Diary of a hidden thin girl

Friday 19.9.14

weigh in day...after last weeks sTS I was hoping for a double whammy....I lost 3lb which I am happy with so I'm now 2lb off my 3 stone award :fingerscrossed: for next week.

friday food

muller yogurt
2 wholemeal bread (400g)
bacon
egg
1tsp ketchup

large sushi box from Asda

chicken
peppers
salad
SW chips
coleslaw

Last edited:
Well done on your loss Hun x

Saturday 20.9.14

Today we have been over to Hebden Bridge for a walk up to the pike....oh my god it was a hard walk 6 miles 3 up hill and then 3 down and to be honest the down hill was more difficult it was so steep I was running as my little legs couldn't keep up lol...quite amusing really. Unfortunately I have pulled a muscle in my thigh...ouch....My fitness levels have improved dramatically I wasn't even out of breath going up hill, which is brill as nearly 3 stones ago I thought I was going to die going up great Orme in Llandudno which is why I started on this journey...when I get to target we are going to go back to Great Orme and see the difference. Anyway I am now chilling on sofa while Andy is watching Qualifying for F1.

food today

breakfast
bacon
egg
beans
wholemeal roll ( no butter)

lunch/picnic
wholemeal roll
chicken
1tsp full fat mayo (ran out of lf)
Banana

Dinner
Not decided

Well done on your loss. I love the great orme. I have family that live in Llandudno and love visiting them there.

Sunday 21.9.14

this morning we went to the farmers market to pick up some veggies for dinner. I picked up a massive cauliflower so decided to make a cauliflower soup from the slimming world little book of soups and boy was it good...very creamy

550g cauli
1/2 tsp paprika
1 large onion
800ml vegetable stock
10 extra light cheese triangles - we used 8 light as they didn't have extra light

frylight onion & paprika until soft
add chopped up cauli and veg stock cook until soft/ tender
add cheese triangles
mix and then blend with either hand blender or blender season to taste with salt n pepper

very easy
very cheap
very yummy....

we have just had a bowl each, theres a bowl each to take to work and one bowl left

cost was £1.10 for cauli, 39p for bag of onions, 49p for paprika (aldi), stock cubes, 49p for cheese triangles (aldi)

other food today

2 wholemeal toast (400g)
bacon
egg

grapes
banana

Sunday 21.9.14

this morning we went to the farmers market to pick up some veggies for dinner. I picked up a massive cauliflower so decided to make a cauliflower soup from the slimming world little book of soups and boy was it good...very creamy

550g cauli
1/2 tsp paprika
1 large onion
800ml vegetable stock
10 extra light cheese triangles - we used 8 light as they didn't have extra light

frylight onion & paprika until soft
add chopped up cauli and veg stock cook until soft/ tender
add cheese triangles
mix and then blend with either hand blender or blender season to taste with salt n pepper

very easy
very cheap
very yummy....

we have just had a bowl each, theres a bowl each to take to work and one bowl left

cost was £1.10 for cauli, 39p for bag of onions, 49p for paprika (aldi), stock cubes, 49p for cheese triangles (aldi)

other food today

2 wholemeal toast (400g)
bacon
egg

grapes
banana

Thanks for posting this, I always buy a huge broccoli but never know what to do with it so I'll be making this :) x

Hello Monday so glad to see you...not...Monday always comes round toooo fast. I am still really aching from the walk on Saturday and feel like my bum cheeks will never be the same....ouch...I have just been shopping with mum to Aldi as I got home at lunch and the fridge was bare....ok stocked up now with the super 6's from Aldi 39p for loads of fruit n veg can't beat it.

ok food so far today

Breakfast - melon, grapes, banana and fat free natural yogurt

Lunch - left over cauliflower and cheese soup (homemade yesterday) with a wholemeal roll

Dinner - will be chilli con carne made last week and frozen with pasta

somewhere there will be a muller light yogurt and strawberries oh and bought some sugar free jelly crystals which I will make later.

Tuesday 23.9.14

I have been to mums for my tea tonight as my brother was cooking a curry, and I'm partial to a good curry and he made it SW friendly for me which is a bonus.
He used a Schwartz chicken curry mix which after checking on here is 2.5 syns - he used 2 packets so 5 syns for the whole curry as the rest was chicken, red pepper, potatoes, tinned tomatoes and passata and he assures me he didn't use any oil. It served 5 of us so equals with my maths 1 syn a serving....and it was absolutely delicious we had it with boiled rice and I also succumbed to a slice of tiger bread with NO butter :)

rest of food for the day was

breakfast - Muller Oats with chopped strawberries

Lunch - salad with 3 chopped eggs and left over tuna mayo made with low cal mayo

Dinner - chicken curry with rice and tiger bread

Wednesday

Had a lovely lie in this morning aa I waa attending a jobs fair in liverpool so sidnt have to leave the house till 9.30 yay.

