Diary of a menopausal Yorkshire lass...

Thank you both x
I think I feel more in control doing green days, and somehow having 2 A's and B's makes me feel like I'm having more. I need to try a red day sometime too.
My problem is going to be when the weekend vino starts again, and the munchies that follow...

Friday 24th February

About to go on my romantic mini break overnight stay :)
And the weather forecast has improved, it's gone from heavy rain to overcast yaaay! Hopefully this afternoon will be spent at Skipton Castle (I love castles) followed by a nice dinner (possibly naughty) a bottle of wine (you can pay a £20 penalty to the dryathlon) then a 4 poster bed and open fire. In the morning a 'not cooked by me' full breakfast and back home to drug the cat!

Syns - lots....

Sounds fantastic. Have a lovely time and don't worry about those pesky little syns :)

Hope the weather stays dry for you x

Oh that sounds so lovely - hope you enjoy it.

Friday 24th February

About to go on my romantic mini break overnight stay :)
And the weather forecast has improved, it's gone from heavy rain to overcast yaaay! Hopefully this afternoon will be spent at Skipton Castle (I love castles) followed by a nice dinner (possibly naughty) a bottle of wine (you can pay a £20 penalty to the dryathlon) then a 4 poster bed and open fire. In the morning a 'not cooked by me' full breakfast and back home to drug the cat!

Syns - lots....
Wild thing ;)

**Well it`s half past midnight. I hope you suitably p****d, full up and naughty !

Hope the evening went --- or is going ---- well. ;)
xx

Monday 27th January

Hello all! My mini romantic overnight stay was lovely, we were incredibly lucky with the weather and managed to have a good mooch round the castle and because the forecast was so bad we had it all to ourselves. I've eaten ridiculous quantities of food (Friday managed to spread over the entire weekend) but have enjoyed it so what the hell! A line has been drawn and it's almost 4 weeks to our next trip, so I'm going to be good until then. Rob had also said he's going to try to lose half a stone between now and then - I'll believe that when it happens.

Puss cats were absolutely fine until we let Bailey out on Saturday afternoon and turf wars kicked off with his arch enemy again, resulting in two bleeding claws and a torn ear. He came home looking like a gonk he was so tufty. Rob had a serious Father/cat talk to him about how much time and effort everyone is putting into his care, and a bit of effort on his part would be appreciated :mad:

Breakfast - Bran flakes and milk (A+B)

Lunch - JP and beans

Dinner - Cheese (B) omelette and chips (2) with peas

Snacks - Celebration (2) Mullerlight cheesecake (1)

Syns - 5 so far

Hiya, welcome back Mandy. So glad you had a good time. Was thinking of you. Love the idea of a father/cat talk.
I see the jp & beans is on the menu. I didn`t know what to have for my dinner, your cheese omelette chips and peas sounds good. May well have that tonight, good idea.

Good luck after the drawn line, I have every faith in you too.

Love Doreen x

Off to dentist now

Rob had a serious Father/cat talk to him about how much time and effort everyone is putting into his care, and a bit of effort on his part would be appreciated :mad:

Mmmm... I bet it's usually Bailey saying HE would appreciate a bit more effort from his humans.....!

Pleased you had a good time and that the cats were OK afterwards. Did you manage to stay off the vino or end up paying the 'fine'?

How lovely to go back to work knowing that there's only 4 weeks to your next break.

I paid the fine, another £20 raised. It was strange though, I was really looking forward to having a glass of wine then I wasn't bothered when it came to it. We only had a bottle between us.
It is nice having something to look forward to but I can't help wishing it was for longer than 24 hours...
Pussy cats!

Glad you had a lovely time. Sounds fab!

Haha love the father cat chat, my oh constantly has to have those with bobby as bobby likes to meow through the night, every night - very loudly! Naughty bailey though, male cats are so naughty when it comes to fighting, why can't they just all get along and have little cat clubs where they talk about whose had the longest sleep in front of the fire? Lol.

Foods looking good today, I haven't had an omelette in ages, you've made me fancy one x

Glad you had a lovely time. Sounds fab!

Haha love the father cat chat, my oh constantly has to have those with bobby as bobby likes to meow through the night, every night - very loudly! Naughty bailey though, male cats are so naughty when it comes to fighting, why can't they just all get along and have little cat clubs where they talk about whose had the longest sleep in front of the fire? Lol.

Foods looking good today, I haven't had an omelette in ages, you've made me fancy one x

My omelette was yummy, I forget how good they are and they're so easy to make
Bailey is usually quite laid back, he plays with the cats next door it the one up the road he hates with a vengeance :rolleyes:

Tuesday 28th January

I only had 5 syns yesterday but I don't think it will have made up for the weekend! WI tomorrow...

A - Milk
A - Cheese
B - Cereal
B - Chicken

Breakfast - Weetabix

Lunch - JP and beans with a bit of cheese

Dinner - Maggi bbq (4) baby roasties and sweetcorn

Snacks - Hot chocolate (2) Mullerlight cheesecake (1)

Syns - 7

Never heard of a Maggi bag, but I love the Lemon cheesecake muller. I enjoyed my omelette too Mandy, good idea with chips.

Hope weigh in ok

Back