Determined this time !!!

Chrissy72

Hi. I'm new to this site - maybe if I'd found it before I wouldn't be where I am today! That is, 250 lbs (a record even for me). I was prescribed Xenical on Friday after realising that I have stopped going out with my friends and only go out of the house to go to work (where I sit down all day) or go food shopping.
I have started taking tablets today and, after reading lots of advise on here, have not had any side effects yet.
Am I right in thinking that as long as I follow a low fat diet there shouldn't really be many side effects?
It's really good to know there are others who seem to feel exactly the same way :)

Welcome. If you follow the rules no more than 5g/100g fat in any food and no more than 15g fat per meal (45g per day) you should 't have a visit from Mr tango. Although everyone is different in what they can eat with or without a problem. Good luck and keep posting.

Hello & welcome. Can only agree with info above. So far (she says touching wood) no bad side effects & a decent loss for me sticking to the rules. Good Luck with your journey xx

Good luck! Xenical does help when used properly. I felt cocky one day and ate a massive Chinese meal. Boy, did I pay for that one! Wishing you all the very best :)

Thanks for your kind words of encouragement xxx
My 2nd day has also gone off without a hitch - but I have only eaten:
Bran flakes & semi skimmed milk
Quorn with salad
Chicken, boiled potatoes & veg
Is it normal to be scared to eat just in case? I know I should eat more but don't want side effects - especially when at work!
:confused:

Yes, Chrissy, that's normal. You'll learn quickly what suits you and what doesn't but that's the joy of Xenical, it keeps you on the straight and narrow. Well done so far, you doing great,

KB x

Chrissy72 said:
Thanks for your kind words of encouragement xxx
My 2nd day has also gone off without a hitch - but I have only eaten:
Bran flakes & semi skimmed milk
Quorn with salad
Chicken, boiled potatoes & veg
Is it normal to be scared to eat just in case? I know I should eat more but don't want side effects - especially when at work!
:confused:

I'm still scared to try new things, if I do I make sure it's when I'm gonna be at home so if it affects me I'll be near the loo! I'd say of you stay within the rules you'll be ok, even WW sausage & asda GFY oven chips are ok & feel naughty. Just do what I do & take three times as long doing your shopping by looking at all the nutritional values. Xx

Fourth day and all is well !!!
Just had co-op healthier choice tomato & three bean soup for lunch and it's lovely - said it serves 2 on the tin but I ate it all!!! Has a kind of chilli consistency so am going to try it with rice as an evening meal one night.
Hope everyone is having a good day xxx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Hopefully we have found something that will work! When's your first weigh in? xxx

My doctor doesn't want to see me for weigh in until 3 February but I can't wait that long! I have electric scales which seem accurate so I'm going to have my own weekly weigh in every Friday morning.

Yeah seen loads of people on here say that. That's why I picked Friday mornings for my own weigh in so when it gets to 3 Feb I can weigh myself at home then go to docs at 8.30 and I will know what the difference is. They also weigh in kilos but I have never done that - always been stones.
I have found that going on here at night stops me thinking about food !!! xxx

I did the same, weighed in on mine as soon as I was home from docs with prescription & they were almost identical & there is only 0.2kg difference in what I'm meant to have lost.... I had also always weighed in stone but decided new life new way of weighing so I weigh in kg now & also it sounds less to lose lol x

I was quite excited the other day when I worked out what it was in stone I how weighed cos it's the first time I'd done it. I am only 4lbs away from being 15 stone something which I've not seen for 5 years I reckon it must be x

First weigh-in this morning and lost 9lbs in my first week. Just shows how much c**p I was eating before.
Obviously I know it won't be this every week but it's a good start. I am going to try new foods this week as I have been playing it very safe up to now :)

Chrissy72 said:
First weigh-in this morning and lost 9lbs in my first week. Just shows how much c**p I was eating before.
Obviously I know it won't be this every week but it's a good start. I am going to try new foods this week as I have been playing it very safe up to now :)

Amazing first week!!!!! Keep it going xx

Lexie2005 said:
Why don't you join the Easter challenge, you'll already have a 9lbs start xx

Great idea. Could you put me down for 28lbs from start less the 9lbs this week so 19 to go. Hopefully achievable xxx

Chrissy72 said:
Great idea. Could you put me down for 28lbs from start less the 9lbs this week so 19 to go. Hopefully achievable xxx

Will log on to laptop & do it now love x

Back