Breakfast was 2 weetabix with milk

Lunch was bacon, egg, beans

Orange

Dinner will be steak, sw chips and salad

Sent from my GT-I8190N using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thursday 25.9.14

hmmm what a day, alarm didn't go off again need to check phone, got to work and realised I'd left my breakfast in Andy's fridge, picked lunch up but not breakfast, only had a pound in my purse so couldn't even go to the mess....had a brew, did some work got an e-mail saying that my job is changing from next month, spoke to my colleague/friend who does the same role at a different prison, decided to get together and put our questions on paper ready for our manager phoning us tomorrow, looks like it could be better but not too sure....anyway back at home now, started eating my salad and you know when it's not hitting the spot and it's like I want something good and this is not well I feel like that today. I threw the salad away and grabbed the last wholemeal roll and chucked some ham and LF mayo on it, enjoyed that more, had a sugar free homemade jelly and now feel like mooching for something else but have nothing in....made coffee....feel a bit blaghhh today but it's weigh in tomorrow and really want a loss so not going to eat anything that might jepordise that.

tonight's planned dinner with Dan is Pork loin chops with SW roast potatoes, carrots, broccoli and gravy - looking forward to that.

Friday 26.9.14

really disappointed this morning as the scales say stayed the same 12.7. This means I have failed my 6lb pledge for this month and I have STS twice this month. I know you guys will say it's better to STS than gain but and its a very big but I would agree with you if I had cheated even in the slightest, If I'd had a binge at some point and then tried to drag it back for WI, or if I was only a few lb's off target but I haven't and I'm not. From day one to now I haven't wavered, even going out to a wedding or away for the weekends I have remained on plan and lost weight....I know SW works but this is the time that I start to lose faith and I know the advise will be stick with it, keep going but it is disheartening.

I'm not really sure what I can do different -
I rarely drink so when I do it's syned,
junk food has not passed my lips,
sweets, cake, biscuits, crisps, etc also not been eaten.
I have my 1/3 salad or veg with every meal, (lunch and dinner)
I eat fruit in between for snacks,
I only eat bread at the weekends for breakfast,
I don't eat oil or butter on anything,
I cook from scratch and syn anything like ketchup or lightest mayo and gravy.
I cut all fat off meat and eat fish 2 or 3 times a week.
My milk is skimmed except when I go to my mums as they have to have full fat but I only have a dash in my coffee.

Any ideas guys...the only thing I could possibly do is drink more water/fluids

I will be sticking to plan as to be honest I enjoy doing it, it's just that I still have between 1.5 stone and 2.5 stone to go deciding on how I feel.

Subbing here after reading your weigh in. Hun, I feel for you as I've had a similar three weeks, totally on plan but think I've lost a total of 0.5lbs in that time. Its so disappointing, isn't it. I've had a read through and your food looks good to me, if anything I'd say can you eat more superfree and definitely drink more water or nas squash. However, I eat tons of veg and salad and that hasn't helped my scale numbers over the last three weeks, but it does make me feel healthier.
I'm glad you say you're sticking with it as you enjoy it, that's how I feel too. On the odd occasion I have had a bit more, I don't like the full up feeling or the slight queasiness that comes with heavier food these days. Of course, I could still easily succumb to biscuits or cakes, they are always going to be hard to resist for me.

Anyway, I can't really offer any great advice, just empathy and support. I'm sure our scales MUST come down soon and we can get extra body magic in, doing a mad dance around to celebrate. :)

Any how the man I am now with is amazing, he even asked how do I want him to support me, do I want him strict, lenient, or a bit in between? I said be understanding cos I will fall down at some point, pick me up when I need it, cook my food slimming world way, a snatch any chocolate or sweets off me lol.

It's great to have someone who supports you, I'm finding this website a life line, spending that much time on here I'm not eating...whats not to like about that xx

I want your boyfriend!!! Or more exactly, I wish your boyfriend would teach all men, including mine, how to be supportive like that! You are SO lucky but deserve him after your ex!

thanks cloudy, I appreciate the morale... I feel 110% better having lost what i've lost and I suppose my body will do it's own thing as long as I remain focused. I do feel like I've come along way in a short time - I remember the first time I did SW properly (not the half hearted attempts) It was on, it was off, it was sts repeatedly and I still managed to lose 5 stone... this time I suppose I have been consistent and should be happy that I have been able to get my head in the right place and haven't had a gain (I'm lucky I don''t have TOTM) so no excuses.

I WILL continue on this journey as I am happy with what I am eating, and how I am feeling - on wards and down wards :)

I want your boyfriend!!! Or more exactly, I wish your boyfriend would teach all men, including mine, how to be supportive like that! You are SO lucky but deserve him after your ex!

He is a total diamond so caring and considerate I am thankful everyday that he appeared in my life :) 3 years ago next Thursday lol

Aww that's lovely! :)

Back