Diary of a menopausal Yorkshire lass...

Ah you have made some soup. Great. Here is a line for your thread, There is one on mine for you too

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Sounds nice what you had :)

Sunday 13th October

It's a miserable rainy day here. I don't mind the cold and enjoy wearing jumpers and boots, but I hate rainy windy weather when you're stuck in doors :(
I'm back at it tomorrow, I'm going to do sw for a bit. It might be boring and repetitive, but I lose weight and don't get hungry.
It's casserole weather too, so lots of hidden veg :)

If you are returning to SW, does that make you a double agent?!

I reckon the change in the weather is upsetting our systems. I got so out of control before going off to Berlin that I stopped posting, and it's taken a few days since my return to clamber back on to the wagon. C'on Mandy, let's both try and have a good week.

If you are returning to SW, does that make you a double agent?!

I reckon the change in the weather is upsetting our systems. I got so out of control before going off to Berlin that I stopped posting, and it's taken a few days since my return to clamber back on to the wagon. C'on Mandy, let's both try and have a good week.

It makes me someone who can't make her mind up lol.
I can't wait to get back at it tomorrow, oh and I have just been talking about it and have both decided that feeling a bit peckish is better than feeling as bloated as we both do at the moment!
We WILL have a good week x

Monday 14th October - Green Day

How is it Monday again?
I feel huge, I daren't go near the scales, and I'm raring to go!

A - Milk
A -
B - Oats
B - Haddock

Breakfast - Porridge with honey (1), orange juice (3)

I'm thinking I should drop the orange juice, but is that silly as it's one of my 5 a day?

Lunch - JP and beans

Should I have my other hexA and put a bit of cheese on my JP, or is it better not to?

Dinner - Hoddock (5), actifry chips (2) and peas

Snacks - probably super noodles or yogurt

Syns - 11

I noticed you don't usually have your other healthy a and that you normally have some kind of meat as your healthy b - could you not just do extra easy? I know you're not a fan of the superfree, but I think the general consensus is that the third superfree is only a recommendation and not mandatory. It might be a bit easier for you, saves synning meat and non green day foods. Plus, you wouldn't have to weigh it :) x

That's exactly what I think, but whenever I've dared to suggest it I've got shot down lol. I think the superfree is to add some portion control, and to make it a very healthy diet which you can't knock sw for. In the past if I've posted my diary as ee, someone usually pops in and tells me I'm not eating enough superfree :) so I've got into the habit of posting as a green day.
I keep meaning to comment on how cute your cat is, it's a gorgeous photo.

Hi Mandy, there is a long post or twoon my thread about the weekend.

Hope you keeping ok. As for SW and the superfree I know you don`t like the veg, but what about fruit.
Having said that -- don`t want to shoot you down ------- if you can lose weight without it I shouldn`t worry too much about it. Really, nobody wants to eat what they don`t like. I always have my superfree but eat to much of other things, so it is not a failsafe.

Hexb, you could always have some of the cheese on your JP. Low low is supposed to be good or triangles.

Take care, speak soon. Love Doreen xx

If you are happy with Synning meat and fish etc then I would stick with the way you are doing it. You have to adjust a diet to suit you as you couldn't keep going for long by trying to force yourself to eat things you don't like.

If you don't like fruit then I suggest you keep the OJ for Vitamin C - you can always ditch it for a short time if necessary when you get near to target.

I think you already try to incorporate finely chopped/grated veg into cottage pies and similar - you could try increasing it slightly and decreasing the amount of meat; you probably wouldn't notice. Have you tried veg cooked in different ways? Roasted carrots and beetroot, for example, taste very different to boiled ones.

Sorry- I'm possibly telling you what you already know and have tried! It's probably not your basic diet that's causing the trouble but the extras - bread, butter, booze etc - as it is for me. As I said before, find what works for you and then stick with it. Good luck.

