Diary of a menopausal Yorkshire lass...

Good to see you!
I don't have a time frame either, just down rather than up is all I want. I just get frustrated when I sabotage all my good work, I'm lighter than I've been for a good few years though so I must be doing something right. You've done really well.
I get the low fat super noodles and they're free, your husband would probably need a couple of packets if he was having it for lunch.

Sent from my galaxy note 2

Hi Mandy, diary is looking good just been catching up xx

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks for the info - I'll look out for them. There are are a couple of noodle-type things in the latest mag - cup-a-noodle, I think - but I haven't found them in the shops yet. He'd love curry ones, but won't try anything with that claims it's 'chicken' as maintains he doesn't like chicken although he'll quite happily eat roast chicken. Men, eh?!

Tuesday 10th September - Green Day

A late catch up, it's been a busy day.

A - Milk
A -
B - Oats
B - Mince

Breakfast - Oats and yogurt, orange juice (3)

Lunch - JP and beans

Dinner - Spaghetti bolognese

Snack - Ham (5) omelette

Syns - 8

Wednesday 11th September

I can't make it to class tomorrow so have decided to go back to Wednesday weigh ins at home again. I've lost 2 lbs! YAY! And that's taking in morning vs evening, dressed vs naked - I've been sneaky peeking ;)
I'm thrilled! I hope it's not one of those freak weeks and I'll gain however good I am next week.

A - Milk
A - Cheese
B - Muesli
B - Turkey

Breakfast - Muesli and yogurt

Lunch - Turkey sandwich and roasters (8)

Dinner - Pasta bake (7.5) salad

Snacks - hopefully no post mum vino!

Syns - 15.5

Last edited:
Thursday 12th September

Quick diary - I've not had a min today and can't keep my eyes open now

A - Milk
A - Cheese
B - Oats
B -

Breakfast - Oats and yogurt, orange juice (3)

Lunch - JP and beans

Dinner - Rice and 5 bean chilli with cheese

Snacks - Super noodles, muller greek (.5)

Syns - 3.5

Hi Mandy, have had a rough week to be honest with all sorts of things won't bore you with the details lol, even had a binge on a mulipack of watsits. I'm done beating myself up about it to be honest don't know why I felt so bad feel like a real trator haha. Some days I seem to get so hungry can't satisfy it so I'm going to stick to some green days and see if the carbs do it for me.
Hey well done on your loss this week keep up the good work Xx

Hello, I was thinking - have you tried the Linda McCartney rosemary and onion sausages? They're free and very tasty. I know you don't like quorn but these ones, I think, taste a lot more 'normal' and have a sausage texture.

Hope you're having a lovely weekend so far! X

Last edited:
Hello, I was thinking - have you tried the Linda McCartney rosemary and onion sausages? They're free and very tasty. I know you don't like quorn but these ones, I think, taste a lot more 'normal' and have a sausage texture.

Hope you're having a lovely weekend so fat! X

I love them, the only place I could find them was in Asda but I agree there more like normal sausages Xx

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks for the tip, I'll add them to my shopping list and give them a try.

Hope you're feeling a bit better Lesley, I had a blow out yesterday and now all I want to do is eat piles of stodge. I hope I don't wreck all my good work. I've also got a really bunged up nose that is driving me insane!!

Saturday 14th September

A - Milk
A - Cheese
B - pitta
B - pitta

Brunch - pitta pizza, bit of ham (3)

Dinner - Cheesy spicy chips (3)

Supper - super noodles

Syns - 6

Sunday 15th September

Not the best day, we were out for tea and there was no sensible choice. I wouldn't mind but it wasn't even that good :(
Line drawn

Monday 16th September - Green Day

I'm hoping for a low syn day today after yesterday. Thinking about it, I shouldn't beat myself up, apart from eating out, where I did choose the best option on an evil menu, I was actually very sensible. I didn't have a starter or dessert, and I drank diet coke. Life after all is for living, not making yourself miserable by sticking rigidly to a diet. :)

A - Milk
A -
B - Oats
B -

Breakfast - Oats and yogurt, apple and blackberry juice (3)

Lunch - JP and beans

Dinner - Actifry chips (2) sausage (calling other hexB) peas

Snacks -

Syns - 5 so far

Back