Detoxing with SnS

There's plenty people out there that'll attempt to bring you down so never do it to yourself. Your doing amazing! You'll soon be in those 9s! Xxx

Awh' ladies I'm so touched at your unwaning and continued support despite having been so much closer to goal and regaining most it back. Thank you. 2015 will see me do maintenance properly.

Lily!! Its great to have you back and thrilled you're going to come on board the vlcd ride again! Of course wouldn't it be fab if we didn't have to?! Have to say day 8 and the odd nigglying feeling of I need want something to eat has passed this evening and it's defintely habit for me. I think I'm hungry when I'm not.

Look ok forward to following your new diary! X

Day 9! Wow! Daily weigh 10.1.8 dont expect change for a couple of days yet but it will be good to see numbers move to the 9's soon. It's dress down day on Friday so it will be interesting to see if there's any difference to how my jeans fit from when I squeezed into them at weekend!

I have two pairs of size 14 's same style one black and the other denim interestingly the black are a tighter fit - could be the difference on the fabric? Anyway it would be great to feel a difference. Hoping for an easy day a tad stressed with a couple of pieces of work and could do without any hunger or emotional stress pangs getting the way but I know I can circumnavigate those if I stay focused.

Work stress - arghh! How well I know that one. You can do this, Kira. Eating doesn't stop the stress - it's still there when you stop eating. Hard to remember, I know - but I know you will. :)

Day 1 proper for me. I ate nothing but a few dried apricots and SW quiche yesterday (LOL, see my diary in this section if you don't know what that is :D). Hopefully my S&S order will turn up today and I can get started properly. Though I think SW quiche could work on the Lifestyle plan, so long as it only had one egg and half a portion of cottage cheese per slice?

Hope you have a good day! x

Morning Kira!

Day 9!done and dusted and soooo close to the 9s go you!

You feel disgusted with yourself? No no no! It happens, petal. And those pesky pounds will be off in no time, you'll see. It's great that you're already so close to the 9s. Those first week losses have a habit of being a bit less for me every time I restart - which I'm doing, by the way... :eek: I started a new diary here earlier today. My wheat-free S&S order should turn up to tomorrow, so I'm working on sticking to mainly protein today - my body's on notice that the famine is about to begin... ;) I'm going to lose 5 stones by the end of June 2015. It's happening. :D

Glad you're back, Lily. I'm determined, too - I hope it lasts. I'm not even weighing at the moment. I have no idea what I weigh - I just know my " Fat Clothes" were all either too tight to wear or headed that way. I probably won't weigh until I'm at least comfortably a size down - then I'll update my MFP and go from there.

I've just gotten another box of S & S delivered this morning. They have some good deals on ebay (the company itself - and with free shipping!)

Day 9! Wow! Daily weigh 10.1.8 dont expect change for a couple of days yet but it will be good to see numbers move to the 9's soon. It's dress down day on Friday so it will be interesting to see if there's any difference to how my jeans fit from when I squeezed into them at weekend! I have two pairs of size 14 's same style one black and the other denim interestingly the black are a tighter fit - could be the difference on the fabric? Anyway it would be great to feel a difference. Hoping for an easy day a tad stressed with a couple of pieces of work and could do without any hunger or emotional stress pangs getting the way but I know I can circumnavigate those if I stay focused.
I just saw an interesting photo essay on the differences in sizes of jeans depending on brand and cut. If I can find the link - I'll come back and share it. The woman was trying on various US16s but you get the idea on how different clothes can be depending on manufacturer.

Work stress - arghh! How well I know that one. You can do this, Kira. Eating doesn't stop the stress - it's still there when you stop eating. Hard to remember, I know - but I know you will. :) Day 1 proper for me. I ate nothing but a few dried apricots and SW quiche yesterday (LOL, see my diary in this section if you don't know what that is :D). Hopefully my S&S order will turn up today and I can get started properly. Though I think SW quiche could work on the Lifestyle plan, so long as it only had one egg and half a portion of cottage cheese per slice? Hope you have a good day! x
You're both in London now ( at least some days, Lily). You two should meet up for a hot beverage. If you pick the day ahead of time - I might be able to join you. I need to get to the Tate Britain before the 25th (I want to see the Turner Exhibit).

Morning Kira!

You're both in London now ( at least some days, Lily). You two should meet up for a hot beverage. If you pick the day ahead of time - I might be able to join you. I need to get to the Tate Britain before the 25th (I want to see the Turner Exhibit).

LOL, a hot beverage. I know you watch Big Bang. :)

Yes, I'd be up for that. I still have to travel all over the place but it comes in fits and starts and I'm mainly London-based for now. I work from home on Mondays and Fridays where I can, but next week (and the week after I think) is a full week in London.

Hope you've had a good day, Kira. I'm about to find out how Sam's first day in his new job went...

Wow! sam's got a job?! Crikey! Seems like yesterday he was on his course!

