devestated

poppy100

Silver Member
Now i do know that i am overreacting but i feel devestated. i have been to see the practice nurse and i have not lost any weight. the scales say i have stayed the same. i dont know how that can be when i weight myself every week and have clearly lost weight. it feels sureel. i dont cheat on the home scales. i weigh every week. anyway i did get a script not that i can get any tablets. :cry:

Were they the same scales you used at the surgery before poppy? My nurse always gets me the same ones, both the other two sets of scales show me +2 lbs.

Were they the same scales you used at the surgery before poppy? My nurse always gets me the same ones, both the other two sets of scales show me +2 lbs.

same scales. it is so disappointing as i have not cheated on my home scales or anything.;

It could be a natural fluctuation in your weight, different scales, that they have been re-calibrated since you last went, that you got weighed at a different time of the day, you wore different clothes, it could be a freak reading...it could be tons of things. You've worked really hard, and you should try hard not to let this dishearted you. It's just a reading on a scale on one day. Keep sticking to the plan, you'll look and feel better - no scale measures that.

It could be a natural fluctuation in your weight, different scales, that they have been re-calibrated since you last went, that you got weighed at a different time of the day, you wore different clothes, it could be a freak reading...it could be tons of things. You've worked really hard, and you should try hard not to let this dishearted you. It's just a reading on a scale on one day. Keep sticking to the plan, you'll look and feel better - no scale measures that.

thanks - it is dishartening but i haven't lost my focus to lose weight. i did show the nurse my troussers which are too big for me!
i usually love to go and get weighed as i have lost each time. i have booked my next appt and i will defo have lost.

Don't get disheartened...you are doing great .. I can only echo what purple has said x

thanks folks. will keep going and see what happens.

Onwards & downwards Poppy, I am sure it was just a gremlin in the scales. I bet when you go next time there will be a great loss recorded xx

Onwards & downwards Poppy, I am sure it was just a gremlin in the scales. I bet when you go next time there will be a great loss recorded xx

hope so Lexie otherwise i will be screaming at the top of my voice and you will hear me all over the country!

do u get yourself weighed once a month? x

i have to be weighed by the practice nurse monthly and only if i lose will i get a script although this week she said you can get away with one month staying the same.

at home i weigh myself every friday at the same time in the buff ! i have weight watchers scales. they are digital (nurses use an ordinary scale) my scales weigh me heavier by about 6lbs but i am not bothered by that as long as i can see the direction my weight is going. i was just so disappointed howevr i have not given up. my troussers are all too loose - marks and spencers have a sale so i will be down there this week sometime.

Just explain to them that it is coming off in inches, happens with me I notice the difference in clothes more sometimes than on the scales :)

Just explain to them that it is coming off in inches, happens with me I notice the difference in clothes more sometimes than on the scales :)

nurse did take my waist measurements but it is years since it was last done and it was more! still she has a measurement now so if i dont lose i will ask her to do my waist measurement.

poppy100 said:
i have to be weighed by the practice nurse monthly and only if i lose will i get a script although this week she said you can get away with one month staying the same.

at home i weigh myself every friday at the same time in the buff ! i have weight watchers scales. they are digital (nurses use an ordinary scale) my scales weigh me heavier by about 6lbs but i am not bothered by that as long as i can see the direction my weight is going. i was just so disappointed howevr i have not given up. my troussers are all too loose - marks and spencers have a sale so i will be down there this week sometime.

At our practice I can gain 7kg by how I stand on the analogue scales so watch how you're standing next time. I weigh heavier if I'm standing near the back so I can also read the dial

I presume you're wearing the same clothes each time. Good luck, it'll be good that she has measurements too.

At our practice I can gain 7kg by how I stand on the analogue scales so watch how you're standing next time. I weigh heavier if I'm standing near the back so I can also read the dial

I presume you're wearing the same clothes each time. Good luck, it'll be good that she has measurements too.

thanks for that tip! i had to see my GP today for another problem and whilst there i asked him to weigh me and funily enough i have lost 2kg since monday! so feel vindicated that i must have lost that on Monday and it had not shown. probably standing too far back!

Back