Diary of a desperate girl...

Sooo, I'm still not doing brilliantly! I'm still gyming and loving it but food wise I'm not being great, I really need to curb it. I think I'm going to go to tesco tomorrow and get myself lots of veggies to make a yummy soup for me to take in at lunch. I've never made soup before but it sounds easy! I'm just finding it difficult at work, it's so stressful and then the weekends come and I want to just let go! Oh well, I'll keep at it and will keep gyming and swimming.

On that note - I'm going swimming BEFORE work on Wednesday, yikes!! I must be at least somewhat dedicated!

I was up a quarter of a pound on Friday, so 1 and a quarter gain in a few weeks. That could have been a half stone loss! Annoyed at myself.

Sooo, I'm still not doing brilliantly! I'm still gyming and loving it but food wise I'm not being great, I really need to curb it.

This is so me right now too, I blame the dark nights and post holiday blues! I've been the same, hence not being around for a few days. Swimming before work is very impressive though, I love the weightlessness of water, just hate the smell of Chlorine.

Let's be annoyed together :doh:

Haha, okay - good plan! I loveeee swimming, I just don't get the satisfaction out of it like I do with the gym ... Maybe it's because I can't feel the sweat!

It's so hard getting back into it after hol isn't it? Bleurgh. Oh and I'm getting an almighty cold/flu thing ... Definitely blaming that on you Jody.

I felt the same when I used to go to the gym, I only ever really felt like I'd done anything was when I was hot and sweaty which I only seemed to manage on the bike. I really enjoy swimming, but I think I need to push myself a bit more in the pool :) xx

Hi Saruk, even if it doesn't always show on the scales the exercise will be doing so much good for you!
Well done getting back into it, had a tesco veggie trip myself this evening so feeling ready to take on another week f temptation xxx

Hey Saruk,

Just checking in to see if you are ok as you haven't been on for a while xx

Hi mate! So sorry for being AWOL, had a difficult week! My weigh in on Friday put me back at where is as before holiday so I lost about a pound and a half last week which is all I deserved really. Going to be well behaved this week to hopefully get closer to 15st 11 which is what the scales originally showed me as. Feeling good about it (although I always do straight after dinner cos I'm just not hungry!) but I do think I'm back on track now ... Even though I haven't been to the gym for a week but I've had an almighty cold. Will do some exercise tomorrow for sure and I did a fair bit of walking yesterday.

Hope you're getting on okay - I'l pop past your diary now x

Hope you are still hanging in there my love and feeling better after your cold!

1.5lb in a week is still great, in a year that would be over 5 stone, sounds crazy when you look at it like that :)

I am thanks mate! Sorry I've been so rubbish at updating this, I'll try harder!

I might join a slimming world club on Thursday with my friend ... I haven't decided yet tho - I'm going to look into it further! I still just want to do it by eating well and exercising, not from having only shakes of whatever. But yeah, I'll look into it - I think the encouragement could really help me lose big numbers.

aahhh yeah that is quite crazy when you put it like that! Man I'd love to be 5 stone lighter! Hopefully it's in the not too distant future :)

Decided I am going to go to slimming world later! Eeeeep, a bit nervous but also excited at the same. Can I also point out - HUNGRY! Haven't weighed myself in a couple weeks so it'll be interesting to see what the scales say ... I don't think it will be good. But hopefully this will be a nice, new fresh start.

How did the club go and was it a happy or sad weigh in?

I either find the 'competition' element really encouraging or really demotivating if I feel like I am not doing well. But I am sure it will be great for inspiration and ideas with food :)

It was good! Weighed in at 16st which is fine cos I had big chunky boots on with a chunky heel and other clothes whereas normally I weigh in me undies or light PJs. Plus there are also differences in scales so no biggie for me. I found it hard at the weekend - I'm a very social person and although I don't drink tons, a glass of wine equates to 8.5 syns and when I'm with my friends I'd prob have about 2 or 3 glasses (even though they can put away about 3 bottles, haha) so that already takes me over. Then we got pizza (a 'healthy' pizza, not dominos etc) so I had half a medium which to be honest didn't even come close to filling me up but came to about 40/50 syns! So I was a bit screwy at the weekend and found myself not eating very much. I've been better since Saturday though, have eaten more (a lot of fruit and veg) and I've been making things from scratch which is great, including carrot and coriander soup and tuna fishcakes.

I also find find it a bit tricky when I'm out - eg on Saturday I went to Harry Potter Studios (amazing) and as I had only had a banana and fat free yoghurt for breakfast at about 7.30, by the time 11 hit I was starving. So I got a wholemeal egg mayo sandwich from there but only ate half cos of it being full fat mayo and I didn't want to waste the syns. And this is kind of the very thing I wanted to avoid with this weightloss journey. However, I've really got into it these past couple of days and I just think I need to settle into it a bit. I probably am going to over syn on at least one weekend day but hopefully good behaviour the rest of the week will see me through. Also the fact I've actually been to tesco to get in all the healthy stuff really helps - I didn't get the chance to go until Saturday afternoon.

So I'm feeling good, had a really good swim sesh yesterday and will have another tomorrow morning and potentially Wednesday evening so I'm hoping the scales will be nice to me on Thursday evening. Fingers crossed!

Glad you feel more settled with it. I have pretty much zero social life and I find weekends difficult so I can imagine it's a nightmare when you are trying to count things. I remember when you had absolutely no idea what was in your meal at all, sometimes I wish it was still like that! ;)

With all this swimming you will soon turn into a fish! It's got to be doing you really good though, when I was swimming twice a week I went from 25 to 50 lengths really quickly, it's great for building stamina!

Yeah it really can be, I just need to be a bit more relaxed about everything I feel. At least I'll know where I stand after my weigh in this week - if I've lost then having a day where I'm less strict will not scupper my weightloss journey and if don't lose then I'll need to rethink some things! Haha yes, those were the days! Ignorance is bliss eh?

haha! That made me laugh. I wouldn't mind being a fish, at least I wouldn't have to worry about counting syns ... Have you ever seen a chubby fish? I've just got back, did 50 minutes and feel good. But cold. I always am after swimming for some reason. Brrrr.

Just got back from Slimming World and I lost 5 and a half pound! Over the moon doesn't cut it. So happy :) hoping for another good week although it's going to be a bit of a toughie. Feeling good though, woohoo!

Thanks so much iCloud I really appreciate it!

I'm feeling so restless today., I don't know what to do with myself. I went to the gym this morning and did 15k on the exercise bike! So I think that's why I'm a bundle of energy. The problem is I had a really late night last night so I also know I'm tired - it's a weird feeling! Usually I'd do a load of housework when I feel like this but I've done it all already! Arghhhh. Hmmm, maybe I'll clear out some of the clothes I never wear anymore (and therefore the clothes I will never ever wear again cos I'll be a skinny Minnie). That's something productive which will keep me busy!

Feeling really positive today, today, I really feel like I'm starting to change my life.

Mega well done on the loss hun, what a great way to start! I am insanely jealous of course ;)

I feel restless this evening, already feel like it should be about 10pm, just told hubby that I am BORED and he laughed at me and told me to lift some weights. This is my danger zone though, when I start eating through boredom!

Back