Diary of a menopausal Yorkshire lass...

Sunday 29th September

I love using mfp! It's got all my stats on from over the last few years and has made me realise how far I've come. It might be slow and with ups and downs, but I'm a stone and a half in the right direction :)
What I had forgotten was how many calories there are in butter - oops.

Late lunch/brunch - 3 slices of pumpkin seed bread and lurpak lighter

Dinner -

Snack -

Mandy x

Morning Mandy, You ok? Gonna start the pills for my hand today as finger is getting very stiff.

How is the calorie counting going?

Monday 30th September

Busy day so far. I've been to the doctors for my asthma review and was congratulated on losing weight. I also had my flu jab, so that's another job sorted.
I've just booked an overnight stay in the dales for a romatic mini break, and am now wondering if it was a good idea :(. We're really worried about leaving Bailey (the cat) when we found out about his dicky ticker, we decided he'd never go in the cattery again (this was back in March) however, he's doing really well on his medication and his cardiologist has said that with care he might have a few more years. So it's a bit of a dilemma, two humans giving up on holidays etc for the sake of one small pussy cat - our friends think we're insane!
My plan is, we can give him his morning meds and set off, have a nice day (more castles) stop over, have breakfast and get home, which we should be able to do by 11. That way he'll only have missed his evening meds and be a couple of hours late for his morning ones. Hopefully he won't get too stressed about us not coming home when he's in his own territory.
Whoever said having pets was good for stress wants shooting!

Breakfast - oats and vanilla yogurt, peaches, apple juice

Lunch - warburton thins and ham

Dinner - sausages, onions, actifry chips and peas

Snacks - digestive biscuit and milk for tea

MFP - 1221

Aw I totally understand your apprehension about going away. Your cats a part of your family and you want him to be safe and cared for. Do you have any friends/family that would be willing to do his injections for you?

Do you have an Rspca centre near you? I know you say you wouldn't want him going in a cattery but a lot of the RSPCA shelters do short stay boarding for cats/dogs. At least you'd know that the staff their would have dealt with giving cats injections, medication etc before x

I think anyone who loves their pet will sympathise with your dilemma and certainly wouldn't think you're insane. It's harder than leaving a sick human because you can't explain. When's the break?

Pleased the calorie counting's still going well - you're certainly getting more variety.

That is a problem. I had to leave one of mine after it had an accident two weeks before I was due to go overseas.
I was going to delay my flight but there was a great improvement so I did not have to. One of my neighbours saw to her while I was away so I was very lucky. He had a daughter who came and sayed with her a lot of the time. I was so grateful

I hope it works out for you Mandy.

Doreen x

Aw I totally understand your apprehension about going away. Your cats a part of your family and you want him to be safe and cared for. Do you have any friends/family that would be willing to do his injections for you?

Do you have an Rspca centre near you? I know you say you wouldn't want him going in a cattery but a lot of the RSPCA shelters do short stay boarding for cats/dogs. At least you'd know that the staff their would have dealt with giving cats injections, medication etc before x

We think it's too much to ask someone to do. Our neighbour is good and has two cats of her own, but you know what the little monsters are like. We only let ours out when we're about, and don't let them have free access, so I can just imagine Shirley popping in to give him his meds and him legging it, leaving her having to wait for him. We've also been told that as he's a very territorial cat, he's going to get stressed whenever he leaves home. I didn't realise the rspca boarded animals, it might be worth looking in to. Our vet looks after animals on a lot of medication, but they said they didn't recommend it in his case, he freaks as soon as he sees his carrier!

Thanks for understanding - not many people do x

Tuesday 1st October

Nothing much to report today. I'm having my hair cut after work, then getting home for an asda delivery...
I know how to live ;)

Breakfast - oats, yogurt, pear halves and apple juice

Lunch - JP and beans - I was actually missing JP's :eek:

Dinner - Lasagne and mixed leaves

Snack - Digestive biscuit

Exercise - 15 minutes brisk walk

MFP - 1180/1200

Food looking good. I love lasagne and JP`s but always forget about them

Went to a garden centre and bought a water fountain thingy with on old fashioned type pump and barrel. Hope I can fix it together.

Think I set a lasagne trend lol.
My shopping expedition was expensively successful, nothing very exciting just warm jumpers and stuff for work. I got a nice scarf and some nail varnish as a treat. It's a new hobby painting my nails, it keeps me focused on my hands when I'm stuffing my face and stops me in my tracks. It was a tip I was given that sounds daft but seems to work!
Water feature sound lovely Doreen.

Mandy x

Wednesday 2nd October

It's a miserable rainy day! I've nothing much planned for this morning, then I'm on Mum duty this afternoon...

Breakfast - Porridge and honey

Lunch - Minestrone soup and crusty roll

Dinner - Beef in ale, carrots and roast baby potatoes

Snack - Aero mousse

MFP - 1148

Mandy x

Last edited:
Thursday 3rd October

I'm lacking in energy, motivation, everything today. It's a good job I've not much on at work! I'd rather be at home on the sofa watching rubbish tv...
I've got my oh's brother and family arriving at the weekend, and I'm DREADING it! They never make much of an effort when I go up there, and it's the first time they've been here in 14 years. Call me cynical, but they were only after free bed and board on their way somewhere else. I can't cope with 4 adult sized people staying so I've booked 'em in at the nearest premier inn...
Anyway...before I start a full blown rant...food for today

Breakfast - porridge, honey and orange juice

Lunch - chicken wrap

Dinner - chilli and rice

Snacks - digestive biscuit and pink lady apple

MFP - 1178

I hate it when you know someone is using you as a stopover for convenience. Or even ask to stay weekend so they can have their hair cut 1.1/2hrs or more from their home!!!! Not cynical at all Mandy. Some people are like that @£$*%$£ arrh
I really understand.

lol
Prepare for me ranting all weekend then :mad:
The worst thing will be hearing about how amazing Scotland and all things Scottish are (no quibble there, I love Scotland and am married to a Scot) and how inferior/horrible England is. I smile and nod when I'm up there, but let him say one bad word about Yorkshire and he'll get it both barrels!

lol
Prepare for me ranting all weekend then :mad:
The worst thing will be hearing about how amazing Scotland and all things Scottish are (no quibble there, I love Scotland and am married to a Scot) and how inferior/horrible England is. I smile and nod when I'm up there, but let him say one bad word about Yorkshire and he'll get it both barrels!

I`ve heard you Yorkshire folk are very protective of your County. Never been to Yorkshire, but have been to Scotland and found it very pretty. AND the shopkeepers teated us ok. Not like when I went to Wales many years ok.
Rant Away Mandy :copon:

Oh Mandy I really feel for you people are so selfish, even when I visit family I would rather stay in a BB we have relatives in Scotland and they don't stop my husband is a yorkshire man and his family are still there you can rant all weekend I don't mind at least it will stop me thinking about food lol Xx

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back