Detoxing with SnS

Day 13 and I'm still going! Just been hectic since I got back to London this week and a bit disorganised. No sneak weigh this week and my salad protein portions have been bigger and I've had the extra pack. Not sure why I've felt I've needed it but one minute the hunger wasn't there (ketosis) then suddenly I feel hunger pangs and rather than risk falling completely off the extra pack or salad seems to have kept me on an even keel. I think I'd find it hard to do vlcd absolutely 100% again though Sometimes I can. Hope to catch up with all soon.

Wahaaayy u gooo hun :) day 13 well done plz plz throw me some of ur motivation my way i keep messsing up :( ur doing amazing hun :) well happy for u keep going!! :) xx

I think extra protein and salad is much better than pure VLCD when we don't have a great deal to lose x

Day 13 almost done! I can't believe I have not weighed yet! I'm a serial daily weigher especially when I'm doing a vlcd even tweaked! I'm hoping I can wait until Saturday although I won't be able to post result until Sunday night as I hVe a couple of friends stying I will pot t my leisure once they've left Sunday.

Kind of feeling lighter though cloathe don't feel the much looser but they're certainky not tight anymore just comfortable.

Do you feel better for it(not weighing)? I really find I do. I last weighed 1 nov, won't guarantee it but might wait until 30nov xx keep it up you're sounding mighty positive

Not sure I feel better I just feel a bit antsy not weighing? Does that make sense? Feel more impatient which makes me anxious but because I've been so busy at work my routine is out of kilter for weighing at my set time in morning. I doubt I can wait until end November! That would be pushing my luck!

Kira your doing fab as always. I know what it's like revisiting the scales but its often worth it to see a nice drop. Hope you had a fab time with your friends staying over :)

Hello lovelies! Very busy weekend! Lots and lots of walking!

Weigh day on Saturday was a 2lb loss and happy with that although I suspect if I hadn't have had friday 'off' I'd have possibly shown a 3lb loss? Friday I had dinner out low carbs and one g&t so pretty good going. Saturday again involved eating out and being sensible and not over indulfin but also not dieting. Today had a slightly more indulgent day as had lunch at the Oblix restaurant in the Shard and food wad divine! I won't go into what I had given this is a vlcd thread! Reallt would recommend it though it was foggy day so view wasn't as good as it wouldve been on a clear day.

straight back on plan tomorrow and hoping to get through rest of month with no off plan days.

Hello lovelies! Very busy weekend! Lots and lots of walking!

Weigh day on Saturday was a 2lb loss and happy with that although I suspect if I hadn't have had friday 'off' I'd have possibly shown a 3lb loss? Friday I had dinner out low carbs and one g&t so pretty good going. Saturday again involved eating out and being sensible and not over indulfin but also not dieting. Today had a slightly more indulgent day as had lunch at the Oblix restaurant in the Shard and food wad divine! I won't go into what I had given this is a vlcd thread! Reallt would recommend it though it was foggy day so view wasn't as good as it wouldve been on a clear day.

straight back on plan tomorrow and hoping to get through rest of month with no off plan days.

Sounds like a FAB weekend, -2 lb is a good loss when you don't have a lot to go :)
I've not been in the shard, must make the effort on my next visit to London. Very well done on just having the 1G&T, I'm never that restrained :) here's to another fab week x x x

He!hee! Only the on on Friday but wine was involved on Saturday! I will stick to my weigh day being Saturday though it will be a different day as I'm back up north this weekend so will weigh Tuesday. That way I won't be deterred by the glycogen gain that is bound to show especially if I weighed today!

Think today will go one way or the other relatively easy or hard going! Will just have to keep very busy throughout the day and that's easily done but the evening may be trickier so will have to brace myself.

He!hee! Only the on on Friday but wine was involved on Saturday! I will stick to my weigh day being Saturday though it will be a different day as I'm back up north this weekend so will weigh Tuesday. That way I won't be deterred by the glycogen gain that is bound to show especially if I weighed today! Think today will go one way or the other relatively easy or hard going! Will just have to keep very busy throughout the day and that's easily done but the evening may be trickier so will have to brace myself.

Days of getting straight back on it can be tricky, I'm not going to tell you how to suck eggs as you know what your doing but I break the day up into small sections and mentally tick off each small part, before you know it the day will be done :)

Hi Kira,

Just read through your new diary.
I am so glad to read your youngest DS is doing well.
Is the older one doing his last year of A Levels?
How are your boys managing with you away? I hope when you have your weekends home you aren't doing laundry and housework (with mine I would be).
How do you like this job? No crazy co-workers this time? ;)

You've been doing fab with the sticking yo your VLCD and getting right back on plan after breaks. I'm impressed.

I think the CWP now has meals not just soups, shakes and porridges. You could contact a local CWPC and tell her you are interested in buying tetras for a single daily meal replacements to help with weight management - and just purchase a months' supply. Then you could see her once a month, get weighed or not and get tetras.

I know people say to not mix and match VLCDs - but lots of people do it and it seems to work fine.

Do you read, work, knit, etc. on your long train rides?

Mel! Lovely to hear from you! It's just been hectic since arriving in London 3 months ago today! I read on the way back north and of course always have my iPad to log onto minis! I find going home takes longer even though I get the fast train on Fridays! Coming back to London is the express and takes2 hrs 35 ish I think and I try and can first class as I go straight to work and usually do some work on the way down so isn't bad:)

yes younesgt touch ouch wood has settled into boarding so,so far so good! Eldest is in his last year of A levels and just got report which isn't good so DH needs to have words. His work is either good or poor so a bit lacking in consistency. I try to keep on top of him but DH needs to be more communicative with him as he's physically there with him. Face time is good but not the same!

as for weekends it took a while to adjust and I let DH do everything! It was like being a visitor! However I do some chores but I take the view that DH gave the green light to do this London thing so he has to be self sufficient in the house! Sounds like fun living in two places, sort of his but at the same time it's not if that makes sense?

work is good and no nutter woman like last time!

diet wise- eurgh! I think I may need dulcolax or more water!

Morning Kira,

I think it's amazing that you made the leap - I guess DS2's need to move worked out for you. It is too bad that you had to go so far from home to find suitable employment - but it must be nice to have something for yourself. Do you have time to "gym it" whilst you're there? You seemed to do much better with maintaining your weight loss when you were building muscle.

Why not try blending a little fruit into your VLCD shakes or adding some of the fiber. I think the all liquid diet makes for a sluggish digestive system.

Can you set an alarm on your phone to remind you to drink 250ml of water every hour? That might help you get your water in.

Gosh can't beileve its so late. Managed more water today. It's not that I forget the water it's just what I have on in the day that determines if I can drink it as I need access to the loo so frequently!

a busy day so no issues with sticking to four packs. Feel tmrw may be harder though as quiet day in terms of number of meetings.

Gosh can't beileve its so late. Managed more water today. It's not that I forget the water it's just what I have on in the day that determines if I can drink it as I need access to the loo so frequently!

a busy day so no issues with sticking to four packs. Feel tmrw may be harder though as quiet day in terms of number of meetings.

Kira your doing great, I fully agree on the water front . . . . Today I've managed 4.5 litres but on busy work days I can sometimes only manage 3 and if I'm out and about its even worse as I do also worry about getting to a WC oh the joys :)

You will be fine tomorrow, x x x

Back