Diary of a Serial Dieter

Gaelen

I thought this would be a good way to get all my random thoughts down whilst doing it and for any advice that can be offered from more seasoned travellers.

I'm looking to lose about a stone. The number itself isn't really important, more how I look. In the past I have done Exante, low carb, paleo and even a bit of vegan. The one thing that seems to fill me up the most is protein. I have additional challenges in that i'm intolerant to wheat, gluten and dairy. Dairy I can sometimes get away with but only in small doses. Add into this a personal trainer who has already banned certain foods for me. The usual, sugar, white flour (even gluten free), potatoes, only sweet potatoes allowed before a workout and bacon.

The biggest thing for me is going to be carrots, bananas and porridge. I think if I can get through the induction it is going to be easier for me. I rarely eat pasta, when I do its a training day and its buckwheat pasta, occasionally brown rice. I prefer quinoa, puy lentils, kidney beans and chickpeas. My main concern is being able to sustain my high level workouts on the diet.

I have to go back and check (I have the book on my kindle). Where do I stand on the lentils or tofu front? I'm loving the look of the 'zoodles' and will be trying that.

Tofu is okay but you need to count the carbs in your portion. Lentils are allowable once you get to a certain rung of owl, I believe.

You might want to try porridge made with flaxmeal, and stewed rhubarb if you're craving fruit.

Looking at my fitness pal about 100g of the Tofu I use is about 3g of carbs so that should be ok.

Flaxmeal porridge sounds interesting i'm going to give that a go. Having done paleo for a while i'm used to eating non breakfast foods, this morning is steak and eggs.

Last edited:
I'm fine with non breakfast foods too - happy to have any old thing for my morning meal. Actually I often have flax porridge as a treat of an evening.

I have a crispy tofu recipe in my thread - moonlights meals in the recipe section.

Back