Diary of a foodaholic

Slimfor2013

I everyone I'm abbie, I'm 22 and live with my partner and 1 year old son.
I have a love hate relationship with slimming world and have done for the past year constantly having one good week one bad ect. It's time to love sw and my body for good so I thought its time to start a food diary to help me along my journey. When I first started slimming world a year ago I weighed 15stone 4 pound and then got down to 14 stone 4 pound I then started doing it from home and failed. Joined again weighing 15 stone 6 but the weight was coming of too slow so I gave up. I returned to slimming world last night weighing 15stone 2.5 and I'm gonna do it this time. My cousin has joined too so I have her support aswell. Enjoy reading my food diary, Support and advice welcome would love to know if I'm doing any thing wrong :)
Abbie xx

Day 1
Break fast - half can of baked beans on hexb wholemeal toast and a banana
Lunch - super speed carrot soup and a packet of velvet crunch (4syns)
Dinner planned ahead - sw cottage pie packed full of veg with brocolli and cauliflower on the side (3.5 syns for gravy)

Total syns = 7.5

Good luck Abbie!

Havnt been on here for a while to do my food diary been so busy so am going to start it again from yesturday.

TOTM so literally couldnt stop eating lol

Breakfast - half tin baked beans on 2 nimble (hexb), 2.5 syns of lowlow and a nectarine.

Mid morning snack- carrots dipped in homemade cheese (2.5)

Lunch - steak and loads of mixed veg cooked in stock And a packet of velvet cruch (4syns)

Mid afternoon snack - superspeed mushroom soup

Dinner- mince cooked in stock with tons of supersede veg, sliced potatoes on top with hexA of cheese and a massive salad

Snacks - home made honeycomb (4.5syns)

Total syns 13

Stuck to plan but still feel like I ate too much I literally couldn't stop!

Better that than non stop eating of non plan food abbie.

Home made honeycomb sounds mmmm...:drool:

It is lovely defiantly will have it regularly on a sat night whilst the other half stuffs his face lol I got the recipe of here don't remember who from though

2tbsp clear honey (4syns)
1tbsp sweetener
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (try half teaspoon first to c if it works as it can be overpowering) (0.5syns)

Put honey and sweetener into a saucepan and heat gently until sweetener has dissolved
Alow to boil and bubble gently for a few minutes or until liquid slightly changes to a darker colour (be careful here as there is a very fine line between getting it right and burning it lol)
Add bicarbonate of soda and the mixture should turn foamy make sure all the bicarb is mixed in well (don't taste very nice wen u bite into a big chunk of powder. Yuk!)
Once foamy place into greased tin and wait for it to cool before placing in the fridge to go hard and set :)
So yummy and so easy xxx

Hi :)

I've been having a look through everyone's diaries for some extra inspiration and ideas, I just wanted to say good luck! I too tried this diet many years ago and didn't really lose anything. A - due to the fact I don't go to meetings (just don't have the pennies) and B - because I ddn't write down what I was having! I find it so helpful writing a diary on here, it really helps when other members give their support and it's a great ideas factory for meal times!

So I just wanted to say a massive good luck!

p.s I'm going to have to try that honeycomb too!!!

x

Hey Rachel thank you and good luck to you too. Do u have a diary?
I also find that writing stuff down helps me top and I love this site! How r u getting on with sw so far? Xx

Had WI this eve. Lost 2lb I'm overjoyed as I had a bad day. Stupid TOTM :)

Breakfast- frylighted egg sandwich with Tom sauce (1)

Lunch prawn stirfry -free

Dinner - kfc big daddy box meal :( didn't even calculate the syns

Snacks -blueberry muffin

Total syns ?????? Through the roof!!

Well done on your weight loss slimfor2013! Fresh start tomorrow for us all.

Hi Rachel1903 from another Midlander!

Hi :)

Wow congrats on your weight loss! That's fab!!! I had the same loss this week (I'm in my 2nd week now!)

