• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Depression & Lighter Life

strange..I have suffered from depression in the past (not bipolar though) and I have recently been diagnosed with post natal depression. I am not taking any medicines, just counselling and have had no problems in joining LLT. You should speak to your doctor again.

There's someone in my group who suffers from depression (though I don't know anything more about her condition), and she was still allowed to join but I think had to get a letter signed by her doctor? It's not impossible.

MsJMC

Strong women stay slim
Ask them at LL if they have doctors they use to sign people , as mine did when I joined .

I have suffered from depression since I was 17 in varying degrees. The Dr didn't see it as an issue for doing LL as losing weight and subsequent better approach to life was seen as a much better option. I'm not saying that being slim has made me the happiest person on the planet but it has certainly made a lot of things easier mentally.
I'd argue that LL can help LL and should not be a reason not to do it. Maybe go and see another Dr for a second opinion?

nutty me

onwards and downwards
Hi, I suffer with depression and continue to take citalopram. It never came up as being a problem. I would ask what the reasoning behind it is.

Nutty

Hi I've had postnatal depression twice and now stay on a very low dose of fluoxetine as otherwise I get very anxious, and it wasn't a problem for me to join LL at all. Can you get a second opinion? FWIW I feel better on LL, doing something positive, for me, than I have done in years!