Determinator is Determined to get to goal :)

my little dude has problems in the poo department. he throws up when it's really bad. sometimes there's blood too. bless them, our little babies. he's 22 months old soon. i give him lactulose and senna. pure orange juice and loads to drink if he's not been often. also weetabix helps him too.

weighty leftovers....

i have this problem. i've had 2 sections and with me being so overweight for most of my life i've horrible excess skin. i don't know about you but i always need to move my leg and arm skin around when i shave. i'm thinking of going to the docs about my bra bulge cause this is bad. i often catch zips in it, it really flaming hurts. :(:( so i feel your pain here. i do wear regular cossies when swimming but have you thought about wearing a sarong thing over a normal swimmy?

my little dude has problems in the poo department. he throws up when it's really bad. sometimes there's blood too. bless them, our little babies. he's 22 months old soon. i give him lactulose and senna. pure orange juice and loads to drink if he's not been often. also weetabix helps him too.

weighty leftovers....

i have this problem. i've had 2 sections and with me being so overweight for most of my life i've horrible excess skin. i don't know about you but i always need to move my leg and arm skin around when i shave. i'm thinking of going to the docs about my bra bulge cause this is bad. i often catch zips in it, it really flaming hurts. :(:( so i feel your pain here. i do wear regular cossies when swimming but have you thought about wearing a sarong thing over a normal swimmy?
hey , yeah I gave her some lactulose last night and again this morning and after she managed ( somehow) to pass the initial blockage she has had a good old clear out .. my DD1 had this problem right from a week old and still does at 4 , but Abbie has always been on the softer side of noirmal till this week for some reason ..hmmmm

as for the skin .. yeah I have been overweight since I was 7 or 8 and 2 children , 1 a c section and then loosing nealry 8 stone ... not good !!!
My arms arent too bad , its mainly insides of thighs and my dough flap ( stomach ) , I know they say it can take up to 18 months for skin to catch up with rapid weight loss , and I am going to do every toning exercise possible , I know I will never have a wash board stomach (dont want one ) , if it doesnt improve enough I will seriously consider surgery as I didnt loose all thsi weight to be self conscious about myself ...

Hi GT and Katie -- If there is a medical reason for the excess skin to be removed (infections, catching, etc.) then the NHS will usually do this surgery. It is certainly worth talking to your GP and pushing for a surgical referral.

I know a woman who had a gastric band, then TT on the NHS, and now because there is still some skin that rubs from her jeans zip, so they are going to refashion the TT and give her lipo to remove her love handles!

MM

Monday 14th Feb .... amazing day :D

well today is an amzing day , I lost 8lb at weigh in , taking me to 10 stone 12 .... I have not been in the 10's since I was at primary school , and never ever ever thought I would see anywhere near it as an adult ...... I dont know how to put into words how this feels ...... I am stunned

That's amazing!!! What a journey you have had! It must be pretty surreal to see yourself now, after being overweight! I can't begin to imagine myself even in the 12 stone bracket!!! Well done, you are a true inspiration! Xx

Wow -- Congrats Katie. Well done!

Sunday 20th Feb .... all went wrong :(

Well after the great week and weight loss last week and the amazing feeling of getting into the 10's .. I am back out of it again and had an aweful week :cry::cry:
Monday night , valentines day , so we decided to have a chinese .. ok no problem , I love omelettes from the chinese and not too far out of 810 plans .... our regular takeaway was shut so we ordered from another one ... and it was terrible ... the omelette was totally inebible .. I was so upset as had looked forward to it for so long .. and was starving too ..... so hubbys chicken balls and chips , then a bowl of cereal .. and then my nemesis ... biscuits :mad:

this lead to me eating all day tuesday too , cereal , biscuits , fish finger sandwiches ... grrrrr , but I pulled it back and back on track on wed ..... only to loose it again on friday night .....so my scales show a 8 lb gain ..... :cry: I have weigh in at 9.30 in the morning , and its after I work the night shift tonight , so was gonna be higher than usual anyway .. but i am sooo disappointed in myslef yet AGAIN :(

Ooo well , nothing I can do about it now , I have my gym induction on wednesday so have to go back onto 810 tomorrow , then 1000 the following week ..... I do need to tone up as I loose this last stone or so ...

hey hun, i know you are beating yourself up right about now, but lets just face the sts or gain (or if you are lucky a loss) take it on the chin, and then get back into it this week. as you say there isnt anything you can do about it now, but there is something you can do from now on.

take it easy at the gym, but make sure you still get that hardcore training in too, and im sure you will tone up in no time!!!

good luck this week...
we are both gonna need it!

you can do it. brush this week off. i've had a tough time too. curry takeout on the monday and some of hubby's chocs. i've been fighting back all week. picking but not binging. however, it hit me on thursday or friday and i had a massive choc need. so i snacked on a few smarties and a mini milkybar. i wanted to eat more and go for it but i decided not to. it's hard when you get off your plan. it's a clawing job at the cliffs edge. trying to get up again and not slide further down.

