Diary of a binge eater.

Hello all, I hope you are all well.I havent been on minimins for quite some time. I have had a really bad week diet wise and have binged 3 times this week. weigh in is starting at 5.30 and I am just about to go to class. Fed up but at least I am going,I guess. Will let you know how i get on later. I need to sort my emotional eating eat once and for all.

Good luck for class. As you said the hardest part is still going even after a bad week. X

Well I was lucky.I didn't gain.I lost 1/2 lb,which I find weird after eating what I know I ate. I am an addict to food and am surprised that I went 6 weeks before binging. It's really hard but I will carry on and try to sort out my food issues.Its been such a stressful week!

Well I was lucky.I didn't gain.I lost 1/2 lb,which I find weird after eating what I know I ate. I am an addict to food and am surprised that I went 6 weeks before binging. It's really hard but I will carry on and try to sort out my food issues.Its been such a stressful week!

Hi Hun you'll get there don't beat yourself up. Youve done so well.We will beat this. My binging is out of control at min but I will not let it define who I am. Well done with the loss you must of subconsciously done something right this week. Here's to a better week for both of us :) xx

Great day on plan. Really couldn't be bothered with body pump but went & felt amazing after.

B- wheatabix
L- ham pasta salad
T- sw chips, veg quiche and mushy peas

Hex a- milk & cheese
Hex b- wheatabix & ham

Snacks- 2 bananas and a plum

Syns- 2 pieces if thorntons special toffee-8, mayo-5

I'm shattered, goodnight all xx

Yesterday was a disaster bk on it today can't wait to get on the spin bike tonight.

Great day, did feel the urge to binge after the gym but curbed it with fruit.

B- banna
L- sushi, snack a jacks
T- ham & veg omelette, beans & salad

Hex a- milk & cheese hex b- ham

Snacks, grapes apple banana
Syns- sushi-3 snack a jacks- 4.5

Spin class 466 cals burned.

Well done hun. Fab day and a victory over the binges. I'm starting to see the urge to binge as a battle and I'm getting quite competitive over who will win! Don't know what a psychologist would make of that lol, but I'm hoping it may help a bit x

Well done hun. Fab day and a victory over the binges. I'm starting to see the urge to binge as a battle and I'm getting quite competitive over who will win! Don't know what a psychologist would make of that lol, but I'm hoping it may help a bit x

Haha me to I'm a sore loser.

My binges have been out of control again. There's been no excuse for them either I just can't seem to stop & I'm really frustrated. I'm sure they'll be people reading this thinking well she can't want it that bad or she would just do it. But I do want it so bad and as soon as I do we'll I sabotage because I don't feel that I deserve it. I'm really at point know where I feel like I'm loosing the plot.

Yesterday I spent most of the day searching the net and advice for ways to deal with this. The doctors not an option. Looked into Oa meetings again and may take the online meeting route but there are a few things I'm not sure i can follow eg three meals a day and no snacks.

I thought about maybe taking a step back from sw and trying to concentrate on healthy balanced eating but sw to etched in my mind.

I'm that desperate I even looked at all kind if diet pills, shakes etc but I know something that makes me feel deprived will only make me binge more & the can't afford any of threes quick fixes.

Whilst looking online there where loads of success story's of people who have beaten it, I really need to beat this.

Kel I can completely empathise with you - we've all been there and trying to get back on plan after a few binge sessions is one of the most difficult things to do.

Please don't try the pills/shakes/very low cal diet route - I think I've tried everything in the book over the years and these diets are dangerous. You don't get enough of the good stuff and your right, the deprivation will lead to bigger binges. It won't cure anything, it's just a temporary flood barrier.

When your on plan you do amazingly well, great losses and always lots of exercise keeping you fit and healthy.

Maybe it's the whole SW thing that is causing the binges - like it's putting too much pressure on you to be 'on plan'. Why not take a small step back, ease up on the plan again and start going easy on yourself a bit. Maybe the lack of pressure will make a difference?

Sending hugs - you WILL beat this! Xx

Thanks for the support Hun. Your right I think the pressure of on plan is to much and if one day isn't perfect I go to pot. I'm gonna eat usual sw meals but not worry about syns, healthy extras & super free I'm just going to eat within balance.

I didn't get to the gym this morning as we've got lots of snow, the rest of the week ill be at the gym in the evening and don't want to weigh in the evening so will weigh in next week :)

I think that may be the right thing to do for a while hun, far too much 'pressure to perform' so to speak. Give it a go and see how you go.

Hope the snow is not too bad! We have nothing here thank god! X

Well the new approach seems to have worked today without thinking about it or stressing I've actually stayed on plan.

B- boiled egg & 1 slice wm bread
L- asda meat free mexican mince, savoury rice
T- cheese & tomato & chicken pasta bake & salad

Snacks- strawberrys & muller yog, banana

Hello everyone, hope you're all ok. Been a funny week for me again but I lost 1 1/2lbs this week so I am happy with that.I started slimming world thinking that I would be able to change and I now know that I will only be able to change a certain amount as i am and always will be, a compulsive eater. But in a way it is good that I now know because when I do slip, I also know that I can get back on track. Hope you all have a good week.xxx

Last edited:
Hello everyone, hope you're all ok. Been a funny week for me again but I lost 1 1/2lbs this week so I am happy with that.I started slimming world thinking that I would be able to change and I now know that I will only be able to change a certain amount as i am and always will be, a compulsive eater. But in a way it is good that I now know because when I do slip, I also know that I can get back on track. Hope you all have a good week.xxx

Well done hun. I think acceptance is half the battle.

I'm struggling to get back on track at the mo so it's amazing that you can do that. And well done on the loss!!! X

Great day today, feel fab

B- mushrooms, egg wm bread and beans
L- sw chips mushy peas & mint sauce
T- med veg, chicken & barbecue pasta topped with cheese.

Snacks- pineapple, mango, kiwi topped with muller yoghurt. Banana & apple

Spin class burning 500 cals

Back