I think I'm finding it OK so far, I was doing Red/Green days for the first week but I've decided to go for an EE week this week to help get my head around it a bit more! It takes a while to learn what you can and cannot eat on certain days!

I do have a diary, although it needs a little more inspiration on the menu front! I think there should be a link to it below :)

Hello WiiFitAddict! :) do you have a diary for us to nose at?? Hope your week is going well!

Ooh I will have to try that honeycomb recipe!

Well done on your WI and good luck with your weightloss journey.

Thanks girls I love this food plan it's so flexible and I actually enjoy it!

Breakfast - bacon sandwich fat removed with hexb bread and Tom sauce 1syn

Lunch - OH wanted to go to the cafe as he had a day off so I had grilled chicken, salad rice and peas. The chicken had a marinade so I counted it as 7 to b safe

Dinner - pork chops fat removed in a maggi so juicy BBQ bag, sw chips and mixed veg. 4.5 syns

Snacks - apple and carrots

Total syns 12.5
:) xx

Having another bad day today can't stop picking

Breakfast - Weatabix with yogurt hexb

Lunch- steak and veg

Dinner planned in advance - syn free spagbol

Snacks - 2 cornflake cakes (counting as ten)
Packet of velvet crunch. Also been picking at my sons food all day :(

Thank god it's Friday Girlies no work for my for 3 days now :)
Today's diary

Breakfast- bit of a weird one today had a hifi bar and then an hr later had a tin of beans

Lunch- mushroom omelette and a packetof velvet crunch (4syns)

Dinner - plain boiled rice and chicken in black bean sauce (5 syns)

Snacks- quark with an options stirred through

Defiantly not had enough superfree today.
Total syns 10.5

Breakfast- bacon sandwich using hexb and 1syn Tom sauce.

Lunch- mushroom and lentil loaf (hexA) fridge raiders (1.5syn) banana, nectarine, grapes

Dinner planned ahead - chicken and bacon topped with 3 syns worth of BBQ sauce, seasoned sw chips and mixed veg

Total syns so far

Snacks planned for xfactor tonight
1 Alpen light bar 3 syns
French fries 4.5
Strawberries and quark with a vanilla options stirred through 1.5

Should take my syns up to 14.5 :) yum yum xx

Having one of those days today can't b bothered to do anything apart from curl up on the sofa. I want to try a green day today if poss but hav eaten 2 slices of ham? If I syn them will they be high it was the morrisons dry cured ham?

Breakfast - frylight egg on hex b toast

Lunch cous cous and salad

Dinner will be - Peres peanut curry I can't wait to try (4.5syns)

Snacks - French fries x2 9 syns

I don't know whats wrong with me the past few days I get weighed tonight but coudnt stop eating last night! I had a tiny bit of peanut butter and it set me off! Raiding the cupboards and just snack snack snacking.! I really am interested in trying green days but how do they work opposed to EE? X

Hi, I know the feeling! One taste can give me the mega munchies! I too need to get back on the the red/green days, but sometimes it's easier when you have a busy lifestyle to stick to EE! On green and red you can have 2 Hex A's and B's. With red you can fill up on as much meat as you want, and green with as much pasta and potato as you want. I'm new to this so I'm sure there is more I can tell you, but I'm still learning myself! Hence why I'm still on the EE!

Good luck for weigh in :)
x

Thanks for your reply. Lol im glad I'm not the only one! I thought red/green days would b quite difficult but looking in my books it seems quite straight forward I am defiantly gonna give them a go this week to get me back on track
I hate days wen u can't stop picking I was eating a pack of crisps whilst cookin the dinner thinking what am I doing dinners in the oven and I'm not even that hungry. But did it stop me? No it didn't. So I ended up stuffing myself with crap. And then just having sw chips on there own for dinner. I then went on the make a syn free dessert after having untold syns ahh I'm dreading getting weighed my scales say up 1.5 :( x

Back