Depression Support Thread... ?

I'm getting so upset about money - i.e. I have none, am in £500 from my uni overdraft that I'll start being charged for in June (although I think my Dad might be able to help me out with that)...I'm unemployable, have no work experience, and just feel like crap. I didn't get my degree in the end, so am looking for work to subsidise living and pay for an Open University degree (with a credit transfer from my degree already studied). I just feel awful right now. No jobs seem right for me, even if I was the most outgoing of people...although, then, I'd probably have graduated no problem. I need money to buy new bras and stuff, things I need to look presentable but I find I go through them quite quickly, and I feel awful asking my parents to buy me stuff as I really want to lose weight to help my self-esteem - it all just seems like a horrible circle.

:(

Now my boyfriend's said he might go for a job placement in Edinburgh, where I'm in London. I don't mind, and maybe I'll join him, but we've only been apart for 3 or so weeks, and I really miss him.

Not only that, but again not having any money is making losing weight hard...my parents don't really buy much fruit or veg, a lot of their diet still consists of red meat and potatoes/bread (even though they insist it's not as bad as it used to be). I don't know what to do to make myself a bit happier and comfortable about all of this. I'm currently sleeping on two mattresses on the floor because my bed is bust!

:/

I'm getting so upset about money - i.e. I have none, am in £500 from my uni overdraft that I'll start being charged for in June (although I think my Dad might be able to help me out with that)...I'm unemployable, have no work experience, and just feel like crap. I didn't get my degree in the end, so am looking for work to subsidise living and pay for an Open University degree (with a credit transfer from my degree already studied). I just feel awful right now. No jobs seem right for me, even if I was the most outgoing of people...although, then, I'd probably have graduated no problem. I need money to buy new bras and stuff, things I need to look presentable but I find I go through them quite quickly, and I feel awful asking my parents to buy me stuff as I really want to lose weight to help my self-esteem - it all just seems like a horrible circle.

:(

Now my boyfriend's said he might go for a job placement in Edinburgh, where I'm in London. I don't mind, and maybe I'll join him, but we've only been apart for 3 or so weeks, and I really miss him.

Not only that, but again not having any money is making losing weight hard...my parents don't really buy much fruit or veg, a lot of their diet still consists of red meat and potatoes/bread (even though they insist it's not as bad as it used to be). I don't know what to do to make myself a bit happier and comfortable about all of this. I'm currently sleeping on two mattresses on the floor because my bed is bust!

:/

Hiya Hun
Oh dear .. You are in a pickle .. I don't what the answer is really .. Your situation is making you depressed . You need lifestyle changes .. However difficult to do with no money and no inclination due to depression x
We are here to listen and be used as a battering ram xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

thought id post here. Had my second son on october 30th and have felt so down the last few months. I get snappy and angry for no reason. If my partner makes a noise I dont like I snap and shout at him, kids annoy me so much with their whining (its not their fault) the little one has had reflux since birth and is sick after every feed even with his medicine and gets up 11pm,1am,5am for bottles so im exhausted then the 2yr old wakes 530-6am and is a handful, Partner works 12 hrs shifts day and night so im on my own alot, wer low on money as hes studying as well as work so not got time or money to spend time together and its all getting to me. Last night the little one was screaming all night and when I fell asleep eventually I was just having nightmares about him screaming and getting hurt. I want to see my dr but scared to admit im not happy because then its like I cant cope. I always want the house tidy which is impossible with my 2 yr old son lol, dinner always ready for partner when he gets home, I try to fit in exercise and theres not enough hours or energy to do it all on 2-3 hours sleep a night! I also am low in self esteem and see myself as fat even though some times il catch a glimps in the mirror and think I look quite slim, or think my skin is terrible and need more make up,or that my partners going to find someone prettier. Its so many things. I Just want to be happy again but things I do to help help for a day then im unhappy again. Would asking for medicine from the dr help? Im just scared to admit im struggling and dont want to look like a failure, Im 22 with 2 kids and worried what i will look like for me

Hi sweety

You most definitely are not a failure ..!!! Lets get that straight right now :-D
There's nothing wrong in saying you're finding it difficult ..!! I had 3 under 5 at one point I know how hard it is ..!! No one will see you as failure ... You're kids won't get taken away .... Post natal depression is real and asking fir help is perfectly acceptable !!
Please seek help .!
The GP will ask questions that you scored on and depending on what the score is whether you are clinically depressed ..!!
But please don't suffer .! I think I was depressed for years with one thing and another .. Wished I'd sought help x
Good luck Luvvy .. Let us know how you get on x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back