Diary of a foodaholic

Don't worry about gaining 1.5, it's not a massive gain and will easily come back off. I often jump on the scales after weigh in and find I have gained back the pound I lost! But my problem is I get on and off the scales throughout the week, which I really need to stop!

I think next week I will do red/green, it helps push on your weight loss I think! I just need to put a few hours aside to plan the whole week out, I find that helps me because then I'll only buy what I plan on eating! I try not to tempt myself by having too many bad things in the house, but if I need snacks I'll just buy the low syn ones like curly wurlys, mikados. I also really like the 0% fat greek yogurt mixed with an options orange sachet, sprinkled with a mini merignue. Only comes in at about 3.5 syns and it's quite filling! I often eat a whole small tub! I also snack on mikado sticks as they're low value too. On Friday I saw a friend and we had a massive Millionaires chocolate chaos between us, probably cost me about 15 syns and it wasn't even that nice! I would never buy it again, so I was annoyed that it didn't satisfy my taste buds!

How often do you use the wii? I went to the gym yesterday and I always find that whenever I exercise it decreases my appetite... not sure why but I never seem as hungry. I guess it's motivation to get my butt into gear more often!

So don't worry you're not alone, once I start thinking about eating something it's hard not to have it! But we do have to treat ourselves every now and again :)

If you like, when I do my meal plan on Sunday, I'll post it on here for you to see, always helps to see what others are eating!

Don't worry, you're doing fab! x

I try hard not to keep unhealthy things in the house too but it's so hard with my partner coz he just doesn't do healthy! Il cook us all a nice sw friendly meal n he ruins it by smothering it in ketchup and piling it high in cheese! We went food shopping Friday and he snuck in 4 different packs of biscuits and 1 pack of chocs! It's now tuesday and there's only 1 pack left and I haven't touches any of it (mayb 1 biscuit yesturday)
The thing that annoys me is he is a healthy weight he is a scaffolder so I suppose he burns it all off where as I am a nursery nurse which doesn't envolve much physical activity it's more creative activity at a table sat on my bum or doing paper work sat on my bum.
My one year old keeps me on my toes though but apart from that I don't fit in much excercise.

Yes that would be great if u can post it and il do the same although mine will be a bit bland as il be getting use to the red/green recipes.
Also do u know if the meat free products r alot more expensive than 'real' meat ? Xx

I have a partner just like yours....loves his food covered in cheese or gravy and we have a small cupboard filled with his biscuits and crisps.... I try my hardest never to go in there lol

I only do green days and have just started a diary if you wanna have a look....I do find I lose more on green than any of the other plans x

My other half is exactly the same, if I take him shopping with me I get a load of cheese and high fat products in the trolly! Luckily he's not too much of a biscuit or chocolate fan! I can get away with not buying the naughty stuff as I go shopping alone, so no added extras are found in the trolly! He also plays rugby every week so he can get away with eating them! Where as I'm the same, I work at a computer all day long so I don't get a lot of exercise unless I make the choice to do so, which is difficult to find motivation for sometimes!

Aw you have a 1 year old? Can't wait to have kids! I've heard they are a great energy burner when they reach the crawling and walking age! Love kids!

No problem I'll post up a weekly menu plan on Sunday :) I'll try to put it up as an image, will make more sense that way! Mine will be quite bland too, but we can inspire each other with the plans!

Hmmm I used to be a veggie, and I found I lost weight not eating meat! I think veggie goods are probably cheaper.... A bag of quorn fillets or quorn mince is probably cheaper than buying real mince or real chicken fillets! I need to eat them more often. I've bought some frozen sticky bbq fillets which I've been meaning to try, a lot of people rave about them!

x

Lol men ay! Would love to be able to eat how he does and not gain a pound!
Yeh I have a little boy he was 1 last month his my pride and joy and he defiantly keeps me on my toes he walks now and has done since 11months but started to walk properly on his 1st birthday. He literally just got up and went haha. I don't get to sit down for more that 5 mins with him about he either wants to play or I have to chase after him all the time but I wouldn't change it for the world.

Hmm I wonder if my partner would notice if I dish him up a plate of quorn/meat free. My guess is not once his piled it high with his extras haha.
Defiantly gonna try them this week xx

lisa2 said:
I have a partner just like yours....loves his food covered in cheese or gravy and we have a small cupboard filled with his biscuits and crisps.... I try my hardest never to go in there lol

I only do green days and have just started a diary if you wanna have a look....I do find I lose more on green than any of the other plans x

Hi lisa, I know I try so hard to not even open the cupboard but sometimes temptation just takes over lol. Oh thank u il check out ur diary now to give me a few ideas :) x

Lol men ay! Would love to be able to eat how he does and not gain a pound!
Yeh I have a little boy he was 1 last month his my pride and joy and he defiantly keeps me on my toes he walks now and has done since 11months but started to walk properly on his 1st birthday. He literally just got up and went haha. I don't get to sit down for more that 5 mins with him about he either wants to play or I have to chase after him all the time but I wouldn't change it for the world.

Hmm I wonder if my partner would notice if I dish him up a plate of quorn/meat free. My guess is not once his piled it high with his extras haha.
Defiantly gonna try them this week xx

I would love to eat like my other half too.... men just seem to have a quicker metabolism!!

Don't worry about your 2lb gain, it's hardly anything and will quickly come back off. I lost a pound but today the scales say I'm a pound heavier! So I'm def going for the red/green week next week, I just don't think I can eat meat and pasta at the same time! maybe treat myself to an EE day once a week!

