Detoxing with SnS

So drugged up with paracetamol and ibuprofen (de died wasn't a good idea to take naproxen too!) hate taken pills unless I as have to.

2015 re-start on detox didn't really start off well - so re-take of day 1 tomorrow. Throat feels a little better have gargled with antiseptic mouthwash stuff so hopefully will help. Can't afford to be ill as too busy work wise and the lull of the festive period is over.

Disappointgly haven't managed to get appointment with LB at Dual Dynamics for CWP and I imagine it's because he's fully booked. So I'm going to stick with SNS for now and if I get an appointment with CWP i may switch over. I was just thinking I needed more support but I know the real support is here.

I am am looking forward to committing myself to 100 days of focus. I a reminder to myself is I've done this before I will do it again.

Here we go! Sore throat or not I'm doing this

Re-take Day 1 weigh 10.6.0 (again). Took my measurements but aiming to get my tight size 14s to feel loose and actually fit into the size 14 I can't do up! Ridiculous as they are both M&S jeans one denim the other black?'

I'm back the dieting game despite feeling under the weather I'm not going to make any more excuses.

Goal (this time) is 8st and it's what The CWP consultant told me. In theist I've set 8st 7 and got there but never fully reached my ultimate goal and settled for halfway.

Whilst I feel rotten I'm determined to try and remain positive, I think the detox from the alcohol over the past few weeks caused me to sleep badly. The body get so accustomed to having alchohol in the bloodstream and Its scary that one can easily get so addicted that it's difficult to stop.

Welcome back kira! You'll do it, no probs. best time of year to restart with all the support. Xxx

Happy New Year!

Well done for not letting feeling poorly stop you from getting on plan.
You know you can do this and how to make it work.

Awh! And happy new year to you too Mel! I must try and drop by and see how you are doing:) It just been hectic since being in London and going back up north at weekends and the stress of new job, schools for DS2 and move south for me just led me to not to really fully commit to losing weight and without full commitment to either weightloss or maintenance I always fail at both.

So day 1 has gone well although I've not actually stuck to plan - I've had no packs yet as I just can't seem to swallow and felt a little sick throughout the day. I've managed to have hot water and two small cups of coffee this morning but that about it. I may see if I can have something later but right now don't feel like having anything. I could easily go to bed now without having anything.

So drugged up with paracetamol and ibuprofen (de died wasn't a good idea to take naproxen too!) hate taken pills unless I as have to.

2015 re-start on detox didn't really start off well - so re-take of day 1 tomorrow. Throat feels a little better have gargled with antiseptic mouthwash stuff so hopefully will help. Can't afford to be ill as too busy work wise and the lull of the festive period is over.

Disappointgly haven't managed to get appointment with LB at Dual Dynamics for CWP and I imagine it's because he's fully booked. So I'm going to stick with SNS for now and if I get an appointment with CWP i may switch over. I was just thinking I needed more support but I know the real support is here.

I am am looking forward to committing myself to 100 days of focus. I a reminder to myself is I've done this before I will do it again.

Dual Dynamics have lots of praise on various Internet sites at the moment, as you know the 100 day challenge starts soon.
I hadn't heard of them until this week but would imagine they are manic at the moment.

You know as you have already said no matter which VLCD you do the losses will be similar and you will be back in The Zone very very soon.
Kira you are one of the most dedicated people on these boards and you will be fine. hope you feel better soon x x

i guess I'm dedicated to keep trying even though I sometimes go one step forward and two back along the way! Your post brought a smile to my face despite feeling under the weather with this sore throat and ears & runny nose - I don't do colds, rarely have them! I'm more prone to injuries! Lol!

day 2 weigh 10.5.2 yes back to my daily weigh mantra :) with festive season completely gone I think I'll get nicely back to my little routines that kept me going in the past.

Hey hun happy new yr n hope u had a lovely xmas too :) u can do this ur very determined n focused n wil b bk in the nines in no time hun :) hope u have a fab day :) x

Evening lovely ladies! I know I've said it before but I really do want this to be the last time I have to resort to vlcd for several weeks to regain control of size and weight. I'm disgusted at myself for allowing myself get back into the 10's again but I am where and I am.

