Delicious meals with minimum ingredients.

CHORIZO AND BORLOTTI BEANS ON TOAST - Serves 3

3.5 Syns per serving

100g chorizo, diced - Sainsbury's diced chorizo is now Synned slightly lower - 10.5 Syns
Half an onion, finely chopped
1 clove of garlic, crushed
4 sprigs of thyme - leaves only
400g chopped tomatoes - can use fresh or canned, depending on how saucy you want it
400g can borlotti beans, drained and rinsed
Half tsp. paprika

Heat a pan over a medium heat. Add the chorizo and fry for about 5 minutes until it has released it's oils and has started to brown.
Add the onion and garlic and fry until the onion has softened.
Throw the thyme leaves in during the last minute and stir through.
Pour in the chopped tomatoes, beans, paprika and seasoning. Stir together and turn down the heat.
Simmer for 10-15 minutes until everything is cooked through and the sauce has thickened.

Good served on HEX toast or in a baked potato.

This recipe is based mainly on AmyElizabeth's blog.

STICKY LIME, SOY AND HONEY CHICKEN - Serves 4

Just over 1 Syn per serving

8 chicken thigh fillets, skinless
1 lime, zest and juice
2 tbsp. dark soy sauce
2 level tbsp. runny honey - 5 Syns

Chop the thigh fillets into bite-sized pieces.
Mix together the lime zest and juice, the soy sauce and the honey, in a bowl.
Add the chicken pieces and mix together thoroughly. Cover with cling film and place in fridge to marinate - overnight, if possible.
Spray a large, non-stick pan well with Frylight, then cook the marinated chicken, turning several times, until evenly and thoroughly cooked through.

Good served with SW wedges and a salad or in a Synned tortilla wrap, with salad.

This recipe is by Katie Bryson.

SWEET POTATO, CHORIZO AND CHICKPEA FRITATTA - Serves 2-4 (depending how hungry you are)

5 Syns for the whole frittata, if using the cheese as part HEX's

1 medium sweet potato, peeled and thinly sliced (about 3mm thick)
1 medium onion, finely chopped
75g button mushrooms, sliced
100g diced chorizo - 5 Syns
120g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
8 medium eggs
1 tbsp. milk, taken from allowance
40g mature Cheddar, grated

Spray a 9 inch quiche dish with Frylight and use a pastry brush to spread it into all the edges.
Pre-heat the oven to 180C/Gas 4.
Boil the potato slices for about 4 minutes, or until just tender. Arrange the slices over the bottom of the quiche dish.
In a large, non-stick frying pan, cook the chorizo until the oils are released and it has crisped up slightly. Remove from the pan and set aside, leaving as much of the oil in the pan as possible.
Gently fry the onion and mushrooms in the chorizo oil, until the onion is soft.
Return the chorizo to the pan, along with the drained chickpeas and fry for a further minute.
Spoon this mixture evenly over the potato slices.
Whisk together the tbsp. of milk and the eggs, seasoning with black pepper to taste.
Stir through the grated cheese, reserving a little for later.
Pour the egg mixture over the contents of the quiche dish, poking any chickpeas or pieces of chorizo that are sticking out back under the surface of the egg mixture.
Sprinkle the reserved grated cheese over the surface.
Bake in the middle of the oven for about 25 minutes or until puffed up and golden brown. It should also be firm when the dish is gently shaken.

Gorgeous served with a large, colourful salad. If preferred, you could, of course, omit the chickpeas.

This recipe is based on one by Hannah Jade.

* It made my day, when I discovered that Sainsbury's diced chorizo is now shown as 150g = 15 Syns. It used to be 100g = 12.5 Syns so it's great to know that all that lovely yumminess now works out at about 100g = 10 Syns!!! Beware though, as Nanny Doreen pointed out to me, this is only the Sainsbury's diced chorizo so you'd have to check out any other you may buy. :bliss:

STICKY TARTED UP SAUSAGES - Serves 4

1 Syn per serving

1 level tbsp. sweet chilli sauce - 1.5 Syns
1 tbsp. runny honey - 2.5 Syns
1 clove of garlic, crushed
1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
1cm fresh ginger, finely grated
8 SW sausages - could use reduced-fat but don't forget to Syn

Put the sausages in a roasting tin and combine all the other ingredients together to form a sticky paste.
Brush each sausage with the glaze until coated, then stick them in the oven for about 30 minutes.

