Diary of a thin person trapped in a fat persons body

The end of day 3...overall hasn't been too bad. I am always anticipating the worst so if this is how bad it gets then I think I can handle feeling this way. Was daydreaming about carbs earlier...they are my nemesis! So happy to have found a solution for my dilemma tomorrow night.

I had 3 shakes today, just didn't fancy a soup...they are my least favourite not matter what I do to them.

I have my birthday coming up in a couple of weeks so that will be my next challenge. I'm steering clear of alcohol and will just eat something that should keep me in ketosis, that's the plan I intend to stick to! The good thing is my friends will be really supportive and I won't have seen them since I started this so they will no doubt give me a big confidence boost.

I just had a good look at myself in the mirror...I think my face is getting slimmer and I never noticed my collar bones before (I know that sounds odd) but I think they have revealed themselves in the last 3 days!? There is still a looooot of fat to go but I am totally committed to this. Easy to say on day 3! First goal for me is my weigh in on Tuesday.

Had another read of other peoples diaries tonight...what an inspiration! xxx

Its the morning of day 4 and I am feeling the best I have done all week! Put on one of my work tops and its definitley not as tight as it use to be :) which has put a spring in my step this morning! My other half is being more supportive, he's seeing that its quite positive. I don't seem to be as moody now food has been taken out of the picture. Looking forward to today and what it will bring! xx

My curiosity has got the better of me and I thought as I'm on day 4 and half way through the week...I wondered what my measurements and weight loss would be. I have been trying to wait till Tuesday which is my weigh in day but have felt so good this morning that I just couldnt help myself.

Current weight loss (or water loss) -4.5lbs
Waist measurement -3cm
Hip measurement -7cm
Thigh measurement -9cm
Bicep measurement -4cm
Chest measurement -5cm

I made a note of exactly where I took the first measurements so that when i re-measured it would be a true reflection and not my measuring wrong.

Body fat % was the same, my blood pressure is fine and so is my pulse. Overall very happy!!:):eek:

I hope I did measure right, will be interesting to see what it is on Tuesday...I know my clothes feel baggy but looking at it, it seems a lot!

Last edited:
It's the morning of day 5 for me. Update on yesterday...

I did really good all day and stuck to the plan. Then it came to my evening meal at my parents house (who don't know I'm doing this) I had salad as I had planned but then had two really small pieces of pizza and 2 slices of garlic bread! So disappointed in myself and hoping that it doesn't affect my results too much. I just keep thinking that it was my first big test and compared to what I would have normally had it was an improvement but still not happy about it! Needless to say it made me grumpy and I had an upset tummy all night! So I'm back on the wagon this morning and back on track. Not going to beat myself up too much about it...can't turn back the clock now, just need to move on from it and make sure it doesn't happen again! Looking forward to having a 100% day today! xx

Hey jadey :) really pleased you're doing well and you haven't by any means failed at it just because you had a bite to eat! You've jumped straight back on the wagon and thats fantastic! Well done you :D xx

diembroadhurst said:
If you are ever in that position again skip the bread and eat only the toppings from the pizza and leave the base. The pizzaa toppings generally are low carb (cheese, meats) and the bit of tomato sauce which will have sugar in it is going to be limited damage in comparison to the carb heavy base and bread. I only say this because you WILL find yourself in this position again and you can navigate these situations very effectively if you know the tricks. It's done now - hope getting back on plan is not too painful, be prepared to feel a bit bluergh for a few days though xx

Thanks for the advice...it's really useful. Will be a bit easier in these cirumstances when i know the tricks! Your right...I felt awful all day! Depressed, headache and grumpy! Done well today so a lot happier than this morning! xx

Butterbum said:
Hey jadey :) really pleased you're doing well and you haven't by any means failed at it just because you had a bite to eat! You've jumped straight back on the wagon and thats fantastic! Well done you :D xx

Thanks Butterbum...you always cheer me up! Back on the wagon after an awful day full of temptations. My Saturday is different too...no booze, no takeaway! But it will be worth it in the end, that's all I need to remember. Plus a friend who hasn't seen me in a month or so asked if I had lost weight so that perked me up a bit. Will be glad when today is over. How's your day been hun? xxx

Day 6...what a nightmare weekend!!

I have managed the weekend and come out the other side...just! I never thought weekends would be so bad for me, I was doing so well during the week at work but the weekend just tipped me over the edge! I managed Friday night with my minor slip up and woke up Saturday back on the wagon and ready to face the day. I went out with my OH shopping which included sooooo many temptations (Costco and there pizza, meatballs at Ikea to name a couple). By the time I got in I was irritable, grumpy and with a banging headache. I ended up having some grilled chicken with my soup that night. It was definitley an emotional decision. Determined not to do the same on Sunday, I spent the whole day sorting stuff at home, doing jobs that I had been putting off and cleaning the house. By the time I sat down at tea time, I was knackered but felt so much better for not even thinking about food. Yesterday was a much better day. I also didn't drink enough over the weekend and god did I miss not having a glass of wine on Saturday night!

So the start of day 6 and its back to work and 100% for me today. 4 litres of water is at my desk and being consumed, the soup is ready for me lunch and I'm treating myself to a smoothie for tea (half vanilla, half chocolate and some coffee). I'm getting comments from people about weight loss too which is encouraging ('your face is looking slim have you lost weight?', 'have you been dieting, your looking slimmer'). Fingers, toes, everything crossed for my weigh in tomorrow. As you know, I did weigh and measure on Friday so I'm hoping it will be less than that! :):)

Day 7 - 1st weigh in!

So after not a great first week with a few slips I have had my first weigh in this morning.

Start weight - 15st 8lbs
Week 1 - 15st 2lbs (-6lbs)

Measurements
Body fat %: 44.4% (-2.4%)
Waist -3cm
Hip -7cm
Thigh -11cm
Bicep -5cm
Chest -6cm

So overall pretty happy! :) I have had a few slip ups this week so I need to sort my head out and stop thinking 'if only I had stuck to it 100% all week it would have been more' and concentrate on my first victory and losing so many cm's and 6lbs! Although it will spur me on to be 100% next week. Not many lbs and then I will be in the 14s which is very exciting!! :):D

Day 8 and TOTM

My day was as good as always...not much thought of food, not that hungry and busy at work. Had my 2 shakes and plenty of water. It's the evenings that I really struggle with. I ate some cheese and some chicken tonight...what the heck is wrong with me?! I really want to do this but I just seem to slip up. It's my TOTM so that is not helping one bit. Worn out, tired and taking myself to bed dreaming of carbs! I wish I could do a few days straight 100% to kick start things again. Feel a bit of a let down tonight. But I'm sticking with it and can only improve, I won't let myself get any worse. What a journey...just hoping I can turn this week around.

Good afternoon and congrats on the 6lbs loss hun :woohoo:

Hang on in there, cheese and chicken isn't going to do any damage :hug99: xx

Back