Step 1 Sole Source Diary of a CD Girl - 35lbs off in 10 weeks :)

OMG! Day 62 ALREADY! Update.

Just realised we are now into the 60's. Can't quite believe it. I have been really good this week. No little nibbles here or there which I was finding myself getting into the habit of! Not happening! I still need to squeeze more water in although I have been better than last week. I am hoping for 2/3lbs this week. OOOOhh, BIG NEWS, I am no longer a serial weigher haha! I keep forgetting to weigh myself at home. I went to bed last night thinking "I must weigh myself in the morning to see if I have made any progress" and I totally forgot and that wasn't the first time either. I still have not weighed myself since WI day which was Tues. Big thing for me! Haha.

So I have been really enjoying my step 2 evening meals, they keep me going. But the last couple of days I have been penniless and not been able to get all the veg in that I usually do. All I have had in are the birdseye 'stem in the bag' veg which consist of carrot, peas and sweetcorn. They are lush! But not strictly step 2. I have had to have them or I would of gone without and I'm thinking that they can't really do too much harm can they? I know they are higher carbs hence not being allowed on step 2 but its not too bad is it? One thing for sure though is they have made me realise how much I miss garden peas and sweetcorn. I am thinking of messaging my CWPC and asking her advice on whether it would be ok to introduce these veggies into my plan now before moving up to step 3 completely?

What do you ladies think?

Hope you are all having a great weekend :) x x x

Day 63: Update.

If we were to travel back in time to 10 weeks ago and someone were to of said to me "In 10 weeks time, you will get very excited over having decent coffee in the house."... I would have laughed in their face and told them they were mad. But I would have not been the last one laughing because its true. We ran out of coffee a few weeks back and as I wasn't drinking any being on SS, we didn't buy any in. My partner drinks it too but wasn't fussed and he felt that he could go without whilst I was, bless him. Anyway, I have had the odd cup of coffee when visiting friends and family since starting Step 2 and I have really missed it, but I kept forgetting to buy it in and would really notice how much I was missing it when having a tough day. My partner popped to the shop this afternoon and come back with my favourite coffee, Cart Noir. I was so excited haha! I know its not technically allowed on Step 2 as Cambridge don't actually know if it has any affect on ketosis (so my CWPC has told me) but I had it before when I did CWP previously and I think its going to help get me through those tough days.

My daughter was a pickle this morning and was up before 7 :/ Being a saturday night last night, my partner and I stayed up very late watching Criminal Minds so I was shattered this morning. I always find when I am tired that my belly grumbles lol so I had a shake at half 8 this morning which is very early for me. I usually wait until around 11am to have my first shake as it then spreads out perfectly throughout the day with my routine. But that means I was then hungry again by about 1pm and had a bar, I would usually have my second product after my evening meal so at around 6pm. I am in for a hungry evening lol. I may end up having an extra CWP product depending on how I go.

Hope you are all having a lovely weekend x x x

Hi Sherrie,

Did you talk to your consultant about the carrots and peas etc on plan 2? I'm so afraid of doing things like that because of all the hard work that has gone in to get to this stage. I'm really doing my best to be 100% today again. That said, I had lunch yesterday at the party; fish, chicken and steamed green vegetables [green beans, courgettes and asparagus], with my three products of the day.

I wish I could not weight myself everyday. It only works when I'm not at home like last weekend. But today was the start of TOTM so perhaps I just won't bother tomorrow because I guess there won't be any change in the weight. I've been stuck at the same weight since Thursday morning anyway - even though I've been super good - the best I've been since I began on the 6th of June in fact. Oh well.

Hi Sherrie,

Did you talk to your consultant about the carrots and peas etc on plan 2? I'm so afraid of doing things like that because of all the hard work that has gone in to get to this stage. I'm really doing my best to be 100% today again. That said, I had lunch yesterday at the party; fish, chicken and steamed green vegetables [green beans, courgettes and asparagus], with my three products of the day.

I wish I could not weight myself everyday. It only works when I'm not at home like last weekend. But today was the start of TOTM so perhaps I just won't bother tomorrow because I guess there won't be any change in the weight. I've been stuck at the same weight since Thursday morning anyway - even though I've been super good - the best I've been since I began on the 6th of June in fact. Oh well.

No carrots or peas hun only those on the list, I have to admit I have had a bit of everything and its not caused a stall per say I think it depends on the quantity and also your will power to not have too much x

No carrots or peas hun only those on the list, I have to admit I have had a bit of everything and its not caused a stall per say I think it depends on the quantity and also your will power to not have too much x

Yes I suppose that holds true for everything really. Anyway, glad it has not caused a blip. You're doing so well and so quickly too.