i've been cooking flapjacks for my hubby and kids plus my mum likes them too and i've had half of one a few times too. thing is i get mega guilty. i take one and then fling the half to the dog. today i've had to throw some good cheesy buns out, nothing wrong with them but i knew that i would eat one. i picked at one so threw it out. i can't be trusted, i really can't. however, the difference is that we take note of what we are eating. you may have a gain but you know why. you live to fight on. before i would have just carried on scoffing the biscuits and not even taken a guess at how many cals i'd eaten. now i have about 4 and think OMG that could have been a meal. i could have had an extra CD sachet or bar.

How did you get on huni ? xx please don't beat yourself up you've done soooooo well xx

how did you get on? i lost 1.5lb but it's been a massive struggle to do this. i've had 2 weeks before that of putting on and going from 11st 1.5lb to 11st 5lb ouch! now i'm 11st 3.5lb. still 2lbs up from my lowest ever though.

Monday 21st Feb ...weigh in ...

well I gained 3 lb ... much better than expected and especially as I had been working all night , I normally stop drinking at 10 pm on sunday night and dont let anything pass my lips till after weigh in .. but I was drinking all night and had a bar at 4am ..... I can weigh 3-4 lb more in an evening so 3lb gain is pretty good ......

my CDC shouted at me :cry: which isnt a bad thing really as my first thoughts when I am tempted to cheat are what she will say and how disappointed she will be ( and me too !!!) so its good really ......

I am back on 810 today , really enjoyed my stuffed mushrooms , and have my gym induction on wed ... I am starting 1000 next monday after a full week of 100 % 810 ( I WILL do it ) , which i am really looking forward to , it will be great to eat 'normally' again , 1000 looks a good plan and then hopefully 2 weeks of that and I will be 1200 ...... I need to tone this saggy bits as I go now .... COME ON !!!

I am back at work tonight , then have my smear in the morning ( :( ) I have to have one every 6 months as I have borderline changes tat could go either way ... so I am not looking forward to that !! so then only 2 hours sleep as my parents who have the kids when I sleep have a funeral ... so gonna be tired tomorrow :(

i can't believe your CDC shouted at you! 3lbs isn't bad at all. i've put on 3lbs in one week before. it easily done.

Hun, I don't think that they should have shouted at you, but if you think it will help...

I hope you are not too tired tomorrow, and good luck with the smear....

Chin up hun, you can do this

Hey chick!

Hope you are having a good day! How's it going?

NN
X

hope you are feeling ok and are back on track. you're doing so well that a 3lb gain will be off you this week i'm sure of it. :)

Wednesday 23rd Feb

Morning :D

well still being good and been 100 % on 810 since saturday now :D

I am taking the kids to a soft plan this morning , in half term ... must be mad ..... then going into town t get a sweat top for my gym induction this evening ....... I have been reading up on the 1000 plan as I start next week and its not very clear to follow .... I have asked in the 1000 - miantainence page but only had a few replies ... unfriendly lot !!!! I am looking forward to having 3 proper meals and 2 products , I just hope I can keep the control as I guess its easier to add the odd naughty ......... but I am totally determined to get to goal .... I have lost a lb of the gain and now have exactly 14 lb to go ....... I WILL get there before easter and be able to treat myself to a little easter egg ...... the pancakes will have to wait this year though :cry:

she shouted at you ???? thats not right hun surely xx I bet you'll lose all that and more next week x

Hi Katie,

I know I have posted this kind of thing on the CD forum in a few places -- but have you looked at Rosemary Conley? I think that their diet and fitness classes might for you. They are running a special right now -- (I think they always are) and you can join, get the portion pots (key for me -- as portion control is a weakness), magic measure, and diet books.

The RC plan is a couple of days on 1,000 cals (to decarb/detox), then you go up to 1,200 for three weeks, then your RC Instructor uses a formula based on height/weight/age to calculate what your daily intake should be for losing, maintaining, etc.

I have read all the booklets (and recipes and even made some -- very good according to DH), and if you go with the lower carb options it is very similar to the South Beach Diet (which was developed by a physician not for weight loss but for good health... weight loss was a "bonus").

Anyway, I am pretty sure that RC/SB is what I will use for maintenance -- and I am going to go to the RC class because I like the Zumba and I know that I need to be weighed and held accountable... or I'll just live in denial and start to regain. (Been there, done that.)

Good Luck with whatever you chose to do -- you have done so well to lose the weight and certainly have been very committed to maintaining your losses. Inspirational, you are!

MM

wow!! You are an inspiration to me, so much will power!!! You have lost 108 pounds!! I will definitely continue with CD now, even though it seems so hard!!
Well done to you!!!!!! :)

Back