Diary of a carb addict

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Food Diaries' started by slimjim79, 3 July 2011 Social URL.

1. slimjim79

slimjim79 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.47%)
    Diet:
    Tried SW but on healthy eating with hints and tips from every diet plan out there!!
    Well this is my first entry, so hello! I am a newbie & have been looking around the forums and keeping a food diary on here seems like such a good idea I'm going to give it a go.

I'm also new ish to SW, so any advice would be very much appreciated :) I am an old Weight Watchers girl and succeeded really well the first time I joined when I had more to lose. However, I have never maintained & always get to 1 stone over my ideal weight & then start again......I find it a difficult plan to live by. So this is why I'm trying SW. I tried once for a few weeks back in 2007, but soon reverted back to my WW comfort zone.

But, after reading the forums I feel like SW is the plan for me.....I enjoy my food & LOVE my carbs, especially mash potato :) I'm not able to go to a meeting at the moment as we only have 1 in my neck of the woods and it's on a night when I have other arrangements. I do have the old books and think with the help if the forums I can get a better idea of the new plan. Do you think this possible or do I need to go to meetings??

I started the plan on Monday, sticking to green and all went well, until Friday. I went to see Take That and didn't eat anything before I went at 4.30pm. I then didn't get round to eating till catching the last train home at midnight and this was sandwich crisps and chocolate, this is to say nothing of the 3pts lager I guzzled during the concert, oops! So Saturday I dusted myself off and started again with a green day:

B: beans on 2x small wholemeal HXB This was late so I didn't need a snack before lunch.
    L: bacon medallions HXB with pasta & tomato, veg & chilli sauce with 28g cheddar HXA
    Sn: fruit salad & sugar free crusha with skimmed milk HXA
    D: lentil & veg soup with rice, followed by, mullerlight fruit & sugar free jelly 0.5 syn Sn: alpen light bar 3.5 syn

So both HXA & HXB plus 4 syns, all in all very pleased!!! If my calculations are wrong by today's standards in any way please let me know, thank you :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. slimjim79

slimjim79 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.47%)
    Diet:
    Tried SW but on healthy eating with hints and tips from every diet plan out there!!
    Sunday's plan - extra easy, I think!

6:30am snack, can't face a full breakfast yet but am off to work: banana
    B: couscous with half an apple, berries & l-f yoghurt
    Sn: plums & half apple
    L: pasta & tuna with loads of superfree salad vegetables l-f vinaigrette
    Sn: 2x Alpen light HXB
    D: meatballs and pasta in tomato (loads) & veg sauce topped with cheddar HXA followed by mullerlight & fruit
    Sn: 175ml wine 6 syns (2nd time drinking booze this week - if you knew me you'd be impressed, my husband certainly is!!)

So that's the plan.....fingers crossed!

4. slimjim79

slimjim79 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.47%)
    Diet:
    Oh dear :( all went to plan till I left work to see my Dad. It's his birthday today, so I got him his favourite cake. I did have a slice which isn't the worse, it's just the 4 x 25cl beer I had, i.e. 1 litre, that worries me!!

So I wont have the alpen lights but will still have the wine, just a smaller glass!

Cake: 11syns
    Lager: 17.5syns
    Wine: 5 syns

Total = 33.5 syns ...... oops.

All starts again tomorrow and the weigh in will tell me exactly how bad I've been!

5. nataby

nataby Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st3lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(4.31%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Well done to sticking with it despite a few indulgences.....I tend to give up and go on an all out binge if I overindulge....trying to stick with it this time. I too am a huge carb addict!

Good luck with weigh in, let us know how you do!

6. slimjim79

slimjim79 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.47%)
    Diet:
    Hi nataby, thanks for your message. I did my weigh in at home and I've lost 2lb!!! Which is excellent, so I've drawn a line under the weekend and back to plan today....hopefully I won't be saying this every Monday morning :)

7. slimjim79

slimjim79 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.47%)
    Diet:
    Monday - Green day

Sn: banana
    B: fruity couscous with l-f yog
    Sn: plums & alpen light 1/2HXB
    L: lentil & veg soup
    Sn: 1 slice wholemeal toast & jam with glass skimmed milk 1/2 HXB + 0.5syn + HXA
    D: homemade chicken curry followed by muller, jelly & fruit HXB + 0.5syn

If I fancy either bag skips 4.5syn or sainsbury double take 5.5

Does writing down the planned diary in the morning make you stick to it more?? Hope so!

8. slimjim79

slimjim79 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.47%)
    Diet:
    OK slight change - Extra Easy
    All the same until dinner, hubby didn't want curry so instead:
    D: chicken paella, lots of veg with a 1syn beer followed by yoghurt, jelly, 0.5syn & fruit
    Sn: half small pack milky way magic stars 2syns

Total syns: 4.5 Not bad!!

9. skinnybride2013

skinnybride2013 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st13.0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(9.15%)
    Diet:
    Low Carb
    Well done, as you have just get back on it! I was drawn to your diary by your name...it's all about the carbs!

10. slimjim79

slimjim79 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.47%)
    Diet:
    Ha ha too true! Love your name!!! I'm trying to limit myself somewhat though. I remember when I went to meetings (2007) my consultant said on a green day could just snack on supernoodles & cold baked beans and still lose weight.....didn't actually work as I just forged myself! Trying to learn to listen to my body and stop eating when full etc.... Still feeling very positive and not hungry!!