I've just been naughty, I did a favour for a friend at work and she gave me some chocolates, I've just eaten 3!!! I've now passed the rest of the box (prob about 10 left in there!) to a colleague. I'm not going to eat anymore... I already feel guilty! I've now changed my snacks around. Need to work extra hard at the gym now! Oooops. I'm bound to gain for Mon as I also have a bday party to go too, so I guess there will be a buffet! :( We only live once I guess!

Aw your son sounds adorable! I can't wait to have one of my own to chase around after!

With quorn, you can tell the difference, it just doesn't taste the same, but it's just as filling! If you make what goes with it really tasty, they'll never know! x

Yh I agree I'm gonna treAt my self to an EE day once a week too.
I wouldn't worry to much about eating the chocolates u done well giving the ready away I couldn't do that lol!

I'm trying a red day today and so far iv had

Breakfast - marmite and hexb toast and an apple

Lunch- crab stick salad with a dash of dressing (2) and a packet of skips (4)

Dinner will be - BBQ pork chops (4.5) with grated cheese and seasoned veg

So my very well planned red day turned into a very unplanned EE day. Got home late from work and pork chops would have taken an hr so ended up with plain pasta and veg but just synned my second hexb. Is that ok?

So my very well planned red day turned into a very unplanned EE day. Got home late from work and pork chops would have taken an hr so ended up with plain pasta and veg but just synned my second hexb. Is that ok?

Yeah thats ok.

I'm having a EE day tomorrow...going out with the other half for the first time in years! We can never usually get a babysitter but my best friend is coming up specially!! Eeek!!
I'm ok on ee as long as it's 1/3 superfree??

Yes that's right 1/3 super free. Have a lovely meal I know how difficult it can b to get the odd night out with your partner so enjoy :) xx

Ee day
Breakfast - marmite on Melba toast (3syns) and a banana

Lunch - honey glazed pork chops and spinach (2syns)

Dinner - chicken in black bean sauce with plain boiled rice (5syns)

Snacks - 2 Belgian chocolate rice cake (5syns) omg they were lovely
400ml alpro hazelnut drink (hexA)

Total syns

Red day
Breakfast - bacon, sausages (2syns for 2) and mushrooms

Lunch - small piece of steak and 2 alpenlight bars (hex b)

Dinner - filo pastry filled with bacon sausage and cheese (5.5 and hexA)

Snacks - choc rice cake (2.5)

Syns so far

Rachel1903 said:
Hi :)

Thought I'd check in and see how your plan is going? I managed to gain 1.5lbs this week!

I keep meaning to write out the weekly plan, I've just not had the time yet... fingers crossed today I'll get it up for you to see! Busy busy busy bee! x

Hi love. I havnt managed to right up a weekly plan yet either lol. Oh never mind about the gain aslong as u got straight back on the wagon u should be fine next week. I gained 2 last week and my scales are showing a 3.5 loss this week. Whether that's true or not will be shown on sw scales Tomoz!
Iv been doing the red and green days and I'm enjoying them :)
Iv had 2 red days and today is my first green day I don't know what I would do without meat substitutes though because I love meat. The Linda McCartney sausages r yummy :) just had them in a pasta for lunch and tonight is jacket potato with a quorn fillet :) how r u getting on x

Hi love. I havnt managed to right up a weekly plan yet either lol. Oh never mind about the gain aslong as u got straight back on the wagon u should be fine next week. I gained 2 last week and my scales are showing a 3.5 loss this week. Whether that's true or not will be shown on sw scales Tomoz!
Iv been doing the red and green days and I'm enjoying them :)
Iv had 2 red days and today is my first green day I don't know what I would do without meat substitutes though because I love meat. The Linda McCartney sausages r yummy :) just had them in a pasta for lunch and tonight is jacket potato with a quorn fillet :) how r u getting on x

Life does get mega busy sometimes! Don't know whether I'm coming or going lately! Really wish I had done a plan as I just went to Tesco and bought what I thought we would eat, spent about £80!!! Normally it's only about £50! Need to get more organised!

Oooh well done on losing 3.5lbs! I'll keep my fingers crossed for the weight for you! Yes I've had the LM sausages before, they are probably one of the best veggie alternative you can buy! really nice! That's a good idea actually, veggie sausage and pasta for a green day lunch!

I'm going ok so far... day one of fresh week! So we shall see how it goes!! x

Just had a peek at ur diary and left a post. Tell me about being busy it just never stops lol between work and my son I'm trying to get my decorating done but housework always takes over lol and then I just want to sit and play with my son alot of the time rather than worry about housework/decorating then I complain the place is a mess. I just can't win haha

Gonna have a ee today I think but not sure wat to have for breakfast n lunch but we've got spag bol for dinner x

Just had a peek at ur diary and left a post. Tell me about being busy it just never stops lol between work and my son I'm trying to get my decorating done but housework always takes over lol and then I just want to sit and play with my son alot of the time rather than worry about housework/decorating then I complain the place is a mess. I just can't win haha

Gonna have a ee today I think but not sure wat to have for breakfast n lunch but we've got spag bol for dinner x

It's an absolute nightmare day! We have open evening this coming Thursday and I do all of the booklets, displays, dept postcards, guides etc... all from scratch! Obviously some people leave things until the last minute! Had about 6 posters dumped on me yesterday to be designed! In one way it's good as it keeps me occupied and I forget about eating!

What did you have for your breakfast and lunch in the end? I've just eaten mine, amazing how filling tuna is! xx

Oh dear but like u say at least ur staying busy!
I had egg on toast for breakfast today and tuna pasta for lunch lol I love tuna I could eat it out the tin!

Soooo happy I lost 3.5! And am in the new stones!

Back