Diabectic Easter Eggs

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Nick, 31 March 2007 Social URL.

1. Nick

Nick Need help

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet/ Slimming World
    Hi ya, :)

Sorry I didn't know what forum to put this on. But I am wondering where I can get a Diabetic easter egg from. My Dad found out that he was diabectic over the christmas period and I want to buy him a healther version to a normal egg. I know he can have a normal egg in moderation but I know he will just eat it all. He hasn't quite got the idea of the Diabetic eating at the moment. I am also asking where because I tryed to find Diabectic jam for him recently and it was really hard to get hold of it. Supermarkets don't do much nowaday's apart from reduced sugar, which is great if you know what you are looking for.

Idea's would be greatful.

Nick :) :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. poohbearmufc

poohbearmufc Longing 2 b a yummy mummy

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante - Total Solutions
    Thorntons (Birthdays) do a fantastic range of diabetic chocolate and easter eggs, my hubby's dad is diabetic and we always get his stuff from there...Love

4. HelenG

HelenG Member

Start Weight:
    22st3lb
    Current Weight:
    21st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Dashed good question Jeeves!
    Thornton's have the best range - no doubt.
    :rolleyes: Be aware though that the substitutes used can have a laxative effect if eaten in too large a quantity.:eek:

5. Nick

Nick Need help

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet/ Slimming World
    Thankyou, and yes thank's for the warning he will scoff it all. :eek: :eek:

6. essexmum

essexmum Full Member

I saw some in Sainsburys this evening

7. skinnymongoose

skinnymongoose Full Member

Diet:
    undecided
    Just to reinforce the warning about the sweetner used in diabetic choc - too much (which may not seem like THAT much to a hardened chocoholic!) and it's dire :eek: - I speak from experience :rolleyes: . Also, sorbitol and malitol can still up yr glucose levels, so be careful.
    SM

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.