DIARY:- CCing and exercising to become a loser!

Hey, this is not so bad! You were still eating under 2000 cals, so you may still lose - especially if you've been exercising.

There is also some research to suggest that having a day where you eat more calories than usually can boost your base metabolic rate - hence increasing the speed at which you burn calories while doing nothing (or sleeping, or watching telly, you get the picture). This can be as much as 250 extra calories burnt a day!

So don't beat yourself up, you're doing GREAT!

SL xxx

Hey, this is not so bad! You were still eating under 2000 cals, so you may still lose - especially if you've been exercising.

There is also some research to suggest that having a day where you eat more calories than usually can boost your base metabolic rate - hence increasing the speed at which you burn calories while doing nothing (or sleeping, or watching telly, you get the picture). This can be as much as 250 extra calories burnt a day!

So don't beat yourself up, you're doing GREAT!

SL xxx

Yeah I'm hoping that eating more tonight kicked up my metabolism, I deffo had a lot of energy for Zumba :)

Day 20- 03/09/11.

New day, trying not to get myself worked up about last night's binge. So I got up early today and went to the shops for new gym pants... and I must say that I managed to get into a size eight! :D I didn't even feel tempted by Mcdonalds, greggs, etc... Had an apple and coco pops bar then I came back to make myself something :) I'll be jogging/fast walking down to the shopping valley near me to hopefully get a new pair of trainers. :)

Okay..... so the jogging failed. It started to pour with rain, then my backpack moved awkwardly when I tried to jog, so I ended up just brisk walking there and back, took about 25 minutes to get down there and about 25 to get back home. So that should be a decent exercise. Came back to do 30 Day Shred and I am knackered!

Exercise:- Brisk walking, 30 day shred.

Breakfast - 2 chocolate wheatabix with a handful of cornflakes with semi skimmed milk.. :) 262 calories.

Lunch - Smiley faces and vegetables :p 234 calories.

Dinner - Homemade vegetable soup maybe?? With activia yog. 235 calories.

Snacks throughout the day - Apple, coco pops bar, a fruit bag from boots. 197 calories.

Last edited:
Day 21 - 04/09/11.

So I am sitting on the sofa KNACKERED! This morning and went to gym for about an hour, then had a Sunday dinner ( a bit overboard on portion size :( ), then brisk walked to town and back as I was going to cinema - NO SNACKS either!, then done level two on shred. Just finished eating my soup and Activia yog. P:
Not feeling very confident for tomorrow's weigh in, hoping for a pound loss.. or even if my bmi has went down a bit.

Exercise:- Gym, Brisk walking to town and back, 30 day shred.

Breakfast - 2 chocolate wheatabix with a handful of cornflakes with semi skimmed milk. 262 calories.

Lunch - Sunday dinner:- Quorn cheese fillet thing, smiley faces, veg. 580 calories. woops

Dinner - Homemade vegetable soup and activia yog. 235 calories.

Snacks throughout the day - Clementinex2. 40 calories.

fingers crossed for weigh in :{

Good luck!!! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks Cai, didn't lose any pounds but BMI went down.. really bloated this morning aswell. :/

Day 22 - 05/09/11.

I am, again, sitting on the sofa shattered!!! I have been walking all over the place today.. walked down the shopping valley, back home, then to tescos, then all the way to sainsburies!! Couldn't do 30 day shred today, too busy and I can hardly walk, cramping!! The Wii fit told me this morning that I have stayed the same but my BMI went down a bit? :/ I was really bloated ( needed the loo...! ) so maybe this affected the STS but oh well. So I am going to set some weekly goals as I am on my way to maintenance:-

- 100 crunches/situps a day (50 day, 50 night).
- Keep calorie intake at 1300 maxium..
- Work out at least 4 times a week.

Exercise:- A LOAD OF WALKING.
3 mile to and back from shopping valley.
1.8 mile to Tesco.
3.7 mile from Tesco to Sainsbury's!!!

Breakfast - 2 chocolate wheatabix with a handful of cornflakes with semi skimmed milk. 262 calories.

Lunch - veg and smiley faces :) 196 calories.