Exactly, as nanny Doreen and notsofatpatty said, your proof that you can still lose weight without the superfree so definitely carry on doing what you're doing :) I do know what you mean, I'm a member of a few Facebook groups and there are some people who literally go crazy if someone posts a meal that doesn't have a third superfree. People are weird lol

By the way, I hope it didn't come across that I was being judgemental about your green days or jumping down your throat about it. Compared to a lot of people, I don't have much superfree in my days but we are both still losing and that's great.

Aw thankyou - I love my cat to bits! He is a rascal though, especially when he's meowing at 4 in the morning coz he wants a middle of the night snack lol x

Thank you all, you've all been nothing but supportive.
I really appreciate it and it really does help x
I know it works without the superfree, when I have a gain it's always due to a binge of some kind, not the diet, I just start having doubts the more I hear about sf. I'll just keep on hiding the veg, I want to be healthy as well as lose weight :)

Tuesday 15th October - Green Day

I put on a pair of jeans this morning that I haven't worn for a while because they were a bit loose - they're now too tight!
:mad: It serves me right grrrr
I've got to clear out all my lower kitchen cupboards when I get home, we're having a new sink and worktops fitted tomorrow. Goodness knows what I'll find in darkest cupboard...

A -Milk
A -
B - Oats
B - Mince

Breakfast - porridge, honey (1) and orange juice (3)

Lunch - JP and beans (unless I bunk off early to do my cupboards)

Dinner - Meatballs, pasta sauce with tomatoes, onions and chilli (I never think tinned tomatoes and onions are free food) pasta

Snacks - tbc

Syns - 4 so far

That is looking good Mandy.
Doing the clearing out of the cupboards will be some body magic anyway. When I did mine I just found potatoes growing.

So your toms and onion are superfree and you don`t really know your eating them. Grate some carrot too, it will just disappear.

xx

Ooh - a lovely new-looking kitchen! Hope it encourages you to cook lots of lovely things.

Nanny Doreen beat me to it with her reminder that tomatoes and onions are Superfree. I seem to remember that you eat peas - have you tried mangetout or sugar snap peas as they have a pea taste and are Superfree?

I only eat boring ordinary peas :)
Things generally are going well and my kitchen looks fab!
Otherwise...
Takeaway last night because the contents of my cupboards are still in the conservatory.
EVIL boss has just sent me to EVIL greggs to get him a sandwich, where EVIL chicken pasties FORCED me to buy them, and then had the audacity to claim that they were lonely and needed a pack of scones for company...
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
I may feel sick :break_diet:

I only eat boring ordinary peas :)
Things generally are going well and my kitchen looks fab!
Otherwise...
Takeaway last night because the contents of my cupboards are still in the conservatory.
EVIL boss has just sent me to EVIL greggs to get him a sandwich, where EVIL chicken pasties FORCED me to buy them, and then had the audacity to claim that they were lonely and needed a pack of scones for company...
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
I may feel sick :break_diet:

FANTASTIC :):):)

Friday 18th October

I probably won't do very well over the weekend, but am going to make an effort and write everything down. My kitchen is finished, so I really don't have an excuse anymore. The new SW mag arrived this morning too as if to give me a reminder :)

A - Porridge
A -
B - Oats
B - Beef

Breakfast - porridge with honey (1) orange juice (3)

Lunch - JP and beans

Dinner - beef casserole with assorted veg and roasties (4.5)

To dumpling or not to dumpling - that is the question....

Snacks -

Syns - 8.5 so far

Hi! ?

Popping in to subscribe if that's ok? I have been stalking for a while! I also have a dislike veg but love my jackets and pasta! I have been successful with ww in the last but the new Propoints wasn't for me, just no enough pasta for my points! I find that sw suits me better although I do tend to eat the same things!
Good luck over the weekend
? x

Oh wicked evil boss to force such evil goodies into your mouth!

And did you dumpling?

(Which reminds me that OH's mother nicknamed me Dumples for some reason! I don't think it was any reflection on my size or shape as I was slimmer then).

Pleased that you're happy with your kitchen. I'm contemplating decorating mine as it's rather overdue but it might have to wait until the spring.

Have a good weekend.

Mandy am away till Wed. Will try to put food on, not much chat tho. Catch up next week. I put on 1/2 lb

Doreen xx

Back