Depressing reality check :(

chloecat

I know full well I'm the heaviest I have ever been and am preparing to give SW yet another go. I have to succeed this time, my weight is seriously keeping me stuck in a cycle of depression, low self-esteem and hopelessness that I can't break out of. I can't go on feeling like this.

Today was a depressing sign of how bad things have got. I'm at the stage were only 2 pairs of trousers fit me, black ones and jeans. My jeans split a few weeks ago and as much as I hate buying clothes for my fat body, this was necessary.

I found a pair of lovely dark blue wide legs. I'm a size 18 but decided to be realistic and try on the 20s. They were too tight!!!! :'( but I couldn't find anything else so had to buy them to slim into.

Slimming into size 20?! Wow these are bad times :'(

Please don't beat yourself up - you just have weight to lose.

It can be done, and you can do it.

But I also know how you feel. 4 weeks ago I was buying size 18's again (having been wearing 14/16's for a couple of years) suddenly I ballooned and really the 18's were tight - or showed my ever increasing stomache/midrift...................

4 weeks later I am 8lb's lighter and the 18's are slightly too big on me - and I actually bought 2 size 16 tops last week too.....................

JUST 4 short weeks you can be feeling so much better about yourself.

Remember, you can do it.

Good luck.

Best Wishes.

Gilly x

chloecat said:
I know full well I'm the heaviest I have ever been and am preparing to give SW yet another go. I have to succeed this time, my weight is seriously keeping me stuck in a cycle of depression, low self-esteem and hopelessness that I can't break out of. I can't go on feeling like this.

Today was a depressing sign of how bad things have got. I'm at the stage were only 2 pairs of trousers fit me, black ones and jeans. My jeans split a few weeks ago and as much as I hate buying clothes for my fat body, this was necessary.

I found a pair of lovely dark blue wide legs. I'm a size 18 but decided to be realistic and try on the 20s. They were too tight!!!! :'( but I couldn't find anything else so had to buy them to slim into.

Slimming into size 20?! Wow these are bad times :'(

16 weeks ago I was exactly the same.... Only things that would fit were leggings or some huge lounge trousers. I felt like crap. The lowest moment was when my younger sister said she was going to slimming world to lose her baby weight and she only weighs 12 stone.... I was 18st 1lb. :eek:
But I joined slimming world and just stuck to the plan and now I feel so much better.... Got my 2 stone award this week but best of all I was rooting through my drawers and found a pair of jeans that I bought years ago that were tight when I bought them and I eventually couldn't even fasten them. I thought I might just squeeze into them now I've lost some weight, I put them on and they are huuuuuge!

You can do it..... It doesn't matter where you start out its where you end up :)

Thanks for the support everyone, it's made me feel a lot better. I was so depressed in the shop - didn't help that it was a horrible hot day and the service in the shop was awful. I could really feel my stress levels rising!! I know moaning and whining won't get me anywhere, but to have actually been rooting through the rails looking for a size 22 is a place I never thought I would be.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who spent years convincing myself I was happy the way I was, but like you when I was putting on clothes that were a size 20 or 22 I knew I was lying to myself....

don't worry about having a moan, we're all entitled to every now and then.

And I hate shopping for clothes when it's hot... Makes me all flustered and Short tempered!

Big hugs hun! As you can see, plenty of us have been there so as little as it helps, you're not alone. Use that experience as your focus to keep you on track. At my biggest I was squeezing into stretchy size 22 jeans and telling myself they were just small sizes. They weren't. 6 months ago I was just about getting into a big 18. Now? Size 14 pretty much everywhere and it feels so so good.

You can do it hun, plenty of us have. Have you done SW before? X

I have done SW before and had success. I lost 3st about 5 years ago but then let it slip. Last summer I was doing really well and was just about to start exercising to boost the loss when I had an accident and broke a toe. 3 weeks of bed rest, combined with pain, boredom and money worries as I wasn't getting paid for the time off drove me back to eating. I restarted about a month ago but was so insanely strict I couldn't keep it up.

So now I'm back! Ready to go, just trying to get my head into a determined enthusiastic frame rather than depressed as it is now :(

You are in the right place with lots of others to give you support.
I joined SW 3 weeks ago and although I was not totally upset about my weight I was shocked at how fast my weight was piling on. I put on 3 stone in 6 months and needed to do something as was going on so so fast. I tried telling myself there was no point in me trying to lose weight as I am on so many meds that all cause weight gain and have little mobility but I thought that even if it stops me putting on more weight it would be worth it.

In 3 weeks I have lost 12lb and that is with no exercise so I am over the moon. I love SW as you can eat so much and still lose weight.

This forum is my lifesaver with so many recipes and tips on how to help. I really hope this helps you as much as it has me. I have also joined the christmas challenge thread as it helps you think long term.

Loads of luck x

chloecat said:
So now I'm back! Ready to go, just trying to get my head into a determined enthusiastic frame rather than depressed as it is now :(

yeah, def need to get head in the right place else it'll never work. Great that you've done it before as you know how it all works. Depends on your mentality but i find lists help - meal and exercise plans, dates/weights plus I've pulled out some pics of outfits that I want to keep me focussed on a reward. Good luck hun, you can do it x

There is one thing that I have to do or else I would never stick to the plan. Planning ahead. I sit every night and plan what we are going to eat the following day. I know if I didn't do this I would end up not having a clue what to make and end up eating something thats quick and easy and probably many many syns :rolleyes:

Yes I agree. I love SW but it does involve planning and thinking. I've decided to start today, these replies have given me a push as I can see how much encouragement or support there is here. Thank you all.

We are not going shopping until Friday so am going to make do until then. Have lots of random leftovers in the fridge and am going to make a chicken and vegetable pie tonight, topped with potato. Remember that recipe from last time and it was lovely!

Remember, we're all in the same boat..... I too have just re-joined, after a great year last year - this years been awful, found that I had to wear jumpers for work as my blouses wouldn't do up..... well - this is my 1st week back on track

We're all here 4 eachother - You can do it!!

Deb

i had to say i remember telling myself that shops sizes were smaller. Especially tesco clothes... I was all "there's no point looking, their sizes are all wrong" i'm wearing some tesco trousers now and really they are a size too big (18). I had to look at some old photos of me and it makes me sad to see what everyone else was seeing because i just didn't want to own up to it. but i did, and i have shrunk, and as horrid as your reality check was you will be improving your life on the back of it and be an even more fabulous version of you. It's hard to be positive when you are at the beginning, but those lbs are going to be dropping off of you :)

Franalamadingdong said:
i had to say i remember telling myself that shops sizes were smaller. Especially tesco clothes... I was all "there's no point looking, their sizes are all wrong" i'm wearing some tesco trousers now and really they are a size too big (18). I had to look at some old photos of me and it makes me sad to see what everyone else was seeing because i just didn't want to own up to it. but i did, and i have shrunk, and as horrid as your reality check was you will be improving your life on the back of it and be an even more fabulous version of you. It's hard to be positive when you are at the beginning, but those lbs are going to be dropping off of you :)

Exactly! Those sizes are honestly too generous but I would insist they were 'stupid'. They weren't, my weight was just out of control. And photos - god they are so painful. I really couldn't see it and now I'm disgusted x

Been in that place and its not nice. I was in size 22 clothes and now im in 16-18 depending on the shop. Ive kept a pair of my 22 trousers though and every now and again it gives me a boost to look at them and think I never want to end up back in that position. Keep at it, eventually it will be worth the struggle when youre a skinny minny :)

Back