Delivery query

Spannerwanner

technologically ignorant
Does anyone know if the courier that Diet Chef uses have depots where you can collects stuff from on Saturdays?

I work so I'm out all day and have no-one who can take in a package and no-where to have it left. I e-mailed the site but got a reply that managed to not answer the actual question.

Thanks

You know, I can't for the life of me remember who they use!!!

What a bad memory I have! Sorry! Maybe Denie is the one to ask as her delivery is due tomorrow so she can make a note and you can then check.

It's a bit hard I think - most couriers for some reason only work Monday-Friday!

Sadly work is no good as it would be too heavy to take home (two bus journeys plus quite a bit of walking). Oh well, I wonder if internet shops know how much business they lose because people like me never order from them if they only offer delievry options that don't fit in with our lives!

Thanks for the help.

Sadly work is no good as it would be too heavy to take home (two bus journeys plus quite a bit of walking). Oh well, I wonder if internet shops know how much business they lose because people like me never order from them if they only offer delievry options that don't fit in with our lives!

Thanks for the help.

get in touch with DC and they can tell you who they will use and maybe they mught have some delivery options???? friends, parents.

ps thanks for the Thanked in Post (1st one)

Thanks for the thanks for being thanked (this could get silly).

I have tried asking DC but the reply wasn't that helpful and they said that the delivery times aren't very reliable at the moment which makes it worse.

The friends, relatives option is out as well because they are all at work themselves or live too far away. I get some things delivered to my friend's shop but that's only an option for things he can carry as it is a very long drive through London traffic to get there. If I really want something by courier then I order it so it will turn up when I've taken a weeks leave but that isn't really much use for the type of regular ordering I'd need to do for DC. It's a shame more places don't use Parcel Force, they also only deliver Monday to Friday but they leave your parcel at the local Post Office which is open on Saturdays.

Sorry about the whinging, I just have a particular gripe with couriers who have a business model that just doesn't seem to understand that people go to work. If I ever have the money to set up a business I was thinking of setting up a courier service that only delivers in the evenings and at weekends.

Last edited:
What would be really good is if couriers could adopt the supermarket delivery model where you can get a dedicated two hour delivery slot - I suppose that really is wishful thinking.

Back