Depression Support Thread... ?

It's nice to speak to someone who understands. I m quite miserable at work then fine as soon as I leave lol. I get on with most people there but some of them are so ignorant and that annoys me.
At the moment my biggest problem is the tiredness, even talking to my doctor he's not given me any ideas of what I can do to help it. I'm sat here now thinking how much I'd love to go to bed right now but it's only 5pm.

I'm here for you Hun if you need a friend xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I have a wall that I put up .. And those that don't know me think I'm confident .. But I don't have the confidence that comes across .... I worry about everything I do abd what people are thinking about me .. I see all the young ones going out abd meeting fur lunch etc .. Abd I get jealous .. They are other groups that meet .. But I don't seem to belong to a group ... I go to work and seem to get on with people but don't have a sense of belonging with anyone :-(

Exercise actually really helps, is that a part if what you do? A head-clearing walk can be very meditative and helpful.

I have a wall that I put up .. And those that don't know me think I'm confident .. But I don't have the confidence that comes across .... I worry about everything I do abd what people are thinking about me .. I see all the young ones going out abd meeting fur lunch etc .. Abd I get jealous .. They are other groups that meet .. But I don't seem to belong to a group ... I go to work and seem to get on with people but don't have a sense of belonging with anyone :-(

I know exactly how you feel Hun. I may come across as quite confident to some but I am really nervous and shy around a lot of people.
I just noticed you only live in Burton too, I'm in derby so its not far at all. We deffo should think about maybe trying to help each other out and see if we can over come this together.
It's hard explaining to people how you feel etc who do not suffer with depression and anxiety.

Also the last few days I've suffered with really hot sweats at night. Woke up dripping in it and my skin feels soaked. My hubby has looked it up and he said its down to being worn out and when your anxiety is bad so he wants me to go to the doctors as my dosage nay need altering.

Has anyone else ever had this problem?
Ps don't forget to think about what I said about helping each other Hun. It would be great to meet someone on the same wave length xxx

I don't know the answer to that one ..!!

My poor family and friends suffer my depression really ... Not my work colleagues x
What do you do for work ..??
I'm an a/e nurse .. It's been busy so no time wallow anyway ...
Yes we could meet for coffee etc :)

I work in business travel booking hotels for business clients.
Do you enjoy your job? I imagine your days go quick being busy a lot of the time.

Im back on the diet now, doing Slimming World and get weighed tonight, last night i went to Aqua Fit too so feeling alot more refreshed now.

Well feel free to message me if you ever fancy meeting up sometime. xxx

I work in business travel booking hotels for business clients.
Do you enjoy your job? I imagine your days go quick being busy a lot of the time.

Im back on the diet now, doing Slimming World and get weighed tonight, last night i went to Aqua Fit too so feeling alot more refreshed now.

Well feel free to message me if you ever fancy meeting up sometime. xxx

I work 3 days a week. I have been nursing for 23 years and I love being a nurse ... However the politics stinks and it's that that makes most of us hate it ...
The shifts do go very quickly as we have been hurrendously and stressfully busy .!
I have three children 13, 10 and 9.
I'm not feeling too bad today so far .. But can feel myself getting worked up about going to work .. Going to do jillian michaels shred in a min. Weight loss is a big thing with me ... I hate myself and feel that if I was slimmer and prettier that people will accept me more .. I'm trying hard to get out of that way of thinking .!! I only have half to one stone to lose .!
Xx

I know exactly how you feel Hun. I may come across as quite confident to some but I am really nervous and shy around a lot of people.
I just noticed you only live in Burton too, I'm in derby so its not far at all. We deffo should think about maybe trying to help each other out and see if we can over come this together.
It's hard explaining to people how you feel etc who do not suffer with depression and anxiety.

Also the last few days I've suffered with really hot sweats at night. Woke up dripping in it and my skin feels soaked. My hubby has looked it up and he said its down to being worn out and when your anxiety is bad so he wants me to go to the doctors as my dosage nay need altering.

Has anyone else ever had this problem?
Ps don't forget to think about what I said about helping each other Hun. It would be great to meet someone on the same wave length xxx

Hi i wake up with hot sweats and cannot get back to sleep, i thought it was just a weird thing that i was going through. I also suffer with depression and anxiety, and didn't make the connection with the sleep issue.

