Diary of a carb addict

Oh, have a wonderful holiday:D Yes, I was drinking way too much before (hence the weight gain!) and was having the same amount of beer and wine as I'm now having perrier water (bucket-loads). Hope it works for you too!

We had a lovely time thanks, ate and drank far too much though resulting in a 2.25 gain this week. Ah well! Still supposedly back on plan today, but that hasn't gone well either!!! So much for a new start!

B: 3 ryvita, fromage frais & banana (HXB)
Sn: satsuma & cookie (3)
L: tuna pasta salad with oil dressing (2)
Sn: fruit salad & yoghurt
D: bacon arrabiata with spaghetti with Parmesan (HXA)
Sn: cadbury treat (5.5)
Drinks: wine (14)

So much for a new start! Syns = 24.5

Exercise / Body Magic

I cycle to work most days, average 4 days/wk, which is 25 minutes in total. However, I think as I do this regularly & it's a daily activity it shouldn't count....??

So I did my cycle, then did 40 minutes of Davina McCall's super fit DVD....thighs = hurting....

I

I am a gold member at Weight Watchers and my safe zone allows me to be 10st1 max. I know my scales at home weigh me in as less than WW ones, so it was with great anticipation that I went to weigh in this morning. Guess what, 10st2, only 1pm over my safe zone.....I imagined it would be closer to 10st6 so really pleased & shocked!! I'm not going to go back to WW plan but I wanted some treats & also think that by going to a proper weigh in will motivate me more, especially as it cost me £6!!!! I'll still post my WI results from my scales though as I can't make the meeting each week.

However, if I'm better behaved this week I could see some good results next week....I'm a little excited :)

Well done, that's good news! And it sounds like you're really motivated for this week too! But surely regular exercise can count as Body Magic? I hope so:) I think you should count your cycling...

You've convinced me! I'm going to include my cycling -thanks:)

So I've decided my new WI day will be Wednesday as I will go to class, so I started a new week yesterday - clean slate.....or do I thought!!!

Wednesday:
B: apple, grapes, alpen light (0.5HXB)
Sn: melon, milk(HXA) & WW fruities(2)
L: jacket potato, beans, tuna & loads salad with oil dressing (2)
Sn: alpen light (0.5HXB), yoghurt & satsuma
D: pasta, meatballs, tomato & veg sauce
Sn: Mini maltesers (5)

Syns = 9

Well that was the plan.....but I was HANK MARVIN at work & cooking the tea while people were out. So I also had a quarter ham sarnie left over from lunch (3), boiled potatoes & carrots before they went in oven

Could NOT stop eating yesterday & wish I'd taken a batchelor pasta/noodle pot to work with me....oh dear....would assume I was approaching my * week but am on the pill so know it's not that....just one of those days..

Then I finished it off with a midnight feast of 3 cookies (9) what a pig!!!

Total syns = 21 :(

So I thought seeing as I'm in a crazy eating mood I'd allow myself some 'junk' food today.

So far
B: cold beans, apple, banana, strawberries & yoghurt
L: batchelor curry noodle pot, 2 BGTY sausages (1), veggies, melon
Sn: spoon lf choccie spread (1)

Plan for later:
Sn: carrots with butter bean dip & alpen light
D: pork escalope with rice & veg with side salad followed by jelly & berried
Sn: 'ferrero rocher' (3) Czech beer (1) & possibly toast & jam (0.5)

Syns = 6.5 that's more like it, just got to stick to it!!!

It's my day off & feeling lazy & headachey so will probs lay off the 'magic' today. Forgot to post, but yesterday was my daily 25min cycle.

Good for you! And don't worry if you go over your syns occasionally if you're good the rest of the time. Changing patterns takes time.

fit4hols said:
Good for you! And don't worry if you go over your syns occasionally if you're good the rest of the time. Changing patterns takes time.

