deluxe pack?

Mags12

Hi everyone

Been looking at the deluxe essentials pack on the WW site with the books and calculator, would definitely be a good buy for me as I don't go to class but subscribe online. A friend told me that WW don't accept visa electron for purchases does anyone know if this is true? It says it accepts visa..not sure if that covers all visa type cards.

Hoping they do take it, I paid for my sub that way and really don't want to have to ebay it!

thanks x

I'd say if they took your subs payment with it then you're ok. I can't see why they'd take it for one thing and not another x

Just off the phone to WW they don't accept visa electron for shop purchases...but yet they do for subscriptions. The lady I spoke to was very nice but couldn't offer any explanation :confused:

<banker hat on>
visa electron uses a circuit that is different from the normal visa debit card. Basically with visa electron the bank checks your balance on your account before authorising the transaction, because accounts with visa electron don't have overdrafts. Hence, you need to have a system that supports this check to support visa electron. Now, when you subscribe online, weight watchers uses a secure server transaction from a subscription shopping cart. When instead you go to meetings and you buy stuff using your debit card, or when you process the payment over the telephone (I suppose the payment system is exactly the same!) it uses the merchant circuit provided by Barclays business. They're two different things and that's why one can accept visa electron payments and the other one cannot.

Is it any clearer now? :)
</banker hat off>

Back