Devon Dumpling's Food Diary - Bellisimo!

Devon Dolce

1lb at a time!
Thought it was about time that I wrote a food diary on here to get me back on the straight and narrow! I write everything down in my own little book but thought it would be useful to post it here too! I've been losing, gaining and staying the same for the last few weeks (since Valentine's Weekend actually!) and I really want to be at target for my 30th and holiday to Italy in September! I weigh in on a Thursday night.

I normally do RED days with the occasional GREEN thrown in which seems to suit me just fine! It's just weekends that seem to be a problem and I have been known to enjoy the odd glass of wine or two...

OK, so here goes:

Thursday 18th March 2010 - RED

Breakfast - 3 boiled eggs, 4 x Sesame Ryvita (B) and Marmite

Mid-morning - banana and Alpen Light (B), cup of coffee (milk - A)

Lunch - tuna salad (lettuce, cucumber, tomato, beetroot, tuna and carrot) and balsamic vinegar

Mid-afternoon - cup of tea and Alpen Light (B)

Dinner - stuffed chicken breast (pesto and Quark - 3 syns) wrapped in bacon with butternut squash and courgette cubes, a large glass of white wine (13 syns), and a plum.

Last edited:
You're welcome at Dumpling Towers anytime hun! :D

Haha you guys crease me up!! LOL! DD, hope you got my message!! Your food looks yummy!! Your dinner looks especially nice! I still haven't tried stuffing a chicken breast and wrapping it in bacon- so must do this! You've just inspired me!!! I've got loadsa days off work now and looking forward to doing lots of cooking- I've got a whole host of recipes lined up to cook, mainly from the last SW magazine!! Can't wait for the next mag to come out now in a couple of weeks! Well done DD, keep it up coz you're doing great- don't let the last few weeks throw you!X

Thanks all for your lovely comments - I really do feel back in the zone but not sure how this weekend will throw me! I'm off to London to visit my best friend who I don't get to see for months at a time and as it's her birthday too, so there will definitely be a lot of drink involved! I'm going to do a few green days which is unusual for me but as I'm staying with a veggie for the weekend,plus I figure the carbs will help soak up the alcohol, I'm going to try it! I won't be posting my food diaries until Monday, but I will take my trusty notebook and try and write the damage down as I go! xxx

PS. Heather - I did get your PM and replied, hope you got it! Stuffed chicken is delcious and so quick and easy - I normally have it on WI night as can prepare it beforehand and ask OH to pop it oven at 7pm ready for when I get home! Simples! xx

As per my ^^^ message I'm away for fun and frivolity this weekend, but thought I could at least start off my day with good intentions...

Friday 19th March - GREEN

Breakfast - 3 boiled eggs, 4 x Sesame Ryvita (Hex B) and Marmite

Mid-morning - 1 x Alpen Light (Hex B) and coffee (milk - Hex A)

Lunch - pasta and pesto (3 syns) with butternut squash, courgette and red onion

Mid-afternoon (whilst on the train) - grapes, banana and Alpen Light (Hex A)

Dinner - ???!

Stuffed chicken is delcious and so quick and easy - I normally have it on WI night as can prepare it beforehand and ask OH to pop it oven at 7pm ready for when I get home! Simples! xx

this would never work for me - my OH would be sat on settee and when i walked in go 'i was just gonna put it on!!!' haha! xxx i need training tips girls!!! xxx:rolleyes:

this would never work for me - my OH would be sat on settee and when i walked in go 'i was just gonna put it on!!!' haha! xxx i need training tips girls!!! xxx:rolleyes:

You and me both Ellebear, you and me both!! I'm trying to train him to run a bath for me for when I get home after a double shift in work, but that lovely smell of soapy bubbles still fails to waft down the stairs on entering the house on my last legs!!!X

Hello dear diary I'm back and after a fun-filled weekend of food, drink and dancing I really am back on plan as of..... now! I always knew this weekend was going to be a good one so any gain on Thursday is well deserved but I don't regret a single mouthful (food or drink!)! Oh well, here's to me getting back into the zone and getting some pounds off before a hen do in May! Will start food diary again tomorrow as a) I can't remember all I've had this weekend and b) even if I did it would be shameful to write it down! xx

