Diary of a menopausal Yorkshire lass...

I'm sorry your meal out was disappointing. Our Syns are so precious that I think we expect value (in a non-monetary sense) for them.

Well done for drawing the line and hope the rest of the week is better.

I've realised rather belatedly that I didn't answer your question about my course - apologies. It on the Victorians. I like British modern history, from about the Industrial Revolution/1750 onwards and I'm particularly interested in social rather than political history although the two are very intertwined. I particularly dislike the emphasis I had at A level on war after war after war! I completed a degree with the Open University a few years ago and suddenly decided it was time to use my brain again. I shall probably regret that decision when the assignments are due!

It sounds fascinating. I gave up on history after O level because it was all about Germany and I wasn't interested, it's only in recent years I've caught the bug. I've looked into OU courses, but haven't got the time to devote to it at the moment. I admire you for going for it.

Sent from my galaxy note 2

Tuesday 17th September - Green Day

I've just been to the sandwich shop to get my JP and the guy thought I was a boy!! He did apologise and say he didn't have his glasses on. Fortunately I have a warped sense of humour and thought it was hilarious :)

A - Milk
A -
B - Oats
B - Chicken

Breakfast - Oats and yogurt

Lunch - JP with tuna (7)

Dinner - Spanish Chicken (4) pasta

Snacks -

Syns - 11 so far

Oh geezes. I`m glad you thought it was funny.

The only times I have been mistaken for a guy is on the phone. When I worked in the call centre lots of the customers called me Sir, even tho I gave my name at start of call, most of us don`t always hear that. I do have a deep tone to my voice. I used to correct them and then they got embarassed. :) I used to laugh.

The only time it upset me or annoyed me really was when a guy insisted on calling me sir even tho I corrected him several times. Then he asked me if I had had the full operation, Bstard. I was polite to the end of the call, then I reported him.

The good thing was that they noticed that he was running a business from a private account. They changed it to a business account and he had to pay to have that. His loss.

He did come through to me again. Don`t know if he knew it was me, but I knew his name.

The only times I have been mistaken for a guy is on the phone. When I worked in the call centre lots of the customers called me Sir, even tho I gave my name at start of call, most of us don`t always hear that. I do have a deep tone to my voice. I used to correct them and then they got embarassed. :) I used to laugh.

The only time it upset me or annoyed me really was when a guy insisted on calling me sir even tho I corrected him several times. Then he asked me if I had had the full operation, Bstard. I was polite to the end of the call, then I reported him.

The good thing was that they noticed that he was running a business from a private account. They changed it to a business account and he had to pay to have that. His loss.

He did come through to me again. Don`t know if he knew it was me, but I knew his name.

There are some nasty people about - what goes around comes around though

At least he got his comeuppance, cheeky sod! This poor bloke was really embarrassed, he must be as blind as a bat, apart from having short hair I definitely look like a woman :D

Sent from my galaxy note 2

Let's hope the guy in the JP shop is embarrassed enough to give you extra generous portions!

Mandy, you said yourself that you had a 'blowout' during the week and Sunday wasn't good either. I would say that a 1/2lb loss is a good result in the circumstances.

Just don't copy my example and go overboard!

Wednesday 18th September

A - Milk
A - Cheese
B - Muesli
B - Biscuit

Breakfast - Muesli and yogurt

Lunch - JP and beans

Dinner - Pasta bake (5) tried a different sauce and it was yuck!

Snack - Aero biscuit

Syns - 5

Thursday 19th September

A - Milk
A -
B - Oats
B -

Breakfast - Oats and yogurt, orange juice (3)

Lunch - JP and beans

Dinner - Haven't a clue at the mo

Snacks -

Syns - 3 so far

You do like your jp`s don`t you. Easier when your working to get them from the shop I guess. I must get some larger spuds and have them again. Used to have them lots. Something I could take when I go child minding.

By the way lost 2lbs today, so backto where I was. Feeling a bit positive at the moment. How about yoursef?

Well done so pleased for you, I'm going to look on the internet to see what I can make with all this fruit obviously it will involve alcohol haha Xx

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Mandy I love jacket potatoes and beans only its sad they don't love me and everyone suffers!!!!!!:rolleyes: Xx

Well done so pleased for you, I'm going to look on the internet to see what I can make with all this fruit obviously it will involve alcohol haha Xx

Thank you
Vodka!
You can't beat flavoured vodka :D
I'm a the same with JP's - fortunately I'm in an office on my own...

You do like your jp`s don`t you. Easier when your working to get them from the shop I guess. I must get some larger spuds and have them again. Used to have them lots. Something I could take when I go child minding.

By the way lost 2lbs today, so backto where I was. Feeling a bit positive at the moment. How about yoursef?

Well done Doreen! I thought I'd posted on your thread? Think I'm losing the plot!!
I'm getting a bit bored with jacket potatoes now, but they're very filling, very convenient and best of all FREE!
Yes, I am feeling quite positive - long may it last for both of us x

I just realised I didn't say well done for your loss the other day, so well done! Any loss should be celebrated and you're heading in the right direction so that's brilliant.

What are you up to this weekend? :) x

I just realised I didn't say well done for your loss the other day, so well done! Any loss should be celebrated and you're heading in the right direction so that's brilliant.

What are you up to this weekend? :) x
Aw, thank you!
I've no plans, apart from some garden jobs that I'm really not in the mood for :sigh:
We'll probably go for a trip out somewhere as the weather is supposed to be good.
What are you up to?

Back