Thanks unfortunately I'm not the worrying type which is usually my downfall!! I'm hoping today will be restrained but tomorrow possibly not & Sunday I'm on a day trip with work so eating out.....hoping I'll find somewhere serving up jackets and beans for lunch....haven't eaten out on the plan yet.

Only a small change yesterday....no toast & jam, alpen light instead....so 6.5 syns as I forgot to include the half for jelly. on WW it's free so it's just remembering the changes!!

Day off today so did 50 mins of a Davina DVD, so feeling slightly more pious than yesterday. I have also been productive going through all my magazines & ripping out recipes, exercise plans & inspiring articles (mostly Zest mag - I love it!) and have filed them. I think hubby will be pleased as 2 piles of rubbish will no longer be cluttering up the living room! I have also bee through the freezer & am in the process of planning dinners for the next week or so with that in mind. It desperately needs to be defrosted, so munching time begins. I even went so far as to throw things away that I know my husband won't eat but are no good for the plan....very unlike me but they had to go!

I will post my food diary later today or tomorrow as it always changes from my original plan....still feeling very positive & very motivated today. Tummy is rumbling, crudités & home made butterbean dip here I come....not quite the same as biccies but hey ho :D

Friday

B: a small amount of chicken, apple & 1 weetabix with milk (0.5HXB & 0.5HXA)
Sn: alpen light (0.5HXB) & satsumas
L: chicken salad with rice left over from last night
Sn: superfree soup, scan bran (1) crudités with butterbean dip
Drinks: pub - diet coke & bottle beer (7) home - Czech beer (1)
D: beef, herb, courgette & tomato pasta bake with a bit of mozzarella (0.5HXA) crumbled on followed by jelly (0.5) & fruit
Sn: WW nutty bar (4.5)

I feel very proud of myself for holding back in the pub, we were there for 2 hours & my husband had 3 pints which I would usually have done....seems like I'm learning a little self restraint!!

Total syns =14

Syns for week: 41.5/105

Feel a 'synful' day coming on.....can't get my head round using the same amount each day & I see others use theirs over the week so I'll be doing the same!! Estimating a good 25 syns today!! Excited much.....wine, wine & chocolate yum :)

I feel very proud of myself for holding back in the pub, we were there for 2 hours & my husband had 3 pints which I would usually have done....seems like I'm learning a little self restraint!!

Feel a 'synful' day coming on.....can't get my head round using the same amount each day & I see others use theirs over the week so I'll be doing the same!! Estimating a good 25 syns today!! Excited much.....wine, wine & chocolate yum :)

Yes, you should be proud of yourself! I'm certainly impressed - I struggle in the pub! I think you have to learn for yourself though what you can get away with on a syn night off! Enjoy! Just been doing the same after I got back home from work:D

fit4hols said:
Yes, you should be proud of yourself! I'm certainly impressed - I struggle in the pub! I think you have to learn for yourself though what you can get away with on a syn night off! Enjoy! Just been doing the same after I got back home from work:D

And it was all worth it enjoyed myself very much & really savoured the food & booze!!

So my diary for Saturday

B: tiny bit of left over pasta bake (no cheese) & alpen light
Sn: banana & yog
L: chicken & pasta salad
Sn: 1 weetabix w milk (0.5HXB + 0.5HXA)
D: quark, mozzarella (part HXA) & basil stuffed chicken with mash with flora light (1) & greens in tomato sauce (not ketchup!) followed by half banana, frozen berries & yog & choccie sauce (2) - new pud, supposed to be with squirty cream also but had none, very tasty & 1 of my 5 a day....didn't taste like it!
Drinks: wine (9) at home & 2 peroni (14) in pub seeing friends with news - very nice :)
AND a mini mars before bed (4) Lush!

Syns = 30

Syns for week 71/105 - 3 days left doing ok! Could be over the 15 today though as day trip...still will keep them low mon/tues!

So today I had a day trip with work, which can be tricky depending on what/where the person I'm supporting wants to eat. But I was fortunate, but possibly overdone it on the potato & beans!!