Hello dear diary I'm back and after a fun-filled weekend of food, drink and dancing I really am back on plan as of..... now! I always knew this weekend was going to be a good one so any gain on Thursday is well deserved but I don't regret a single mouthful (food or drink!)! Oh well, here's to me getting back into the zone and getting some pounds off before a hen do in May! Will start food diary again tomorrow as a) I can't remember all I've had this weekend and b) even if I did it would be shameful to write it down! xx

Sounds like a great weekend :D
I had a full on Hen Weekend in London last Nov and what happens in London stays in London I say lol
Good luck with getting back on track
x

So after a crazy weekend I'm back on it today and more than determined to get this weight off!

Here's my food diary for Tuesday 23rd March - RED day:

Breakfast: Grapefruit

Mid-morning snack: Banana, plum, clementine, carrot sticks and a Skinny Cow hot chocolate (2 syns)

Lunch: Tuna salad (tuna, bettroot, lettuce and cucumber with Balsamic vinegar)

Mid-afo snack: Mullerlight, Hifi and tea (milk Hex A)

Pre-dinner snack: 4 x slices corned beef (6 syns)

Dinner: Salmon fillet and prawns

I'm having a couple of very low syn and HEX free days as the weekend was such a blowout and to be honest all I want is fruit and veg! Normal service will resume after weigh in on Thursday!

Last edited:
Skinny Cow hot chocolate (need to check syns)

The Skinny Cow Instant Indulgent Mint/Chocolate Drink, dried 10g sachet

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
extraeasy.gif
2 Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 2 Syns
green.gif
Green 2 Syns
[/FONT]

[/FONT]

The Skinny Cow Instant Indulgent Mint/Chocolate Drink, dried 10g sachet

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
extraeasy.gif
2 Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 2 Syns
green.gif
Green 2 Syns
[/FONT]

[/FONT]

Thank you lovely xx

Wednesday 24th March - RED day:

Breakfast: 28g oats (Hex B), frozen berries and sweetener

Mid-morning snack: Banana, plum, Curly Wurly (6 syns) and a Flyte bar (10 syns) - hmmm major chocolate fix! Coffee (Milk - Hex A)

Lunch: 4 x Sesame Ryvita (Hex B), ham, 4 x Laughing Cow triangles (4/5 Hex A) and cucumber, carrot sticks

Mid-afo snack: Grapes, plum, clementines

Dinner: Chocolate -eek!!!

Last edited:
Bite it, write it - my new moto and with that in mind I need to confess to just devouring a bar of Whole Nut at a whopping 38.5 syns, so much for me going syn free for the next few days to lessen the blow from the weekend!

Here's my line ________________ and I'll go to weigh in tomorrow night, face up to the scales and keep going with the plan! xxx

Thursday 25th March - RED day:

Breakfast: 3 x boiled eggs, 4 x Sesame Ryvita (Hex B) and Marmite

Mid-morning: Plum and banana

Lunch: Tuna salad (tuna, lettuce, cucumber, beetroot and Balsamic vinegar)

Mid-afo: Grapes

After weigh-in: Hifi (Hex B)

Dinner: Turkey breast with roasted butternut squash, mushroom, courgette and red onion, 1ybsp Hellmanns E/L mayo (1.5 syns??). Quark with Options and forest fruits (2.5 syns)

Extras: Milk in coffee and tea (Hex A)

Last edited:
Friday 26th March - RED day:

Breakfast: big bowl of porridge (56g oats - 28g as Hex B and 5 syns), forest fruits and 1tbsp honey (2 syns), coffee (milk - Hex A)

Mid-morning snack: 1 x Alpen bar (Hex B)

Lunch: Mushroom and ham omelette

Mid-afo snack: 1 x Alpen Light (Hex B) and banana

Dinner: Meatballs in rich tomato sauce with 84g spaghetti (4.5 syns)

Supper: Yogurt with strawberry squirt (2 syns) and 1 x Ryvita (Hex B) and Marmite

Last edited:
Back