Day 9 coming to a close soon! I did fine at work and avoided the cakes someone brought in for their birthday - really don't get that - if it's one's birthday one should be treated not treating everyone else?! At that way would it would help us fatties not get fatter!

Lilly you're spot on about the stress and eating to try and alleviate it - it never ever does and that's what I need to work on because there's always going to be stresses in life - though I must admit the work stresses always appear to be the worst for me.

Im back up north this weekend and back Monday and then hear back up at the end of January.

Oh yes. To lazily copy and paste from something I wrote earlier...

Big news - DS is starting a new job today, mainly data inputting student records, from what (little) I can gather, at his old school. This is bigger news than you might think, because he lasted all of 7 working days over Christmas in a picking and packing job that sounds on a par with doing a similar job at Amazon. By day 2, his greatest career aspiration was to acquire a job in which he was allowed to sit down. It turned out that standing up for 8 hours straight, after months of getting up at 3pm and spending the rest of the day pretending to look for jobs but actually playing computer games was quite tough on my 18-year-old's feet. By day 4 I had to buy him new shoes. So him having a new job - for which he can sit down - is excellent news.

All this on top of a last minute UCAS application - said packing job made him decide he might go to university after all. He's still not quite decided which uni's to pick, and the application has to be in by 18.00 on 15 Jan. Lucky me. I don't really want him to apply, as I know he doesn't really want to go, but for some reason, I can't talk him out of it. The only course he can really apply for is Acting/Drama (I tried to persuade him to do a HND in computing or something) and he hasn't acted in anything since last summer (school show - he was brilliant, but still...) and will have to audition to actually get into any of the universities he picks. And has he given any thought to audition pieces? Of course not.

At the moment, they're not paying him, it seems. But maybe they will - I'm still not clear on whether this is just work experience or a trial period or what. He seemed to have a good day, anyway. He's still not written his personal statement for the UCAS form.

Evening Kira,

I thought that was weird about the birthday person bringing in treats. In the US you getter treats on your birthday. Some companies give you birthday as a paid day off! (Bit then we usually get a lot less holiday than Europeans).

I think it says everything about British society. :) You can't rely on your work colleagues to remember your birthday, so bringing your own cake is an act of self-preservation.

a good reason to take the day off on ones birthday! Avoid taking cakes in!
Wow! Lily! Sam is all grown up! He's same age as my DS1 who put in his application for ucas before Xmas and now is fretting over whether to take a gap year! I keep telling him concentrate on the work and start preparing for revision or commence it now and worry about what to do once exams are over. Cant believe when I first joined this forum he wasn't even contemplating the future.

Day 10 daily weigh 10.1.4 -it's going to be slow seeing the 9's this week and of course I know there's no point in comparing losses from last time. Going to place another order never heard back from CWP consultant LB but I'm actually rather proud of myself getting this far with just myself and you lovely Mini's here! I think it also would've been a trek going to get weighed and packs so maybe worked out the best.

Morning Kira - yes, our boys are all grown up. :eek: Well, sort of. And yes, we've watched them grow while we've been here on MiniMins - he was just 11 when I first started posting here.

Annoying not to hear back from CWP person, but maybe just as well, if he/she isn't all that reliable. My CWP person has stopped doing it - finally had enough, I think. Her clients had been dwindling, p'raps cos it's so much easier to do a VLCD on your own, what with S&S and all the others. I was looking at Exante the other day - the range of products they now do is huge. Though I'm struggling to find many savoury meals that don't have wheat in - the only one I've found so far is the S&S chili, which luckily I quite like. For now, anyway... :)

Hope you have a great day and try not to worry about the scales. They'll move - probably when you least expect it. x

Morning Kira,

Congrats on Day 10! I think you're doing well on your own and I think I prefer the S & S products, myself.

Thank you ladies!

It's funny how some of us have to reach the rock bottom or the end of the tether with ourselves before we can commit to ourselves on shifting our excess weight? It is a relief to have reached that point and I don't seem to be bothered like I have been on missing out or feeling deprived so far though I guess it's early days.

Im relieved to be home earlier than usual from work as it's been busy but at the same time I need to be careful as the evening are definitely danger time and the mind begins to play tricks.

Evening Kira,

I'm sure I've told you about the friend I had who used to floss and brush her teeth after dinner - then put in the whitening trays. That kept her from snacking in the "dangerous hours".

Day 11 daily weigh 10.1.0 and an awful tasting mouth! As usual sleep wasn't brilliant. I can handle the getting up for the bathroom visits but it's when I suddenly find masked wide awake that's frustrating and I seem to awake with a slight headache - almost feel as if I'm hunger over when I wake during the night and in the morning. I do get very hot too.

Well its it's good to be part way through week two and hoping I can look forward to at least a couple of pounds off but with this plan the numbers can vary so much so can set too much reliance on numbers alone. So the jeans test on Friday will be good.

Back