Desperate - only lost 4lb in 2 weeks

cjc

Morning all, I'm very new to this and this is my first post ( hope it's on the right place ).

To get into a healthy BMI I have about 30lb to lose. I saw the wonderful losses on here and thought I would give it a try and be 100% dedicated until my holiday in June.

I am so disappointed. Week one I've lost 3lb and this week just 1lb. I have only 3 packs a day at least 2.5l of sparkling water plain, then earl grey black tea, maybe occasionally a bouillon or coke zero but nothing else at ALL. I can honestly say that no morsel of food/drink has touched my lips.

I am fairly active, walk almost every day and do BodyPump once a week.

I could just cry today, I was hoping for a better loss. I will keep going for another week and hope its better.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any kind words will be so appreciated right now. I'm only 5ft 2 so perhaps being smaller means I use fewer calories?

Thank you for reading x

Hi CJC, welcome to Exante. I think everyone loses weight at different rates so I wouldn't worry too much at the moment. I don't know what to suggest except stick to diet as you are and the weight will come off! Just a thought but why not try replacing the sparkling water with still, as I know the sparkling blows me up
and it may affect your loss???? It could just be your hormones or water retention (if you are near TOTM?) Hang in there, you are having minimal calories so the weight has to come off!
Good luck!
P.S don't forget to measure yourself as well as sometimes the weight is slow but the inch loss may be good!

Not so sure that u are allowed black tea, loss could be for different reasons. make sure you drink a lot of water and keep on keeping on. You will definately see a difference i.e clothes fitting better. dont give up.well done for sticking to it 100 percent, that a great accomplishment!

Thanks all for your comments. I know realistically that I have to lose weight if I eat fewer calories, I'm just disappointed that it's so slow for me.

I've just thought, I'm still breastfeeding my 10 mth old son. He doesn't have too much these days as he's on solids. I wonder if my weight fluctuates more with this? I was rather hoping it would help with the loss.

Anyway, perhaps next week will be my week. I will get the tape measure out tonight so I can keep a check on any losses there!

Hi there

Well done on being 100% Go you!!!

A couple of points though, Earl Grey has orange oil in it so the citric acid in that could be keeping you out of ketosis.

Also, if you are, like me, particularly sensitive to aspartame, the Coke Zero could be kicking you out of ketosis too. in the past, I've avoided the zero drinks until at least week 3 and only had them once or twice a week if that.

Try and avoid the Coke and the Earl Grey for a week, drink another 1/2 litre of water 9go for still, it's worth a shot) and then see what the scales show.

Good luck!

xxxx

Morning all, I'm very new to this and this is my first post ( hope it's on the right place ).

To get into a healthy BMI I have about 30lb to lose. I saw the wonderful losses on here and thought I would give it a try and be 100% dedicated until my holiday in June.

I am so disappointed. Week one I've lost 3lb and this week just 1lb. I have only 3 packs a day at least 2.5l of sparkling water plain, then earl grey black tea, maybe occasionally a bouillon or coke zero but nothing else at ALL. I can honestly say that no morsel of food/drink has touched my lips.

I am fairly active, walk almost every day and do BodyPump once a week.

I could just cry today, I was hoping for a better loss. I will keep going for another week and hope its better.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any kind words will be so appreciated right now. I'm only 5ft 2 so perhaps being smaller means I use fewer calories?

Thank you for reading x

Hey don't be disheartened, your weight loss is an achievement and lets face it better than a weight gain!

I've been fed up with slow weight loss in the pass and a friend put me straight in saying... If I continued to loose a 1 lb a week, in a one year that would add up to 52lbs 3 and half stone.

You may be building muscle, with doing body pump classes and muscle weighs more than fat. However muscle burns more calories. Just keep on track and you will get there.

Thank you for those ideas. I will give the tea and coke a miss and replace with yet more water .... When I'm being this strict I might as well give up the tea and coke lol x

showdolly said:
Not so sure that u are allowed black tea, loss could be for different reasons. make sure you drink a lot of water and keep on keeping on. You will definately see a difference i.e clothes fitting better. dont give up.well done for sticking to it 100 percent, that a great accomplishment!

You are allowed black tea

Lovelyjoolz said:
Hi there

Well done on being 100% Go you!!!

A couple of points though, Earl Grey has orange oil in it so the citric acid in that could be keeping you out of ketosis.

Also, if you are, like me, particularly sensitive to aspartame, the Coke Zero could be kicking you out of ketosis too. in the past, I've avoided the zero drinks until at least week 3 and only had them once or twice a week if that.

Try and avoid the Coke and the Earl Grey for a week, drink another 1/2 litre of water 9go for still, it's worth a shot) and then see what the scales show.

Good luck!

xxxx

Oh yes earl grey is a no no! Normal black tea is ok though x

Hi there!

Your height is a significant factor.

Your base metabolic rate is lower than others, so the calorie deficit is less and the weight loss correspondingly less.

Tough, I know - look at my losses!!! :D

Stick with it though, and it will work.

Slow and steady wins the race! :)

Darcy15 said:
Hi there!

Your base metabolic rate is lower than others, so the calorie deficit is less and the weight loss correspondingly less.

Yep us midgets lose slower sadly

Really hope u have a good week :0)

Darcy15 said:
Hi there!

Thanks for this, it has really helped to motivate me again x

I only drink black coffee , sparkiling water and the tesco strawberry still water . I dont like coke anyway , but when I had some on CD I found on those weeks I had loss of 1 or 2lbs. Everybody's different some can tolerate it, some cant .

Back