Diary of a menopausal Yorkshire lass...

Foods looking good, I must remember to get some maggi packets I really want to try some too. And I love the fact that you can just leave it in the bag and forget about it while it cooks. What ones would you recommend the most? I had an omelette today, you made me really fancy one lol x

P.s good luck for weigh in :)

I've not tried the maggi bags, but think I will at that price.

Hope you get a pleasing result in the morning!

Oops! 2 on...I guess I was really bad at the weekend....
Onwards....
My favourite maggi bags are sticky BBQ, Mexican, Herb, Chassuer, garlic, they're all nice really and so easy, especially if you roast potatoes at the same time. Some you add veg to the bags and others just the meat.
Gotta dash...

Monday 27th January

Hello all! My mini romantic overnight stay was lovely, we were incredibly lucky with the weather and managed to have a good mooch round the castle and because the forecast was so bad we had it all to ourselves. I've eaten ridiculous quantities of food (Friday managed to spread over the entire weekend) but have enjoyed it so what the hell! A line has been drawn and it's almost 4 weeks to our next trip, so I'm going to be good until then. Rob had also said he's going to try to lose half a stone between now and then - I'll believe that when it happens.

Puss cats were absolutely fine until we let Bailey out on Saturday afternoon and turf wars kicked off with his arch enemy again, resulting in two bleeding claws and a torn ear. He came home looking like a gonk he was so tufty. Rob had a serious Father/cat talk to him about how much time and effort everyone is putting into his care, and a bit of effort on his part would be appreciated :mad:

Breakfast - Bran flakes and milk (A+B)

Lunch - JP and beans

Dinner - Cheese (B) omelette and chips (2) with peas

Snacks - Celebration (2) Mullerlight cheesecake (1)

Syns - 5 so far

so glad you had a great time.... would have loved to have heard the father to cat chat :D

Shame about the gain, but it sounds like a small price to pay for a lovely break. It's a pity we have to make these trade-offs.

You are a wise woman Patty xx

Hi Patty
I'm a bit fed up to be honest. It's been a tough month with one thing and another, I'm not sleeping very well and I think I'm hormonal :mad:. What I need is a bottle of wine, a nice tea, a good nights sleep and a couple of easy days, which hopefully I'm going to get this weekend. I'm really struggling with my diet which isn't helping but I know the time hasn't been right, I think I need to go easy on myself this weekend and try to start a fresh on Monday. Am I right in thinking you sometimes do the 5:2 fasting plan? I might give that a go and combine it with slimming world.
What I really need to do is pick just one diet and actually stick to it!!
Thank you for checking on me x

Hugs ...... take care xx

Boo to sleeping badly. It's virtually impossible to stick to a diet when you're tired and if you're feeling hormonal as well then you've got every excuse.

I did the 5:2 plan for 2 weeks but decided it wasn't for me. As I have high blood pressure (under control with medication) I don't think I should have done really. It's tough, but despite what they say about eating what you like on the non-fast days, I found I had to keep some form of control. I don't think I had losses beyond what I'd have had on SW - but you can't be sure!

I hope you get your relaxing weekend, enjoy it without feeling guilty and, all being well, we'll see you again next week.

Aw I'm sorry to hear it hasn't been a great month. As you say, the diet can wait. Take time to yourself and refresh your batteries. Have as much wine as you need and on Monday you can try again and take it one step at a time.

Have a lovely weekend and take care of yourself. Have lots of cuddles with your pussy cats :) x

So far I've been having a lovely weekend doing absolutely nothing, just what I needed! I was definitely hormonal, guess the count to two years will have to start again :mad: but at least now I know why I've been out of sorts.
I'm starting again tomorrow and I'm going to try a fast day :eek:. I've always been curious to try it and have watched Michael Mosleys horizon documentary again, and read the accompanying book this weekend. I've tried every other diet over the years so I might as well give this one a go :)

Morning all!
Just to let anyone who is interested know, I have moved :) as I seem to change my diet every week it seems wrong to stay on the slimming world forum. You'll now find my new diary 'Mandy's ever changing diet' in silver members diaries.
Fingers crossed that 2014 is the year that we all reach our goal weights xx

Morning all! Just to let anyone who is interested know, I have moved :) as I seem to change my diet every week it seems wrong to stay on the slimming world forum. You'll now find my new diary 'Mandy's ever changing diet' in silver members diaries. Fingers crossed that 2014 is the year that we all reach our goal weights xx

Hi Mandy. Sounds like you've been having one heck of a month and I should imagine you're well miffed re the two year having to restart - men get it so easy. Shame we can't just tick the everything stop and no hassle box huh. Going to have to try and track down your new diary :) x

Back