Also Linski24 i can relate to your work issue as i also am described as loud and outgoing but am crippled with self doubt and low self esteem. I feel that all my colleagues are in groups and that i am on my own.

Hi i wake up with hot sweats and cannot get back to sleep, i thought it was just a weird thing that i was going through. I also suffer with depression and anxiety, and didn't make the connection with the sleep issue.

Also Linski24 i can relate to your work issue as i also am described as loud and outgoing but am crippled with self doubt and low self esteem. I feel that all my colleagues are in groups and that i am on my own.

Hi sweetly x
It's horrid isn't it ... I try and convince myself that it's good to separate work and social life ... But deep down I know I dont really feel this :-(
I'm sorry You feel crap .. We are here to listen t each other nd support . Xxx
lots if love x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Thanks Hun,
I know that it is probably me being paranoid, but it still feels horrid. Great to know that there are such great people on here for support.
Jo x x

At work when I had surgery on my neck for ?? Lymphoma (wasn't tho thankfully) I had no card mo phone calls no flowers etc .. A colleague had surgery for ? Tumour too and she had big collection for her etc .... Apparently mine wasn't as terrible as hers .. Hers wasn't cancer either thankfully but we had both through a mental wringer ...
No one gives me a thought when I walk of the doors . ..
So I know how you feel .. Thought bid share that with you ... X

Really feel bad today ... Had to push myself out of bed .. And strip them all and went supermarket .. But I just wanted to curl up in bed .. Avoided my friend in the playground because I feel she's fed up with me .. Feel like moons wants me and I'm alone ...

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can help my mum? She's a very intelligent lady who gave up work when I was 8 to take care of both of her parents who fell ill, one of whom she is still caring for. She has suffered from depression for as long as I can remember and eats as a means of comfort. we all love food in my family and its a very central part of family life. I still live at home and often get frustrated when my moms depression makes her angry and upset about her weight but then she doesn't seem to do anything about it! How can I help her lose weight and feel better about herself without her feeling like I'm telling her off or trying to control her? Thanks, J xx

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can help my mum? She's a very intelligent lady who gave up work when I was 8 to take care of both of her parents who fell ill, one of whom she is still caring for. She has suffered from depression for as long as I can remember and eats as a means of comfort. we all love food in my family and its a very central part of family life. I still live at home and often get frustrated when my moms depression makes her angry and upset about her weight but then she doesn't seem to do anything about it! How can I help her lose weight and feel better about herself without her feeling like I'm telling her off or trying to control her? Thanks, J xx

Hi sweety
I'm sorry fir your mum x
Unfortunately she had to figure these things out fur herself ... I think .. I'm no psychiatrist ..
Does she take anti depressants ..?? Does she do anything outside if the home .. An interest etc.?? That takes her away from the humdrum of normal life .. .??? It's that kind of thing I think that will make her feel a little happier and then maybe better in herself and want to make changes etc...
You could just try talking to her ..?? That might be difficult fir you though :-(
I'm might be talking through a hole in my head.. Spesg as I'm feeling very low myself at the mo x
Hope your mum gets sorted soon x

At work when I had surgery on my neck for ?? Lymphoma (wasn't tho thankfully) I had no card mo phone calls no flowers etc .. A colleague had surgery for ? Tumour too and she had big collection for her etc .... Apparently mine wasn't as terrible as hers .. Hers wasn't cancer either thankfully but we had both through a mental wringer ...
No one gives me a thought when I walk of the doors . ..
So I know how you feel .. Thought bid share that with you ... X

That is awful, do they not realise how this will make you feel. Ahh makes me so angry to think about it.

I know it is hard but i always think it is not them that matter but my family and my friends.

Keep your chin up and try to not let them get you down.
Jo x :)

Really feel bad today ... Had to push myself out of bed .. And strip them all and went supermarket .. But I just wanted to curl up in bed .. Avoided my friend in the playground because I feel she's fed up with me .. Feel like moons wants me and I'm alone ...

Ahh its an awful feeling when you feel you have to avoid someone, (have done it myself and then felt guilty for thr rest of the day) but you need to do what is right for you at the moment.

Hope you are feeling better soon.
Jo x

Back