diary of a perfect mess

perfectxmess

so i thought i'd start a diary so that i can keep a track of my progress and to give me something to read if i need reminding why i'm doing this.

i'm on day 19 and have lost approx 15lbs so far. i'm guessing that i'll probably need to stay on lipotrim until the end of july to reach my initial goal of 10stone. i'll then go onto refeed and will try to lose another 1/2 stone through healthy diet and exercise. this isn't something i want to just do for a few months or a year, i need to make this a change for life.

i'm going on holiday to new york with the bf end of september - and i want to actually feel comfortable enough to be IN my holiday pictures for once haha :fingerscrossed:

anyway - i've found LT pretty easy so far which i'm so thankful for. i've managed to sit through bf eating dominoes pizza, spag bol and lots of other junk.. and surprisingly haven't been that bothered. i'm veggie so the fact he has meat with everything is probably making it easier.

i spent about 4 hours today looking up and writing down lots of healthy recipes and amazingly didn't really think about food at all. it kept me busy and entertained and i wasn't bothered that i couldn't eat any of what i was looking at :D

can't wait for my 3rd weigh in this saturday!

sorry for the life story.

hope everyone's doing well, and if anyone has any help or advice i'd love to hear it. also any more veggies out there, would be nice to talk to you x

Hi there! I was a veggie for 20 years...until I did lipotrim! As soon as a came off the diet the first time I craved meat - only had chicken to start but oh my goodness now I eat everything (when I'm not mookshaking!!)
Don't be surprised if your body wants more protein when you finish and you end up nibbling a chicken wing!!

haha, yeah i do think that i need to eat more protein.. quite often neglected it in meals in the past so i've been looking for lots more ways to incorporate it into my diet when i finish. took me 8 years to try tuna again so i don't think meat will be making an appearance but i can never say never i suppose :)

day 20 today, still pushing on but can't wait for this to all be over. i feel like i don't really have a life at the moment as i'm always obsessing about how much water i've had and when my next shake's due.

i've kind of cut myself off from my friends a bit too as i can't be bothered with the explaining and them being like 'oh one drink won't hurt'. hopefully when i do see them next they'll be able to notice the weightloss.

i'm onto my 3rd belt hole now and it's comfortable, if a little loose. i was only on the first when i started, and could just about do the 2nd hole but it was tight and i couldn't have worn it all day. so at least i'm noticing SOME difference :)

i still have no energy though, can't even think about exercising right now. i spent about 15 mins cleaning the shower earlier and i was exhausted after. where's this endless energy i've been hearing about?!

hope everyone's having a good day and still 100% x

Hey perfect mess! or whatever your name is... :)

I'm on day 19 and I really struggled yesterday too - but am feeling stronger again today. I think with this, it's so extreme, it's bound to be hard at times.

I've written about putting my life on hold too and avoiding people. People can be so judgemental and unsupportive can't they? I want to lose 60 lbs and it would take over a year to do it the way my friends suggest. I've had it with being this weight and I really don't want to wait that long. The excuses I've come up with to avoid people are nuts - I had no idea I was such a good liar - I'll make a list for you in my diary!!

Stick with it though, you're doing so well and the end is nigh! Keep thinking about your holiday and how amazing it's going to be posing for your holiday snaps in your new glad rags!
You can do it! Keep us posted!

Yeah people are so quick to judge. So far i've only told my bf as i know what my friends and family are like.. My mum would just be negative and my friends would just be trying to tempt me all the time. Can't wait to finish.. I'm looking forward to going to yo sushi as my present from bf for doing well. He's really proud i've stuck to it so far :)

Had my 3rd weigh in today - 3.25lbs down. So that's 16lbs lost in 3 weeks. Just hope i can continue with losses like that so i can finish end of july.

How's it going for you two ladies? Rebeccah i'll have to check out some of your crazy excuses haha x

Hiya!
I'm on my 18th day today and have my weigh ins on tuesdays.
I'm also a veggie! I've been writing down recipes as well lol. My bf is a meat eater also, so when he eats pizza with ham all over it it doesn't bother me that much lol. And YUM! Yo sushi!

hi killercurls :)
glad i've found another veggie.. you'll have to let me know if you find any nice recipes. im really pleased that i've been able to find healthy mexican and italian foods as so often they're soooo fatty.

well done on your weightloss so far.. 15lbs in 2 weeks is amazing :D and good luck for tuesday's weigh in.. sounds like it'll be another good'un x

I love mexican food! Bean burritos = love. Haha. And I'm part Italian....so I love that too! Haha. I make a really awesome lasagne that is low fat! And quite cheap to make as well lol.

