Deminished appetite?

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by NikkiM32, 5 July 2011 Social URL.

1. NikkiM32

NikkiM32 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.7%)
    Diet:
    Atkins (previously LighterLife)
    Now I never thought I'd ever see myself come off with something like this lol but has anybody else found that they have lost their appetite? Up until recently i was ravenous! I'm on week 6 on Induction (10lb off :) and for the past week or so I can't really face or finish meals anymore...and am making myself snack on Atkins friendly foods so I have something. I'm trying to work out if it's boredom or just a side effect...I'm not upset about it because it's a HUGE relief from the way I used to eat in the past but I'm not really enjoying food anymore :( I also have dirreah (sp) every day quite a few times in the day (no matter what i eat now) and lethargy and this isn't so nice :( xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. girlygirl1

girlygirl1 Banned

Almost certainly a welcome side-effect of Atkins. Ketosis brings the joy of reduced appetite. Isn't it great? Enjoy your food and be sure to keep a good balance that includes your daily veggies.

4. drasim

drasim Mayo Addict

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    16st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Yeah it's getting worse though for me, as in I'm barely able to get over 1000 cals a day.

Barely made a dent in the kebab last night....good job it's also my breakfast today. Hehe

5. Kat1e

Kat1e This is for life

Start Weight:
    17st8.9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st6.2lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10.1lb(26.77%)
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Might be worth trying a different balance of food. Not being hungry good - tummy woes and lethargy bad! DH found he had to give up eggs for example, i really needed mims for the first 4 months etc Shake it up a bit and see what you can do.

Also maybe try getting some more exercise in - that should make you hungry!
    Hope feel better soon

6. Leanne1

Leanne1 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(8.25%)
    Diet:
    Low carb
    That tummy thing is not good. Go to your chemist and ask what you can use for it. You are bound to feel rubbish with that going on.

7. ladyfelsham

ladyfelsham Clean green leafy machine

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    22st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(5.95%)
    Diet:
    LCHF
    Keep in mind you don't have to finish everything on your plate any more - eat when you're hungry, and try to nibble on something at mealtimes when you're not. Just try to avoid skipping meals because that won't help :)

And eat your greens! :)

8. princess.85

princess.85 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(16.88%)
    Know the feeling I barely even finish a salad that's ridiculous! I'm hitting about 700 Cals a day if that!

9. BlackRose

BlackRose Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Boots Slender Shakes
    I am the worst in the world for this! Well, perhaps a slight exaggeration but what I mean is, I am the same. If you go like I have, the diarrhoea will turn into constipation -and probably alternate. My appetite is non-existent and I do have to force myself to eat. Look at my WIs - when I eat three meals a day - and because they're smaller I cram as much fat and veg in there as I can - I have great losses. When I eat once a day, as sadly I've been wont to do - I have crap losses -or even as this week a gain!

The lethargy also lifts when you make yourself eat because your body when it goes in to starvation mode, slows right down. Eating = burning = energy.

I'm still struggling to keep this in practise but I really do believe that it makes a HUGE difference.

Good luck, and I hope you feel better soon.

10. Cinta

Cinta Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    -0st5lb(-3.25%)
    Diet:
    LC/Atkins
    Oh that is so like me. I can start eating a meal & just have to stop, I couldn't get another mouthful in. My DH gets worried, but I just can't force it. I'm in hungry mode this week, lol. Hope your tummy gets better Nikki.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.