Determinator is Determined to get to goal :)

I am hating eating again :( I am totally gutted that I have had to come off CD when I had got back into it so well .. I could have been at goal in 3 or 4 weeks if I had been able to stay on CD ... I have been eating again for 5 days or so and have gained 5 lb in carb and water weight :( I am hoping that SW will help me shift a little of it but i am feeling very fed up and just want this operation out of the way so I can get back on CD and get thin !!!!!!

Oh how crappy for you. You had done so well and it must feel like you are going backwards but hopefully that few lbs is just your body processing the new food.
I'm sure it isn't proper weight gain, not that quickly.
Could you keep your diet quite low in carbs with more protein (without getting into ketosis) ?
I know you want to reach goal quickly but your health takes priority, and at least you know CD works and will get you to goal once you are healthy again.
Keep your chin up, 6 weeks will pass in no time :)
Let us know how you get on and I'll be thinking of you
xxx

Hope the operation goes well and you will be back on CD in no time.

hope the op goes well. you really are a determined determinator arent you?!! i want to go onto SW but am too scared to at the moment. wish i was as decisive as you. well done for making the change and dont worry about any gains in the first week. you know from experience that itll all balance out. keep posting as i for one will be following you all the way!

Right here I am . back again :) My op went well and its nearly 4 weeks ago so I am starting CD again today :)

I have gained 1 stone ,which I was expecting really , I have followed SW but also had a fair few naughties , and lets just say 14lb is not too bad ....

I have decided to change my goal , so I now have 2 stone 10 I would like to loose .. although I am going to stop before christmas .

So here I am day 1 for the 3rd time .. and I am positive as always , i KNOW I can do it , I KNOW it gets easier in a week or so .. and I KNOW it works a dream:)
so I am 700 mls of water down so far .. and saving my 1st shake for lunch :) I will be having 3 mint choc shakes today , and I am due to go and see my new CDC next monday .

Everyone please wish me luck :)

welcome back!!! nothing can stop you now, right!

day 1 going great so far , 2 litres of water down .. 1 shake down and 2 to go :) another great thing about CD is what it does to my house .. its only day 1 and my kitchen is already fully rearranged and cleaned ... utility room tomorrow .... just put the kids and hubbies tea on .. smells good .. but so will my mint choc shake :)

i agree!! i was packing away my kids summer shorts and t shirts at 8am this morning and that job has been hanging around for weeks!!! good luck for this week.

DAY 2

morning :) well after me rearranging the kithcen yesterday I got up this morning and tried to warm the kids milk up in the bread bin ... lol

I have a few rumbling in my tummy this morning but feeling ok , I have 2 litres of orangey water in the fridge and 2 plain water so all set .....

I am off out this morning to find some green tea capsules as recommended by Kes to keep me 'regular ' and then this afternoon I have an informal job interveiw .. which I am very excited about :)

I had a bit of a shock this morning , i am a twice daily weigher .. yes yes I know some people say you shouldnt .. but I have always found it very positive... if the results are good then I am really motivated .. if they are bad then I am made more determined to do better ... but this morning , on my very reliable scales ... it shows a 6 lb loss since yesterday .. WOW ... I always have big losses my first week but thats mad .... i was eating a lot of carbs as i was on SW and ate loads of pasta etc ... so I must retain LOADS of water ... so I am now really looking forward to WI next week :)

Hope evryone else has a good day :)

Let me know about the green tea capsules as I am suffering with constipation ATM!

didnt manage to get any today as my local boots doesnt stock them so gonna have to take a special trip some time . I got some movicol instead , as i really do suffer and movicol is effective but gentle if you use it properly , so gonna start off with 1 sachet every other day and see if it suits me ....

Its been a tough morning ... to go to boots I have to go past Subway , and OMG the smell was amazing ... I love subway and my poor tummy started growling like a rabid dog and my mouth was watering so much .... but I resisted , also resisted cheesy crumpets I made for the kids lunch , and my 16 month old trying to force feed me magic stars !!!!!!

I have an informal job interview this afternoon ... I have no idea what I am going to wear .. and I am a little nervous as it would be a great job to have at the moment ...... wish me luck :)

well not a bad day . Had a job interview which went well and I got the job but am now wondering if its what i really want ?? I am a staff nurse on an acute medical ward at the moment , and hate it . I hate the way nursing is now more about politic and paperwork than patient care , and I hate the way some doctors talk to the staff and patients ...
the interview was in a nursing home for nights ... now I worked in a nursing home for 7 years before I trained as a nurse and loved it , and its proper patient care which is what i want ... just so unsure .
I have 2 young children and at the moment my main job is being a mummy and I only do 2 days a week really to keep my registration up ... I actually want to retrain as a health visiter in the future and the new job would be more relaxed and far less stressful , but I also dont want to loose my skills .. oh I am useless at decisions !!!

Anyway .. CD ...... I am on day 2 ..survived walking past subway ( yum) and buying the family and watching them eat .. a McDonalds !!! I felt very hungry tonight , so instead of a shake I had a bar .. I know I shouldnt .. but I had bars from day 1 last time and got into ketosis on day 4 .. and I choose the peanut one which is not so high in carbs .... it was lovely , I chopped it up small and it lasted ages :)

Should be a good day tomorrow , taking the kids to playgroup in the morning then mog round the charity shops , then maybe more house cleaning !! It was soo funny this morning , as I rearranged all my kitchen .. I actually tried to warm the girls milk up in the bread bin LOL

I had to laugh at putting the milk in the bread bin! I opened the fridge last night and went to put the iron in!! I thought I had picked up the milk:eek:

I really have to take my hat off to you ladies that have families to cook for, that really must take some doing.. cheesy crumpets, oh.. agony.. :eek:

Good luck for day 3 and enjoy your day. Congratulations on getting the job I'm sure you will come to the right decision and decide what's best for you.

he heeeee, i chop up my bars really small to eek them out.
I love them.
I can't wait to see your weigh in for next week.....im betting 12lbs on you xx

I lost 12 lb the first week on my first TFR diet, then 9lb the 2nd .. so who knows !! although according to my scales .. I have now lost 8 lb since monday !!!!:eek:

I have a bit of a headache this morning , day 3 tends to be the tougest ... I normally go into ketosis on day 4 .. so I will hold out for that and look forward to all the energy :)

With you on the headache! Feel rubbish, but I just keep thinking of all the times I stuffed myself with food and felt awful! At least we feel terrible but there's a good ending to it!
You're doing well, keep going!xx

thanks everyone , feeling really ropey today , headache gone but feel very weak and generally rubbish . However my breath is getting aa definate wiff and I am getting colder by the minute so I am pretty sure ketosis will be my friend in the morning , bring on all the energy it normally gives me :)

Back