Sunday

B: apple, mash (0.5) & beans
Sn: alpen light (0.5HXB) & satsumas
L: jacket with beans & salad & probably about 2 tblsp regular coleslaw (3)
Sn: grapes & almonds (0.5HXB) & superfree soup
D: light choices sausages (2) veg & pasta followed by yoghurt & raspberries
Drinks: Czech beer (1) & wine (4.5)
Sn: 2 Ferraro (2) & milky way (3.5)

Syns = 16.5

Phew!!

So I've clocked up 88 syns so far, so that's 17 left of the 105 'weekly' allowance!! And 2 days to go - brill! We'll see if it works out...can't wait till Wednesday WI :)

You seem like you've had a great couple of days! Hope it all works out for you at weigh-in on Wednesday! And good plan to keep your syns low Mon/Tues:) Like the sound of your Czech beer btw;)

Thanks, the Czech beer is low alcohol, only 20 kcal per 500ml bottle & not too sweet - good times!!

So todays diary:

B: melon, apple & 1 weetabix with milk (0.5HXB + 0.5HXA)
Sn: yoghurt & fruit
L: chicken salad with rice & dressing (1)
Sn: apple, strawberries & beans
D: stir-fry beef with veggies & noodles sauce made with honey (2)
Sn: alpen light (0.5HXB) + rest of HXA milk & skinny cow mint (4.5) yummy!!!

Syns: 7.5

Not massively low on the syn front but ok I hope...good on BM though, went for a 'run' today. I started couch to 5K about 3 months ago & got distracted with weddings and stuff at the end of week 4....oops! So after 6 weeks out of action started on week 3 again today & it was ok....yay....will get to the end of week 9 no matter how much it hurts me!!

So this is Tuesday, WI tomorrow and I have 9 syns left if I max out my weekly syn allowance.....although I know that's not how I'm supposed to look at it!

My back is killing after my recent exertions! A combo of my job and an accident 2 years ago means my back is sore most if the time & always flares up again when I start to exercise, bad times :( However, after a week or so it settles down & in the long run if I keep up the exercise it gets better, good times :) So I did 40min of Davina's DVD & my usual cycle, ouchy on the leggies!! Still, I'm feeling good about it :D

B: apple, weetabix & milk (0.5HXB & 0.5HXA)
Sn: yoghurt, strawberries, grapes & satsumas
While prepping lunch had some pepper & chicken which had been 'floured' (1?)
L: tuna, rice & lots of salad, alpen light (0.5HXB)
Sn: superfree soup, carrot, banana & some rice & tomato soup...munchies BIG time! ALSO had 2 love heart sweets & a sugared almond (2?)
D: turkey fried with courgette, spinach & cherry tomatoes with spaghetti, quark & basil topped with a little parmesan (0.5HXA) .... new recipe nom nom nom :) followed by yoghurt & some frozen raspberries
Sn: maltesers (5) LUSH!

Syns = 8

I think this is right but my estimations could be under....too late now, big day tomorrow! Not feeling optimistic though, I've eaten millions this week and feel proper tubsy :(

Good luck with weigh-in today! I think you've eaten pretty healthily this week so look forward to hearing about it:)

Well 1.5lb off - I shouldn't complain buuuuut...... :) I was on the scales on Friday I think and I was 0.75lb less than I am today.....looks like I can't get away with my weekend bad behaviour....wishful thinking! The gutting thing is though that 2 weeks ago I was 10st & now I'm 10st0.75, not my finest hour! Still a loss is a loss & striving to get back under 9 next week :)

SO, going to carry on as usual but try try try to reduce the amount if syns I have. Also thinking of having a 2 day detox (from Zest magazine a while back) next Tuesday & Wednesday......I've tried it before and it was a good kick up the bottom for my body & metabolism I think. Then next week I will try the 'curb your cravings' diet, another one from Zest - best magazine ever!! :D

Back