Diary of a chronic yo-yo!

Always good to have something to look forward to, where are you guys thinking? You are doing so well, I'm sure you'll be at target by then! I hope to have lost at least 2.5 stone by the time I go away. Is the SP essentially a low carb option? Sounds like I should still be on roughly the right lines.:)

We are only thinking of going somewhere cheap and sunny , cyprus maybe?.....don't know leaving it up to OH ....he can find the deals lol:D
Yes basically SP is no carbs unless it's synned i think, also no bananas, yoghurts, certain fruits......as some have moved into the just 'free' rather than speed

Bit of a crappy day to be honest but managed to stay on track...

B porridge made with water and cinnamon (hex b)
L baked potato with beans
D tricoloure pasta with chicken, tomato, peas, sweetcorn and spices

snacks- what I wish I had.... Wine (preferably intravenous!) chocolate, crisps. What I actually had.... 2xsatsumas, 1 plum, banana, apple, fat free fromage frais with frozen blueberries, kit kat (5.5 syns)

x

So glad it's Friday! I started dieting two week ago today but sadly only weighed myself for the first time last Sunday so have set that as weigh day. Whilst I feel better I stood on the scales this morning and only looked to be 1lb down :cry:...hoping for a miracle by Sunday morning! Still feeling motivated and have been reading threads on SP plan and think I will go to class on Wednesday to get new pack etc. I think my scales are 2lb out from slimming world so it'll be tough getting weighed (although I know I will technically be exactly the same as I was on home scales!)...ridiculous right?!

B 3 boiled eggs, coffee
L tricoloure pasta with chicken, tomatoes, peas and sweetcorn
D onion and rosemary sausages, beans, salad. 0% Greek yoghurt with frozen blueberries and strawberries

snacks- Apple, banana, kit kat (5.5 syns), honey roast ham, satsuma, fruitopolis yoghurt (0.5 syns)

x

Weigh in day and 2.2lb down! We booked our holiday yesterday so I officially have 4 months to lose as much as I can. In mid May we are heading to Kuala Lumpur for 3 night, Borneo for 5 nights and Bali for 5 nights and I'm already excited. Plans for this week are back to the gym and back to class so Wednesdays will become my new weigh day. I'm still feeling determined and really appreciate the support this forum offers.

Went to supermarket yesterday and spent a fortune on lean meats and fresh fruit and veg, it's just so expensive! I need to get better at planning meals ahead to keep costs down. That being said I should be covered for lunches and dinners this week!

Forgot to post food diary yesterday:

B 0% Greek yoghurt with sliced banana, coffee
L roasted butternut squash and pepper soup with chilli - not a massive success as my brother phoned and I got chatting which meant soup was ever so slightly burnt!
afternoon snack - low fat chicken and herb super noodles
Dinner- fillet steak (no visible fat), baked potato, salad, peas and sweetcorn with balsamic glaze

snacks- Apple, weight watchers dessert yoghurt (I think free), freddo (5 syns), frozen blueberries

i made up a large glass bottle of water with lemon, fresh mint and cucumber to keep in the fridge, which is really handy for keeping my fluids up and great alternative to plain water or diluting juice.

X

Today was a yummy food day, lots of winter warmers for a cold day:

B: bacon with fat trimmed off, scambled egg, portobello mushroom, baked beans
L: Butternut squash soup and ham salad sandwich with tiny bit of EL Mayo (less than 1 syn and hex b on bread)
D: lean beef casserole (onions, peppers, mushrooms, carrot and parsnips) with peas and sweetcorn, weight watchers dessert yoghurt

snack- Apple, pear, ww yoghurt, freddo (5 syns), 3 babybel light (hex a), loads of water with mint, cucumber and lemon

Tried the Beanies Gingerbread coffee today, smelled awful but tasted ok. Not as good as the Irish cream one but maybe because I drink coffee black and unsweetened

Oooh, Beanies coffee!...I love the double chocolate one :)
got choc orange & Cinnamon & hazlenut one.....not keen on those though.....must get some more double choc one...run out :( :)
Where do you buy yours?
I only found some in a random shop i went into, don't do it in asda..

Oooh, Beanies coffee!...I love the double chocolate one :)
got choc orange & Cinnamon & hazlenut one.....not keen on those though.....must get some more double choc one...run out :( :)
Where do you buy yours?
I only found some in a random shop i went into, don't do it in asda..

ooo need to try the double choc. Got mine in a big Sainsbury's. Irish Cream definitely my winner so far! They had some douwe egberts flavoured ones too. I was tempted by salted caramel, have you had it?

Another day on track :) very quick stint in the gym today too (just over half an hour) so not amazing but better than nothing, especially given morning dog walk plus walk to and from work.

B: 3 small boiled eggs, coffee
L: carb heavy! Ham salad sandwich (hex b) with small amount EL mayo (less than one syn) with Kabuto chilli chicken ramen pot
D: tricolore pasta with salad and EL mince, tomatoes, onion, red pepper, mushrooms, smoked paprika, garlic and splash of Worcestershire sauce

snacks - Apple, pear, 2x mini clementine things (technical term!), kit Kat (5.5 syns), carrot sticks, ww dessert yoghurt, Irish diet yoghurt (I like yoghurt and didn't feel like hex a so calcium via yoghurt...win!)