Dinner - Homemade vegetable soup. Tasted some golden syrup porridge (YUMMMY!). 285 calories.

Snacks throughout the day - tesco fruit bag, wheatabix oat bar, Options hot chocolate - DELISH!!!!, 5 grapes. 176 calories.

Last edited:
Yes, you say 'keep your calorie intake to 1300 maximum' but you can afford to eat that everyday with the amount of exercise you are doing..

You are shattered because you are not eating enough to substain your body's needs with all the exercise like walking, shred etc, like a car, if you don't put enough petrol in it won't go smoothly, it will run out of fuel ..

Try, eat more .. you will have lots more energy for your workouts .. you will be working off the cals & toning up better. You will feel so much better:)

I hope you are not affended by my comments, i would never want to tell you what you should do, it is your decision .. but, in my opinion, you are not eating enough & your body is holding on to your pounds as it is starving! LOL!

Why not go on myfitnesspal.com, put in your exercise & log your food for a few days, you will see you need more ..

Good luck!

Day 23 - 06/09/11.

back to work today, walked to and from work. :) Legs are really aching today so couldn't face 30 day shred, I done some gentle exercise at gym though so I hope that's ok D:

Exercise:- 50 minutes of gym, apperantly burned 349 calories.

Breakfast - Two chocolate wheatabix with a handful of cornflakes and semi skimmed milk. I am having porridge tomorrow, need a change! 262 calories.

Lunch -
A wholemeal wrap with a filling of ham slices and salad. Coco pops bar. Wildlife Choob. Apple and grape bag. 286 calories.

Dinner - Homemade veg soup and WW toffee yogurt. 218 calories.

Snacks throughout the day - Apple, grapes, leftover porridge. 181 calories.

Yes, you say 'keep your calorie intake to 1300 maximum' but you can afford to eat that everyday with the amount of exercise you are doing..

You are shattered because you are not eating enough to substain your body's needs with all the exercise like walking, shred etc, like a car, if you don't put enough petrol in it won't go smoothly, it will run out of fuel ..

Try, eat more .. you will have lots more energy for your workouts .. you will be working off the cals & toning up better. You will feel so much better:)

I hope you are not affended by my comments, i would never want to tell you what you should do, it is your decision .. but, in my opinion, you are not eating enough & your body is holding on to your pounds as it is starving! LOL!

Why not go on myfitnesspal.com, put in your exercise & log your food for a few days, you will see you need more ..

Good luck!

Hey ramblingrose, I am scared that if I start to eat more the pounds will go back on as I have been on such a strict plan. I am going to start eating more though, I am eating so low as I had no progress in ages and was determined to get the last few pounds off. But I know that it is stupid and I need to eat sensibly to lose healthily. Of course I am not offended :)

I am currently using MFP and I think that is helping but it's making me become a bit obsessed with calorie counting and seeing a "1000"+ on my food tracker scares me as it seems so much but it's not! D:

1000 calories is not a lot to someone who exercises as you do .. i don't know how you have the energy to workout & do your Zumba's etc!

All you can do is find something that works for you, you have very little to lose to reach your goal so why not try to enjoy that time .. remember that to stay in maintenance you need to be eating a certain amount of cals & exercising in relation to that .. can you really keep up what you are doing now to stay the same? You may be better to up your cals, yes .. you will put on a few lbs but then adjust your exercising to lose them again, gradually is better than trying to lose them too soon .. at least then you will be less stressed about your eating & relax a little ..

I know what i am trying to say, but i can't explain it well :(

I just wanted to try to help you as you seemed to be saying how tired you are, but i could see why, too few cals & too much exercise ...

I hope you can work it out & be happier with your journey to your goal, good luck!

Day 24 - 07/09/11.

Had an off day today, totm is coming...

Exercise:- 75 minutes of gym, apperantly burned 516 calories.

Breakfast - Sainsbury's golden syrup porridge. 262 calories.

Lunch - A wholemeal wrap with a filling of ham slices and salad. Coco pops bar. Wildlife Choob. Apple and grape bag. Again. 286 calories.

Dinner - Homemade veg soup. 170 calories?