Day 2 has passed without hunger pangs or feeling deprived of temptation and it's probably down to feeling under the weather and lack of appetite. I've had two packs today and wil try and drink more water before bedtime - which will be an early night with iPad in bed! bu which I can say 2 days done and 98 to go!

Evening Kira,

Sorry you're unwell - but I'm glad you've not allowed it to stifle your motivation.

Manged to get to sleep again though felt awful having to get up but I'm up! Can't stop sneezing argh! Hate colds but at least it's supressimg my appetite so a good kick start.

Day 3 and 97 to go. Daily weigh 10.4.4 and so far disturbed sleep though not as bad as I've experienced in the past (thus far) thankfully no headaches though I've taken the odd paracetamol for my sore throat so not sure that has helped.

i think it's time I added/updated a signature given the number of restarts on this diary thread. Could so stay in bed!

Manged to get to sleep again though felt awful having to get up but I'm up! Can't stop sneezing argh! Hate colds but at least it's supressimg my appetite so a good kick start. Day 3 and 97 to go. Daily weigh 10.4.4 and so far disturbed sleep though not as bad as I've experienced in the past (thus far) thankfully no headaches though I've taken the odd paracetamol for my sore throat so not sure that has helped. i think it's time I added/updated a signature given the number of restarts on this diary thread. Could so stay in bed!

Hey Kira,

Day 3 already :)
Your flying by and will be back where you want to be in no time.
Try not to look at a " restart " in a negative way, it's you taking back control so far be it from anything bad it shows your grit & determination to keep where you want to be !

Millions / billions of us women struggle but not every one has the control you do.

My goal is to be in the 10's so to me your weight is a dream ( a realistic one but still a few months away ) what I'm trying to say is don't be to hard in yourself.

I fully understand the sleep thing, I'm still in bed :)
Hubby and son are away to work, I'm home alone, cold and ratty thankfully I have a week off work so bed is a good place to be & it keeps me away from food and off the scales lol

Here's to another good day for us all, fingers crossed your back to fighting for and feeling better soon x x x x

Morning Kira -

I need to put a battery on my scale to start weighing. I just don't want to know.

Hi Kira

Firstly - check your language missus - you shouldn't be disgusted with yourself - be kind to your fabulous self! You're not disgusting :) you're always trying and hit little bumps along the way as we all do. And we'd probably hate you if you were one of those 'do VLCD once, 100%, never regain' peeps ;) ;)

Oh God I forgot about the sleeplessness, I'll have that coming to me in a couple of days

Hope you feel a bit better as the day goes on and roll on bedtime tonight!

As well as illness sleep gets really disrupted when we have time off and then have to get up in what feels like the middle of the night. Hope you start feeling better but by the time you do you should be having a ketosis whoosh as well so will feel better still.

As I said no point in self loathing or for the word should - we are where we are and can only work with that. I'm sure I'll be having another go at packs soon.

Angel that's a really helpful post! I really need to view this a re-start as a positive of "taking control" as you've put it and not a negative because having that thought subconsciously would set me up to fail (in my mind) and fall of the waggon. Thank you!

Day 3 has flown by in term is the working day and plan. I was so busy and stress (deadline stress for getting a job done) that I had not time to feel hungry or even think I was on a vlcd - the adrenaline just kept me going. I managed to have soup as at my desk though it was like warm by the time I manged to drink it all!

Alas no early night as I have another piece of work to do this evening which is likely to take 1 possibly hours hopefully no more so I'll be burning the midnight oil.

Hope you have all had agreat day.

Mel, Lou, Clin thanks pu for your posts yesterday! I meant to reply last but bu clearly I'm having a fuzzy brain as one does starting vlcd:)

Day 4 is here and daily weigh 10.3.0 slept poorly again ( also stressed about this piece of work I didn't quite finish and I will have to complete this morning. Argh! But on the positive side I'm feeling good I have reached day 4 and that I know I'm committed to sticking with it and of course the scale is creeping closer to 10 which is encouraging.!

Back