I did ask her about the other veg Kitty and she said that as I am on Step 2 and having steady losses, she is happy for me to introduce them gradually (2-3 times a week) as I am really missing them and monitor my losses. She said they aren't strictly Step 2 but everyone is different and some things can be ok for some people and not ok for others so it is trial and error and totally up to me. If my losses slow I will just remove them until I am closer to goal.

I did weigh myself this morning and my weight is still at 12st10lbs so no loss for me according to my home scales. I was really proud of myself for not having an extra CWP product last night either! I didn't need it. Worried over nothing lol x

I did ask her about the other veg Kitty and she said that as I am on Step 2 and having steady losses, she is happy for me to introduce them gradually (2-3 times a week) as I am really missing them and monitor my losses. She said they aren't strictly Step 2 but everyone is different and some things can be ok for some people and not ok for others so it is trial and error and totally up to me. If my losses slow I will just remove them until I am closer to goal.

I did weigh myself this morning and my weight is still at 12st10lbs so no loss for me according to my home scales. I was really proud of myself for not having an extra CWP product last night either! I didn't need it. Worried over nothing lol x

Cool. That's good that you can slowly introduce vegetables you enjoy.

Glad you didn't need the extra CPW product. I guess sometimes it is really in the mind. Like today, I'm full after my pack, but I feel I need something sweet because it is the TOTM and I'm trying to resist having a bar I really don't need or should have. Trial though.

Thats exactly how I get. Its that time for me too and I think thats why I felt the way I have. I can't believe I am getting excited over having sweetcorn tonight, feels so naughty! But I have been 100% all week this week and my weigh in is tomorrow so if the scales haven't budged I will be majorly annoyed! x x x

Thats exactly how I get. Its that time for me too and I think thats why I felt the way I have. I can't believe I am getting excited over having sweetcorn tonight, feels so naughty! But I have been 100% all week this week and my weigh in is tomorrow so if the scales haven't budged I will be majorly annoyed! x x x

Enjoy your sweetcorn :)

I have given in and had my bar. Now all three meals are in and have nothing to have with dinner [since I'm being an angel of a 100% today]. So must drink water and have some diet coke.

Cooking Greek style kebabs in a bit for the OH. Lucky man :) Chose this so that I can nibble on something healthy [the chicken] if I have to but am going to try my best to stay away from it.

I want to leave the 12 stone zone for good. It can't come soon enough.

Day 64:

Had a good day overall yesterday. Had my peas and sweetcorn for part of my meal last night so excited to see how it may have affected me at WI today. My home scales are saying I have lost 1lb this week. I was ok with that last week having had such a huge loss the week before but I will be disappointed if it is 1lb this week. I know its still a loss and thats fab but I worked bloody hard this week! x

I am totally in the same boat os you Kitty, I sooo cant wait to be out of the 12's. I was ecstatic to get here but I am feeling the results already and I know I am almost within touching distance of my goal and I cant wait lol. It was at this point when I was doing Slimming World that I gave up, I got so close but the losses were sooo slow and I also had a few bad weeks and just hit a wall! I gave up and then of course the weight just crept up. There is no way that is happening now! If my losses begin to stall on CWP then I have no idea what I will do. I would consider going back to SS for a couple of weeks but Im not sure if I would want to this close to goal. Actually I think my BMI might even be too low now anyway? We will see! x x x

Last edited:
Day 64:

Had a good day overall yesterday. Had my peas and sweetcorn for part of my meal last night so excited to see how it may have affected me at WI today. My home scales are saying I have lost 1lb this week. I was ok with that last week having had such a huge loss the week before but I will be disappointed if it is 1lb this week. I know its still a loss and thats fab but I worked bloody hard this week! x

I am totally in the same boat os you Kitty, I sooo cant wait to be out of the 12's. I was ecstatic to get here but I am feeling the results already and I know I am almost within touching distance of my goal and I cant wait lol. It was at this point when I was doing Slimming World that I gave up, I got so close but the losses were sooo slow and I also had a few bad weeks and just hit a wall! I gave up and then of course the weight just crept up. There is no way that is happening now! If my losses begin to stall on CWP then I have no idea what I will do. I would consider going back to SS for a couple of weeks but Im not sure if I would want to this close to goal. Actually I think my BMI might even be too low now anyway? We will see! x x x

No, don't give up even if the weight stalls for a few weeks. It's just the body trying to hang on to the weight. Keep doing the VLCD and it will eventually shift.