Snacks throughout the day -

Midmorning: Apple. 47 calories.

Preworkout: Urmm... 2 chocolate wheatabix, geo bar, cornflakes, snack a jack rice cake... oh and grapes >.< 530 calories. woops. :/

Day 25 - 08/09/11.

Tomorrow is friday and I have decided that I am going to have a treat day, which is really exciting :D Am I sad?? I am not going to calorie count tomorrow, nor am I going to go overboard. But I want to enjoy the food I have without feeling guilty typing the calories in on MFP. I'm thinking of fish n chips with a slice of cake at the work canteen. I am doing Zumba later tomorrow so it shouldn't be too bad. D:

Today...

Exercise:- 48 minutes of gym, apperantly burned 342 calories.

Breakfast - Sainsbury's golden syrup porridge. 229 calories.

Lunch - A wholemeal wrap with a filling of ham slices and salad. Grapes. WW toffee yogurt. Special K Mini Breaks. 295 calories.

Dinner - A lush chicken dinner made by the mother, there was quite a lot of chicken and mash with butter, and veg, so I am going to be safe and say 500 calories..

Snacks throughout the day -

Midmorning: Apple. 47 calories.

Preworkout: a slice of bread and carrot sticks :3 108 calories.

Also treat day is a great idea! As I said before, doubling your calorie intake on one day a week can increase your BMR, thereby increasing the number you burn every day, even at rest.

So you can feel good about the fish and chips! Virtuous even!

X SL

The battered fish, chips and cake was delicious, I am normally starving by now but I am still stuffed of the meal I had today. :p

Day 26 - 09/09/11.

I am not calorie counting today but still noting down what I've ate to reflect. Still stuffed off my lunch, so not sure whether to have anything for tea as I have Zumba tonight...

Exercise:- Zumba? Walked 2.6 miles together from and to work..

Breakfast - Sainsbury's golden syrup porridge. yumyum

Lunch - Battered fish, chips and beans with chocolate cake. drooollss

Dinner - Not sure yet, so stuffed on lunch still!

Snacks throughout the day - Carrot.

Mega bloated, probably off the naughty food!! Hope it clears off by tomorrow, as I'm doing a weigh in :( ended up having some mixed veg and an apple. Stomach couldn't face a big meal I don't think!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Day 27 - 10/09/11.

Weighed in today; 2lb off :) Over the past few weeks I haven't been eating healthy, not as in having tons of junk, but just not a balanced diet. I have been feeling really tired, slow and run down.. I thought this would get the pounds off quick, it has, but I can't continue to eat this way forever. So I am going to eat more furfilling and nurtritous MEALS. I am going into maintainance I think...

Exercise:- Walking down to shopping valley.

Breakfast - A M&S fruit sweetie, 2 chocolate wheatabix with some cornflakes and semi skimmed milk. 292 calories.

Lunch - Wholemeal toast with WW baked beans. Coco pops bar. 325 calories.

Dinner - Ended up going to m and s cafe, had jacket with cheese and beans. like 600 calories? :/ Wasn't much cheese, big potato though..

Snacks throughout the day - Apple. 47 calories. Options hot choc 40 cal

Last edited:
Ended up going to M&S cafe with mother and had a jacket with beans and cheese. :/ no idea on calories!!? any ideas?

Day 28 - 11/09/11.

Good morning! Really tired but can't get back to sleep, also really achy legs, noooo :( Not sure what I am doing today, I am still knackered off Zumba and walking yesterday, plus my stomach is still not right since friday's treat. :/ I MIGHT go to gym later or do a workout dvd, see if my energy builds up. Currently watching The Biggest Loser. :)

* Ended up going on a bike ride :)

Exercise:- bike ride.

Breakfast - Golden Syrup porridge and grapes. 259 calories.

Lunch - Veg and smiley faces. oh and a large snack a jack 388 calories.

Dinner - Veg soup and WW yog. 218 calories.

Snacks throughout the day - Apple, little satsuma, chocolate teacake. Tasted some of mams pasta sauce thingy aswell... 307 calories.

Last edited:
Back