Thanks! I'm hoping for some good numbers! :)

Yeah people are so quick to judge. So far i've only told my bf as i know what my friends and family are like.. My mum would just be negative and my friends would just be trying to tempt me all the time. Can't wait to finish.. I'm looking forward to going to yo sushi as my present from bf for doing well. He's really proud i've stuck to it so far :)

Had my 3rd weigh in today - 3.25lbs down. So that's 16lbs lost in 3 weeks. Just hope i can continue with losses like that so i can finish end of july.

How's it going for you two ladies? Rebeccah i'll have to check out some of your crazy excuses haha x
----------------------------------
That's a good loss, well done.:)
I am thinking of going till the middle of July. Seems long way off but I know we will get there.:D

more determined than ever now to lose this weight. i WILL do this! :superwoman:

hope you guys are all doing well and still 100%.
and dolphin; what's 2 months of dieting when we can be skinny the rest of our lives afterwards :) we can make it.

Last edited:
perfectxmess I just ready through your diary and I'm sorry to hear you broke up with your boyfriend :( It's great to hear how determined you are to keep going though! Amazing! Just think how amazing it will be when you've finished the diet! With regards to friends I've only told the people that I spend a lot of time with and once I explained they've been so supportive. I really hope your energy levels improve soon!

Tc X

broke up with my boyfriend last night. JUST what i bl**dy need right now!
but hey if he doesn't treat me well fat then why the hell should he get to be with me skinny.
more determined than ever now to lose this weight. i WILL do this! :superwoman:

hope you guys are all doing well and still 100%.
and dolphin; what's 2 months of dieting when we can be skinny the rest of our lives afterwards :) we can make it.
------------------------------------
Sorry to hear about the breakup. Yes, you are right, 2 months is nothing in the scheme of things, I keep thinking about the rewards at the end. Stay determined:D

Ah Hannah, I'm sorry to hear about your break up. You ok? Keep at this, for yourself (and for us!) If you need a treat / cheering up ...go buy yourself a nice glossy magazine and pick out clothes that you'll buy when you're at goal! Loads of hugs! XOXOXO

thanks guys, i really appreciate it. i'll be fine :)

still have no energy though which is really annoying cause i have a lot of free time where i could be off exercising but i just can't cause i'm getting tired so easily. i'm only working 1 day this week compared to 4 last week (on my feet all day) so i'm eager to see if / how it's going to affect my loss at weigh in.

i must admit i do keep jumping on the scales in the mornings, but i'm trying not to pay much attention to the numbers. fingers crossed for at least 3lbs this week. although 4 would be better!

hope everyone's good x

Sorry to hear about you and your bf!

I know how you feel! I keep getting tired as well. I saw in an earlier post somewhere that you make cards? Do you do any other types of crafting? Or maybe you can start making up a recipe book (if you haven't already!)

I'm unemployed at the moment so I've got loads and loads and loads of free time to fill up! lol.

yeah at the moment it's just cards really. i have a scrap book aswell but it's pretty much up to date at the moment. i'm not all that artistic it's just something i enjoy. and saves me money rather than spending £2 everytime someone has a birthday or whatever lol. what kind of crafts do you do?

i've got a recipe file and have managed to fill it in the last week or so haha.. went a little cooking mad! so i'm gonna get another one cause there's still soooo much more i want to put in there :)

and i know what you mean about having looooads of free time. i've been working 1 day a week for a year now (with some extra days here and there) and i'm so sick of it. fingers crossed something full time comes up soon as i need something to keep my mind off this blooming diet.

x

Haha I make cards as well! I'd rather make them then spend money on them too lol. I will try any craft! I've been doing lots of cross stitching lately cause it keeps my hands busy and I can do it while watching tv/movie or listening to music. I also paint, make hemp jewelry, sew, and am learning to knit! I do a lot of recycling crafts as well haha.

Where are you finding your recipes? I found a great new app (on my iphone) with recipes that tells you the exact amount of calories and fat content. I'm kind of addicted to reading it at the moment!

Fingers crossed for full time jobs for us both! :) x

awhh cool. i've thought about jewellery making but never really got round to it. might have to look into it, was watching a program last night where some people were setting up their own jewellery business.. looked like fun :)

i just searched healthy vegetarian recipes on google and have a couple of books that i've looked through. also found a good american site: Ginas Skinny Recipes: Vegetarian Recipes
some of them look amazing:D
what's the app called? i'll have to check it out x

Back