Depressed, out of ketosis

Rachelina

had a blip yesterday on Day 9, decided I couldn't do this diet so close to christmas so had a bit of a binge last night (carbfest!)

this mornin I woke up and decided I am still going to do it and put it behind me and all that, was really shocked when stick showed I was still in ketosis!

anyway, been good all day, drunk loads and stuck to ss but now I'm out of ketosis

is it going to take me 3 days again to get back into it?, not sure how long it took me at the beginning cos I didn't check

I haven't got weighed (I had lost 12lbs) but how long will it take to reverse the damage weightwise? or have I completely ballsed up?

Hey Rach

You may of been showin in ketosis this morning if you were a bit dehydrated but im sure a CDC will be along to clarify!!

Anyway you have got back on the wagon so that is the main thing!
You may not have done that much damage!!

When is your next weigh in?

keep your chin up love! im sure you can do it

Lou x

Shouldnt take 3 days, you maybe in by tomorrow morning again, just drink the water and stay focissed x

my next wi is Monday morning, I spoke to my cdc who was great and said if I stick to it now I should be able to get my stone off for Monday

just really angry with myself for being so weak, so many of you on here have done so well and stuck to this week after week and I've caved after 9 days!!!

don't beat yourself up!! your back on and just stick at it!! you can do it, imagine how great you'll feel by xmas... :p

One thing that you must remember, and it is a mistake that nearly everyone makes, is that the ketostix do not measure whether you are in ketosis or not (not really). They are not a measure of "how far into ketosis" you are based on how dark the colour. What the DO measure is how concentrated the ketones (by-product of ketosis) are in the urine. When you first woke up this morning you may well have been showing ketones. If you have been drinking a lot of water today, you will have severely diluted the ketones so the concentration may be too low to show on the stix. THis does not necessarily mean that you are not in ketosis.

As to how long it will take to get back to where you were .... really does depend on how much and what type of carbs you ate. I should not think it will take 3 days though .... I would guess 24/36 hours to get back into it.

If you do weigh yourself, do not stress too much. Any weight gain shown will be part water retention due to eating, and that will soon go again. I doubt with one session you will have put on much "true" weight if any. To put on just 1 lb of fat you need to have consumed 3700 kcal over and above what your body needs in a day. For the average woman that means you will need to have consumed 5700 calories, and I doubt you will have done that. If you did, then it was one SERIOUS binge :)

It was a blip. Learn from it, put it behind you, and move on. You will not have undone all the good you have done. The biggest injury will be to your pride, not your weight.

Back