Diary of a Foodoholic!

Mummy Sarah

Slamming the car door shut quickly, calling my other half to sort out the kids. I opened my front door quickly and made a beeline for the bedroom clutching my new purchases very tightly. Running into the bedroom, it took me seconds to get undressed and put on the new clothes. Ok, the leggings were a little tight but the top fitted lovely, and I smile shot over my face. Darting to the bathroom to get a quick check in the mirror. Yes the top looked fine, better than fine it looked really nice. I did a little dance in my head of triumph. I had finally made it.. To the size 16's. Ok not yet in case of bottom half, still would need a size 18 but the potential was there to get to that size.
Its been over 2 and half years since i last was a size 16, before dylan was born. And having a newborn you kind of ignore the need for dieting, puting the babies needs first and not caring if you looked like something out of the adams family. Grabbing quick and easy snacks to get you through the long days of baby rearing longing and waiting for your partner to get home so he can help out a little. No chance or want of exercising. And slowly the pounds gain....
I was 12st 10, when i found out I was expecting sadie... nearly five years ago. Admittedly, not slim jan, but I was confident, size 14, and could get into clothes mostly anywhere.. But after dylan and reaching the scales at 17st 3, I felt low, ugly, the fattest person in the village even, and worse a size 22. And my favorite shops, newlook, river island, Dorothy perkings, was not going to see my cash any time soon, and I was forced to accept clothes off my mum in law who shopped at J D Williams for me. :( I changed a lot.
You see even through I was a size 14, I loved fashion. I had a separate room, which 5 wardrobes filled with the latest styles. Now I have one chest of draws stuffed with sweat pants, and baggy tees. So getting to that size 16 was a great milestone for me.
Since starting Slimming world in january I have very slowly lost 1 stone 6lbs. I need one more pound and hopefully next week, Ill get my stone in half.
Tomorrow Im meeting with one of my closest friends for dinner and drinks, dont worry im going to be very sensible. Something I havent done in over 3 years even. The only makeup I have is foundation so will need to pop into superdrug and boots and stock up on some new makeup tomorrow morning. :) Im really excited. I feel like a little bit of me is coming back. Even through I know I have a long way to go. I know slowly and surely Ill get there. :) I will be 10 stone and determined to get there before I reach 30. Cheerio xx

Just did 45 minutes with just dance 3 via the connect. Luckily the kids have not stirred as dean is now in work doing a night shift. You got to love the kinect. Since I have been dancing a lot over the past week I have gotten to know the dances well and now it giving out perfects to its hearts content. If only the kinect had eyes and could see how I looked dancing then it might not be so rushed in pushing out perfects. We've only had the kinect for a few weeks, and I would really recommend it to thoose who have little ones. who are unable to go to the gym three times a week. Had a quick shower afterwards, and then realised how little Iv eaten today so had some quick spaghetti on one peice of wholemeal toast x

5am this morning and my little boy was heaving again. He had slept all night in my arms. I dont like leaving them alone when they are unwell, i like them close. 3rd time and was shocked at the amount he had brought up. He hadnt eaten much the night before due to the hot weather, so where was all the sick coming from. Thankfully the doctor said he was fine when i got him an emergency appointment and said he only had a bit of infection and to keep giving him fluids and dry foods.
So today iv quickly grabbed a rice krispie square (the rocky road one) and have had a banana.
The weather outside is wet. Its july in two days time and its like as if its march. I have mixed feelings about meeting sasha this evening for lunch. my reasons are that follows.
1. its raining, my hair will go frizzy
2. I cant find my id anywhere and even through im 25 I look about 14
3. I still dont have any makeup except foundation
4. My little boy is very clingy today from being sick...

But I know if i dont go I will feel guilty as Iv not gone out in years :(

Dylans feeling much better, even more so that I gave him an inflatable pluto. Had a long chat with partner and have decided to go for it :) Yes Im am going out with Sasha after all. My food so far today...
*one rice crispy square
*3 bananas
*1 snackajack
*a seafood selection (which i think is free consisting of prawns, muscles and squid)
I am tonight going to try my damnest in eating healthy but if I go and eat too much rubbish I will just strike it off and start a fresh tomorrow. No big deal. :) Just really want that 1 pound off, got it on my mind all the time. 1 more pound until I get off 1 stone and half. I will get there. but its going so bloody slow.
Well i best get off and finish straightening my hair, and putting on some foundation, :) bye x

Back