11. slimjim79

slimjim79 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.47%)
    Diet:
    Today's menu- Extra Easy:

B: yoghurt & banana with glass milk HXA
    Sn: fruit salad
    L: tuna pasta with oodles of salad
    Sn: warb w jam 1/2HXB 0.5syns
    D: pork & veg stirfry with rice noodles
    Muller, jelly & fruit 0.5syns
    Glass of wine 5syns alpen light 1/2HXB

God did I need that wine, 15hrs at work, dog tired and grumpy!! Well not now I've had the wine :)

12. slimjim79

slimjim79 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.47%)
    Diet:
    Wednesday

Brunch: melon, banana & satsuma followed by sauté potatoes, beanz, 2 bacon medallions, 1 old style quorn sausage & fried tomatoes (using fry light).
    Does my fruit count tirades my superfree for this meal even though I ate it as a 'starter' hope so otherwise oops!!

TAKE THAT tonight!!!! So probably a dirty burger and a few pints of lager for dinner. I refuse to deny myself.....I will be as good as gold for the rest of the week.......... promise!!!

Will post the actual intake tomorrow

13. slimjim79

slimjim79 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.47%)
    Diet:
    I think I meant 'as' not tirades, not sure though!!! Darned predictive text on the iPhone, always making me look stupid :D

14. slimjim79

slimjim79 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.47%)
    Diet:
    Oooooooops, well I'm drawing another under it tomorrow, that's 2 lines in under 2 weeks!!! Still if I'm good most days it'll slowly come off hopefully! Take That was awesome, lots of walking and dancing so that counts for something I hope?? Stayed in London last night which was lovely and added a bit of culture to my life by a visit to the National Gallery today. Very nice but PACKED out by Harry Potter fans sheltering from the rain!!

15. slimjim79

slimjim79 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.47%)
    Diet:
    Well yesterday wasn't brilliant! Green

B: fruity couscous & yoghurt
    Sn: fruit
    L: pasta, beans, peas & tomatoes
    Sn: skips (4.5)
    D: homemade burger with parmesan(1.5 HXB & 0.5 HXA) wedges with lots of salad & salsa
    After: Czech beer (1) wine (approx. 10) & green&black choc (2.5) & alpen light (0.5 HXB)

Total syns 18 not too awful after all!!

Today's plan - extra easy

B: apple, half banana, half mullerlight
    L: meatfree meatballs (free I believe?), in veggie & tomato sauce with a few left over wedges & parmesan
    Sn: fruit, half muller & alpen light (0.5HXB)
    D: pork & veg stir-fry with sweet chilli sauce (1.5) & rice followed by 'angel delight' & berries (0.5)
    Sn: toast with jam (0.5)

Syns: 2.5 finish off the day with a curly wurly I think! = 8.5

Fingers crossed :)

16. slimjim79

slimjim79 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.47%)
    Diet:
    Slight adjustments, had cheese on toast as a snack instead of alpen light so 0.5HXB & 0.5HXA

Just about to tuck into 20g of green&black (g&b) for 5.5 syns......so total syns = 8

All good :)

17. slimjim79

slimjim79 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.47%)
    Diet:
    Checking in for today - extra easy

B: fruity couscous with yog
    L: beans on toast HXB & salad
    Sn: fruit salad & leftover stirfry (was starving!)
    D: spaghetti bolognese sauce had loads of veg with Parmesan HXA followed by 'angel delight' 0.5 & fruit
    Sn: curly wurly 6

Total syns: 6.5 :)

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. slimjim79

slimjim79 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.47%)
    Diet:
    Today was an extra easy

B: fruit & muller
    L: jacket with flora light (1) beans, salad & chicken
    Sn: fruit salad & toast with banana HXB
    D: meatfree meatballs, lots of veg & pasta followed by 'angel delight' (0.5) & fruit
    Sn: skips (4.5) and G&B (4)

Syns: 10

My problem is late shifts, I find I'm hungry again after dinner by the time I get in at 10:30 ish. And I can never just go straight to bed I need to unwind....so I eat! Still 10 syns isn't awful!

20. slimjim79

slimjim79 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.47%)
    Diet:
    Tomorrows plan - extra easy

B: muller & banana on toast HXB
    Sn: fruit salad
    L: chicken & couscous salad
    .....then we hit a problem. I have a training session which involves us feeding each other with various bits of food....you have to be fed to understand the message, so we'll see could be syn galore :(

D: unfortunately proper meatballs veg & pasta with cheese from HXA.
    I say unfortunately because that'll be 3 days in a row with pasta for dinner, I like to mix it up more than that! However, the meatballs were accidentally taken out of the freezer earlier so ho hum!

Drinks with friend: wine (6) possibly 2..

So will try and keep syns to zero for day & spend them on booze!! :D

21. fit4hols

fit4hols Silver Member

Start Weight:
    61.7kg
    Current Weight:
    53.7kg
    Goal Weight:
    54kg
    Lost(%):
    8kg(12.94%)
    Diet:
    Healthy eating/calorie counting
    Just popping in to say hello! Love the title of your diary, know the feeling!

And I like to use my syns on booze too! Like you, I often get back from work very late, and have found that I can unwind with a can of perrier lime! It has the same 'dry' taste as beer, and having it in a can has a really satisfying sound when you open the can! I pretend! And it saves me from drinking at home...

22. slimjim79

slimjim79 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.47%)
    Diet:
    Hi fit4hols thanks for your message. I will definitely try the Perrier & lime. I'm trying to save drinking for occasions, not necessarily big ones though! Just days off & if anything pops up in-between......but that can happen a lot. Ah well!

Yesterday ended up being about 25 syns, bad wine!! Off plan now till Monday as I'm away and will be eating and drinking to my hearts content & not thinking of the consequences!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.