Diary of a menopausal Yorkshire lass...

Sunday 1st September

I've started September at 10st 13.75lbs! How close is that?!
Not done well planwise today, but have had a very busy day and achieved a lot in the garden, so I'm happy :D
Tomorrow is another day...

Your byriani looks delicious!

That's great about the scales. It's so nice when they go down isnt it! Such a nice feeling.

Have a good day x

Monday 2nd September - Green Day

I'm full of cold and feeling very sorry for myself. I've dragged myself to work after a lousy nights sleep and am trying to resist the temptation of comfort food :(

The plan is...

A - Milk
A -
B - Oats
B - Chicken

Breakfast - Oats and yogurt, apple juice (3)

Lunch - JP and beans - I think I've found another potato shop, will be v disappointed if not! YAY! It was yummy!!

Dinner - Chips, chicken and peas

Snacks - omelette - a success!

Syns - 3 so far

My omelette maker has arrived, I can't wait to try it out :)

Last edited:
Yeeee haaaa for the omelette maker. Boo hoo for the cold. Hope your feeling better soon x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yeeee haaaa for the omelette maker. Boo hoo for the cold. Hope your feeling better soon x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks Moira, It's just gone 8 and I've come to bed :( I had a go with my omelette maker when I got in from work and it was really easy. I'm not sure about the quality of the nonstick, but time will tell...

Thanks Moira, It's just gone 8 and I've come to bed :( I had a go with my omelette maker when I got in from work and it was really easy. I'm not sure about the quality of the nonstick, but time will tell...

Sorry you not feeling good. Hope you feel much better in the morning.

:4635:

Tuesday 3rd September - Green Day

Aw, thank you all for your kind wishes :) I'm feeling much brighter after an early night, I'll still be pleased when work is over though.
I was up too late this morning to make a cooked breakfast, I do need to get more organised so I can save my hexB for something else. I'm also always hungry through the morning after cereal, and was really full (if stressed) after cooking last week.

A - Milk
A - Cheese
B - Muesli
B -

Breakfast - Muesli and yogurt, apple juice (3)

Lunch - JP and beans from fab new potato-eria

Dinner - pasta bake (7.5) salad

Snacks - none and no other hexB :eek:

Syns - 10.5 so far

Last edited:
Wednesday 4th September

Trialled my omelette maker this morning to see how I would cope on a work morning. I have to say it was very yum!

Breakfast - Omelette and beans

I'm picking my Mum up in a bit and I dare say she'll want fish and chips for lunch.
Doomed! :eek:

Sent from my galaxy note 2

Last edited:
Good omelette then. Hurrah. I couldn`t get the picture but I bet it look better than the last one you put on. lol

So today..

A - Milk
A - Cheese
B - Mince
B - Haddock

Breakfast - Omelette and beans, apple juice (3)

Lunch - Haddock (13) and mushy peas, ketchup (1)

Dinner - Taco mince, actifry chips (2) and cheese

Snacks - Total greek honey yoghurt (4.5)

Syns - 23.5 ouch!
Syn free day tomorrow I think :(

Ouch! I hate it when I do that. How is it going with the syns today Mandy. I usually find it had if I feel I have to do a no syn day, do you?

I had breakfast in the garden centre cafe today, new chef so was not sure how to count.

I am feeling tired the last few days. Don`t really know why. Didn`t do much yesterday, saw neice & sat around most of the time, that don`t help I think.

Ouch! I hate it when I do that. How is it going with the syns today Mandy. I usually find it had if I feel I have to do a no syn day, do you?

I had breakfast in the garden centre cafe today, new chef so was not sure how to count.

I am feeling tired the last few days. Don`t really know why. Didn`t do much yesterday, saw neice & sat around most of the time, that don`t help I think.
I'm not finding it too bad, but fortunately I'm not having a hungry day. I've got wi at 3:30 too.

I find if I every have an 'easy' day I'm more tired than normal, I need to keep going.

I'll be very pleased to finish work today, I seem to be dealing with idiots and I'm not the most patient person!

Thursday 5th September - Green Day

After a good start to the day, it's all started to go rapidly downhill. Had customer from hell complaining about a statement I sent him, and more or less telling me that I can't do my job, because he's too thick to understand it. And now my friend has cancelled me again cos she's had a better offer.
Sometimes I feel so valued!!

A - Milk
A - Cheese
B - Oats
B - Ryvita

Breakfast - Oats and Yogurt, apple juice (3)

Lunch - Ryvita and laughing cow

Dinner - 5 bean chilli and rice

Snacks - Super noodles, vodka (4)

Syns - 7

Last edited:
Oh dear. What a day. I used to work in a bank call centre overnight and some of the customers with little shites. There is none so contrary as `the public`

What has your friend cancelled. Were you going out? Cheer up, `fings can only get better`:bighug:
can`t they? Hope so.

Oh dear. What a day. I used to work in a bank call centre overnight and some of the customers with little shites. There is none so contrary as `the public`

What has your friend cancelled. Were you going out? Cheer up, `fings can only get better`:bighug:
can`t they? Hope so.
Thanks Doreen.
We were only meeting for a coffee and a catch up. I should be used to it by now, it's a joke in our house, Rob will ask me when I'm 'not' meeting her lol. It still disappoints though, and I was looking forward to it.

Oh no sorry to hear you're having a bad day. It's such a dissapointment when you're looking forward to something and it doesn't happen. Does your friend have a valid reason for things when she cancels?

Thursdays are your weigh in day aren't they? Good luck! X

Her other bloke can meet her for a coffee!! Don't get me started on my views on that one :mad:
On a happier note - 1.5lbs off YAY!

Sent from my galaxy note 2

Back