I have unintentionally had a dry January with no Gin/ wine/ Prosecco (general drinks of choice) since Hogmanay. I don't generally drink much unless I'm out so not a massive hardship I guess (it's too cold outside and I'm too tired and skint to go out!!) Still intending to go back to class on Wednesday....argh!
x

B: porridge made with water (hex b)
L: Tricolore pasta with salad and EL mince, tomatoes, onion, red pepper, mushrooms, smoked paprika, garlic and splash of Worcestershire sauce with salad
D: Chicken casserole with onion, mushroom, parsnip,carrot, peppers and salad with balsamic glaze (no idea on syns, hopefully not more than 1 or 2 but so yummy)

snacks - Apple, pear, two clementines, kit Kat (5.5 syns)' Irish diet yoghurt, hot chocolate (2 syns)

Shattered today after oh came home at sparrows (2am) after client drinks. Don't think it'll be a late one for me tonight. Back to group tomorrow....heck a little late for either lipo right?!

x

How was group?

It was ok, not as big or as busy as expected (especially for January). Officially 6lb heavier than when I started slimming world in 2012...gutted but it is what it is and its going to get better from here. Up and running again on the website, which will be a great help but syns online only seems to bring up 30 things on one search and I've already managed to find a few things that aren't listed. I signed up for 12 week countdown to try and keep myself right new consultant already seems to be better than the last with recipe files, certificates, secret Facebook groups etc. Only downsides really are location (about 10 minute drive but an obscure area) and 7.30 time means not home until after 9...knackered!

B: Rosemary & red onion sausages, baked beans, eggs
L: sainsburys pomedoro salad (1 syn balsamic dressing and Parmesan shavings as hex a), Bernard Matthews hickory bbq Turkey chunks
D: oh made some strand paella thing and said syn free...hope so but rice mix ingredients was in Spanish and neither of us speak it!

snacks- skips (4.5 syns), Apple, clementines, muller light, Greek 0% Total yoghurt with frozen blueberries, ww strawberry hearts (saw thread that said 2 syns but not in syns online, 20kcals to 1 point = just under 3 for the 31.5g box..not too bad actually)

x

Glad your group was ok:)
6lbs heavier in a couple of years isn't so bad!
Could have been worse:D
I find staying to group helps:)
When I haven't over the years that's when I give up easily and the weight goes back on!

Glad your group was ok:)
6lbs heavier in a couple of years isn't so bad!
Could have been worse:D
I find staying to group helps:)
When I haven't over the years that's when I give up easily and the weight goes back on!

If only it was 6lb in total! It's 6 heavier than when I first start at group but I then went on to lose over 2.5 stone..so realisatically I've put on around 3 stone.....:eek:
:cry:since around Feb 2013! I definitely need to stick at group and the secret facebook group that my consultant has set up is fab! x

If only it was 6lb in total! It's 6 heavier than when I first start at group but I then went on to lose over 2.5 stone..so realisatically I've put on around 3 stone.....:eek:
:cry:since around Feb 2013! I definitely need to stick at group and the secret facebook group that my consultant has set up is fab! x

ooops!
must have read that wrong....i've done the same though!
lost weight then put it all back on, plus some!
we have a secret FB group too, pretty good it is as well :)
along with this forum, it all helps :)

Work hellish at the moment but on the plus side a few of us are on diets and there for moral support when motivation slips!

B: porridge oats made with water (hex b)
L: last of the leftover pasta from earlier in the week with mixed leaves with balsamic dressing
D: roast chicken breast (skin removed), peas, mixed leaves and red pepper with balsamic glaze (1 syn)

snacks - apple, 2 clementines, 7 slices of ham, 2 Mullerlights, freddo (5 syns), pear

x

image.jpg
First attempt at SW friendly quiche and it was so tasty!

B: 3 red onion & Rosemary sausages, grilled portobello mushroom, baked beans,egg fried in frylight
L: roast chicken breast (skin removed), chickpeas, pepper, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, raw brocolli
D: syn free quiche with hex a reduced fat cheddar, mushrooms, onions, pepper, peas and ham. Served with mixed leaves, tomato, cucumber, carrot shavings and balsamic dressing (2 syns)

snacks- Alpen light 70kcal bar (hex b speed I think), Apple, 2 mini clementines, 2 mullerlights

Slightly deviated from Extra Easy SP with sausages and Mullerlights but not bad and I'm sure should still help towards weigh in next week. To be honest I think it'll be better for me to have a bit of flexibility with it! 16 weeks today until holiday..woohoo! If I average 2lb a week until then I should lose 2.5stone by then (fingers crossed). I have done 30 mins (3x 10 minute sections) of Pilates dvd this week and aiming to do at least that again. I already average around 3 miles every week day through dog walk and walking to and from work but as I've always done that it doesn't really count towards body magic award!

Back