Good with SW wedges or mash and baked beans. Whatever you fancy, really!

This recipe is based on one by Katie Bryson.

Last edited:
CHORIZO BAKED EGGS - Serves 2

5 Syns per serving (so only when you're being light on the Syns with everything else!)

100g Sainsbury's diced chorizo - 10 Syns
10-15 cherry tomatoes
One red onion, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
1 tsp. sweetener
A bunch of coriander, stalks and leaves chopped separately
2 eggs

Cook the chorizo in a pan until it's oils are released, then place it in a baking dish.
In the oil soften the onion, garlic and tomatoes. You could blend half the tomatoes and leave the other half whole, if you like. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Add in the sweetener and coriander stalks and cook for 8-10 minutes.
Tip the tomato mixture over the chorizo in the baking dish and sprinkle on the coriander leaves.
Break the eggs onto the mixture and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
When cooked, serve on a warmed plate, accompanied by a chunk of HEX bread, to dip into the yolks. Either that or you could serve them on HEX toast.

This is based on a recipe from Emily's recipes and reviews.

Woeful regret indeed. We forgive you Darren. I was beginning to wonder if you were on holiday. I must say it is still really great the way we can click on a recipe name and get the recipe come up. Still I move cursor over to put the screen up. Force of habit.

Thanks Darren xx

Holiday? What is one of those!? :)

Im lost about the cursor? Its bad habit to make links open in new windows but for this, where one may be looking through different ideas for meals, I thought it best to open separately so the main page doesn't get lost.

Ooooh, a rep comment. Thank you. :D I shall return more often, such an attention seeker that I am. :flirt2::flirt2:

Ha ha! Very well deserved, Darren! Thanks so much again, for all your hard work, putting this clickable index together. :winner: It's brilliant and Doreen and I appreciate it so much, as I'm sure lots of other people do!! How are you doing lately?

BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND SMOKED BACON RISOTTO - Serves 2-3 (depending how greedy you're feeling)

Based on 2 servings - EITHER 1 Syn per serving OR (if using olive oil) 4 Syns per serving

500g BNS, cut into 2cm chunks
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 white onion, finely chopped
4 rashers of smoked bacon (could use plain), all visible fat removed and cut into strips
200g Arborio rice
50g baby spinach
50g Philadelphia Lightest - 2 Syns
1 litre vegetable stock
Paprika

Spread the BNS chunks onto a Frylighted baking tray. Spray well with Frylight and sprinkle with some paprika, to taste. Roast for about 40 minutes, or until soft.
When there's about 20 minutes left for the BNS to cook, spray a pan well with Frylight and add the garlic and onion. Stir. Put a lid on and allow to sweat until just starting to soften. Stir from time to time.
Add the strips of bacon, and when just cooked, add the rice to the mixture. Stir well so the rice is coated with all the juices, and start to add a ladleful of stock, one at a time, stirring constantly, waiting until it is absorbed, before adding another.
Keep adding the stock and stirring round, until the rice is tender.
At the last minute, throw in the spinach, roast BNS and the Philly cheese. Stir together well.

Lovely served on warmed plates and, if you can spare it, topped with grated/shaved HEX parmesan.

This recipe is based on one by TheDinnerBell.co.uk.

Ha ha! Very well deserved, Darren! Thanks so much again, for all your hard work, putting this clickable index together. :winner: It's brilliant and Doreen and I appreciate it so much, as I'm sure lots of other people do!! How are you doing lately?

I had another rep comment but without a name given so i didn't think i would gloat about that one. :D

Not sure if many actually use the webpage to be honest, but not totally sure. Its still something I enjoy to do.

All good here thanks, same as ever, but can't complain. Hope you are well.

Have updated again so its as up to date as possible.

You need to put a counter on it then you can see how many people look at it. I send everyone who wants recipes to the web page as it's easier to find a recipe there. :)

Ooooh, hit counters, contentious issue. lol. I can look at the logs on the host server but not actually worked out the graphs yet. Oooops. :D

Back