Many years ago 2003-2004 in fact I lost a load of weight when I was living alone in Poland and doing the Atkins plan. And I'd lose and then get onto a plateau every couple of months. But I'd just keep doing the same thing and it would eventually start moving down again. Atkins was great for me at that point - the Polish food was ideal for the diet and being alone meant I didn't have to buy non-carbs at all. Tried it once I was married but it is so much harder with OH and cooking not just for me but also for him. And, the food here is very different.

I'm going to stick with Exante however long it takes. I know it works, I will beat my body hanging on to unwanted fat.

Day 65,66,67&68: Update!

Ok so my weigh in day was on Tuesday and I lost 2lbs. I was happy with that. I definitely want more 3lb losses as I am only having the one meal and sticking to the plan religiously. That is other than yesterday :/ It was my partners birthday and yeah, I had cake and an indian!!! Sooo naughty but he really wanted one and I thought to myself, do you know what, so do I. I wanted to celebrate with him and made a mental note of how this will throw my weight loss for this week but I am willing to take that on the chin (I hope not literally haha) and enjoy his birthday with him. This wouldn't have been the case if I was only a few weeks into my journey but I am pretty much half way through. Straight back on the wagon today though :)

An apology for being absent over the last week also. My life is manic at the moment! x x x

No, don't give up even if the weight stalls for a few weeks. It's just the body trying to hang on to the weight. Keep doing the VLCD and it will eventually shift.

Many years ago 2003-2004 in fact I lost a load of weight when I was living alone in Poland and doing the Atkins plan. And I'd lose and then get onto a plateau every couple of months. But I'd just keep doing the same thing and it would eventually start moving down again. Atkins was great for me at that point - the Polish food was ideal for the diet and being alone meant I didn't have to buy non-carbs at all. Tried it once I was married but it is so much harder with OH and cooking not just for me but also for him. And, the food here is very different.

I'm going to stick with Exante however long it takes. I know it works, I will beat my body hanging on to unwanted fat.

I have never tried the Atkins before but I know it works similarly to how Cambridge/Exante works, ketosis and what not. I didn't realise you were doing Exante. I tried that last year but I didn't get on with the shakes.

You did it before you can do it again chick! x x x

I have never tried the Atkins before but I know it works similarly to how Cambridge/Exante works, ketosis and what not. I didn't realise you were doing Exante. I tried that last year but I didn't get on with the shakes.

You did it before you can do it again chick! x x x

Thanks hon. I've tried everything, and that's the truth.

I'm enjoying all the Exante stuff actually. I prefer them to the CPW products. I guess the tastes are just more me somehow. CPW just felt a bit too artificial for me, except the CPW flavoured porridge. That was my favourite.

Day 71: Update!

I have to totally rule out and draw a line under this week. After I last posted I totally fell off the wagon and I just couldn't get back on. It was my partners birthday and he had booked the Thurs and Fri off work so my routine was altered and it threw me! I am back on the wagon now firmly thank god! I made sure I told my CWPC so I couldn't pretend that it didnt happen and I have my weigh in tomorrow. Not expecting a loss at all!!! But I wont dwell. I am looking forward to a good week ahead! x x x

Here, here to next week I totally bombed this weekend lol I had cake, nandos and so on and so forth lol I really expect to have gained but as you have said I wont dwell we have done a great job as we stand and can only improve from here xx

I used to always make the mistake of falling off the wagon and totally giving up! I would disregard the hard work I had already put in and forget the results I had achieved! Totally the wrong thing to do. Even if I have gained 2lbs this week I have still lost 2st 3lbs lol! How could I possibly forget about that?!

I am really nervous about weigh in today. I would be over the moon with a maintain so lets see how I get on! Will report back later. Have great day ladies x x x

Hey girlies I am briefly back and just in time to make you feel soooo much better !?!? I gained 7lbs in 6 days last week .....eEEEKkkkkkk!

I went from 12 9 to 13 2! Sooo oooooo you ladies need not feel bad ! I've lost 2/3 already and will be good until Thursday but then I'm off again for a girls week end in Malta !

Even though I have been wonderfully naughty I totally believe I will be back on it and am seeing my CDC next Tues to get me going again !!

Keep the faith ladies and Fifi those photos are gorgeous - don't know where your carrying any weight my lovely ?!? :)

Catch up again soon xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Whoop whoopity whoop whoop .... All 7 pounds back off this morning after two days of SS+ - am over the moon :) :) :p

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Wow Lotte that is amazing! Well done you! As long as you enjoyed yourself and can get back on the wagon, that is the main thing!

I had my WI on tuesday and I am over the moon as I maintained :D Considering the week I had I am very happy with that. Been back on plan 100% since Monday so I am hoping for a nice loss next week. 3lbs+ would be fab.

Have a good week everyone! x x x

Back