a tiny bit more effort I can double/treble up and save time/work another day! xx

Back