Desperate Restarter

Hi All! I am new to minimins and in desperate need of some support! I tried Liotrim some time ago but can not seem to be able to restart and stick to it! I am all set to go for tomorrow but have a long way to go. I know it wont be easy so any advice or encouragement would be very much appreciated! I have not weighed myself yet, but I know I am at my largest weight ever and definately over 15st7lb. Have always had a weight problem but the last few years it has really been out of hand. I over eat even though it makes me miserable and feel like food controls me rather myself being in control of the food. Anyone else have a similar problem?? Hope to hear from someone soon! Thanks for reading :eek:

Last edited:
Hi brummie delight you are most definately not alone with your problems or situation. You have made the hardest decision to start so come on this forum every spare chance you get throughout the day there is always someone available for advice support a moan or just a chat!!! i started weighing over 17 stone and that was my heaviest ever i am an emotional eater and do to my job i never ate three square meals a day lucky to have two!!! the first few days will be very hard but drink your water up to 4 litres if you can manage it??? and keep busy!! good luck with your first day and first week the weeks fly by with every weigh in i didn't think i'd last two days let alone be on week 12 weigh in tomorrow!! xx:)

That sounds just like me - and probably lots of us on Lipotrim. In order for it to work though you must have your head in the right place. You have to accept that you are taking a holiday from food - that is, you will have NO food, just the shakes/soup/flapjacks that your pharmacist gives you to keep you healthy. If you can accept that, and feel strong enough to say no to any temptation then LT will get you where you want to be weight wise.

It is important to plan how you will face food when the time comes. I have lost weight on other diets but put all the weight back on because I've never really re-trained myself as to the difference between hunger and wanting to eat. I am determined this time though.

Think really carefully - it's hard, and you can blow all the effort so easily, so you need to be prepared for a week of feeling pretty grim, then a week or two of moodiness. During that time though you'll lose loads of weight which should encourage you to keep going. Get your head around your food demons and face them!!

Good luck

Jon
xx

hey hun, good luck with getting started. when i started i hated it but just looked at it like its only a few months out of my life so got on with it. now im almost at target 8wks later.

every1 on here is so supportive so come on here wheneva u need any help or encouragement.

take it ur from brum? where abouts?

x x

I'm blushing now!
I do feel enthusiastic about it though - it has made me feel better than I have for years.

Jon
xx

Brummie, my advice is to make small goals, rather than just striving for the one huge goal! I have a habit of looking at the "big picture" and when it seems to difficult to attain, I give up...this time I've set my self a few small goals to achieve, along the way, got the idea from some of these lovely girls on here who've inspired me! Its working out great, so I'd advise you to give it a try...put 'em in your signature, best of luck...keep coming here its a great support x

Hi, I have started and failed LT 3 times before always on day 4, but this time I had this forum and It has made all the difference. Every time I have felt like giving up I have signed on here and everyones support and reading everyones weight loss has got me through. It has been hard, I'm on day 10 now and it is getting easier and I can feel the difference In my clothes and that feels GREAT!!!

Keep posting on here and look forward and imagine how much lighter you will be at christmas, also dont think you can cheat and then get back on it cos for me thats when I failed before. I tell myself that if I have that 1 little cheat then thats it , the diet is over, For me its all or nothing and I cant lose weight any other way so I'v got to stick to it.

Good luck to you and I'll be looking out for your posts xxx

I tink this diet sounds perfect for you. Most if not all of us needed a holiday from food it seems to cloud so many tings without you ever realising it. It is an amazing diet but extremely hard and shud not be taken for granted. Which im sure you wont. This forum is a lifeline it gets you through the hard times and its so nice to have people who understand what you are goin threw.

Good Luck with your first week and just keep your first weigh in in mind. Small goals are definitely the right way to go it can get daunting wen you look to far ahead. :)

Welcome to the LT forum. I just want to endorse everything everyone has said. This is a tough diet but once you get used to it it becomes a way of life. The results are great. Remember it is not a quick fix, you must ask yourself why you eat the way you do and address the issues that cause you to overeat. You will find some good threads on here about the reasons people have gotten to the weight they are.
While you will lose the weight on this diet, the job really starts when you refeed as the challenge will be maintaining your loss. This is the challenge we all face and perhaps with each others support we will succeed. Hop on here anytime you feel low or just need to rant about anything.

Back