Diary of a thin person trapped in a fat persons body

Jadeypops

So I am on Day 2 of the Exanate total solutions diet and thought it would be good for me to keep a diary.

I am currently 15st 8lbs and looking to lose 4-5st. Here's a bit of background...

At 28, I am pretty much happy with my life. I have a wonderful family and OH, a great job and a hell of a lot to be thankful for. But there is always something holding me back...my weight. I have been overweight as long as I can remember. But when I look back at photos of me from 16, i was just carrying an extra stone that I could have lost pretty easy. But I didn't and it just got worse and worse. I was always pretty confident and still am, but deep down I was never happy. As I have gotten older, I have tried diets and lost weight and then put it on, the usual thing. But I am determinded to change and more so for my health. Although I am not married yet, its on the cards and one day I want to have children. I want to be a good role model and be healthy and fit (I still do they gym regularly, its food thats my nemisis). None of my friends are overweight, nor my OH or my parents so it can be really difficult. My goals for this diet are to shift the pounds and then lead a healthy life with a better relationship with food and exercise. I know it won't happen overnight and I have a long way to go but I really want to do this. I don't want to be the fat friend/girlfriend/daughter anymore.

My first day (yesterday) was alright. I was pumped about starting and trying the shakes and soups. Haven't found them that bad, but have used lots of your tips on the forum to make them taste a bit better. The test for me was tea time. I am really savoury in my taste and watching my OH eat mashed potato was a killer for me. But I had my soup and we sat and had tea together like we always do. It was a struggle getting him to understand why I needed to lose the weight like this. His response had been just eat healthy and exercise more. But we had a long chat and I think I got him to understand. So I feel a bit happier now I have his support.

Day 2 and I had a restless night, I think I was worried that I would wake up and feel terrible. But so far I'm a little tired and have a bit of a headache. Had a shake for breakfast and now a black coffee.

Thanks for the support on here so far...I know I am a newbie but you have been great and I really appreciate it.

Jade xx

Thank you diembroadhurst, I really appreciate your advice. I'm sure there will be difficult times ahead but I am such a stubborn person. I want to prove that I can do it and most of all that I can keep it that way. Fab idea about researching ahead of time, I think that would really help me and get my relationship with food in the right place. I am already feeling a lot better about things and hopeful for the future! Thanks again xx

Well done on your first day :) speaking from experience if you can do 3 days you're sorted and all of a sudden you feel fantastic and almost enjoy the empty tummy feeling! I do anyway because my tummy isn't bloated!!
As you know I've got a little bit more to lose than you but not much so I'm hoping we can be strong enough to support each other in our hours...days....weeks (lol) of need!

Be strong today. I promise it is SO worth it :D xx

Hi Jadeypops and welcome.

If you have not done a VLCD before it can seem a bit daunting to start with but I am sure with your positive attitude you will soon get into the swing of it. Probably most of the people on here have done the same thing as yourself with regards to not tackling a smallish weight gain and then letting it snowball - for all sorts of reasons - until it seems an impossible task. However, if you read some of the diaries on here you will see that people with much greater amounts to lose than yourself have made the decision to deal with their weight and have had amazing results.

One of the great things about this way of dieting is that the almost guaranteed and quickish results really do help keep you motivated. As has been said time and again "if you stick to it 100% you cannot fail to lose weight". That said sometimes fluid fluctuations can mask that and measuring yourself can reassure you that your underlying fat is still diminishing even if the scales have stalled, so is worth doing.

Diem is further along her journey than myself so I am still concentrating on sticking to TS, but she is right that researching what path to take next is important in order not to stumble blindly back to bad habits and undoing all your good work.

Good luck with your onward journey. XX

Well done on your first day :) speaking from experience if you can do 3 days you're sorted and all of a sudden you feel fantastic and almost enjoy the empty tummy feeling! I do anyway because my tummy isn't bloated!!
As you know I've got a little bit more to lose than you but not much so I'm hoping we can be strong enough to support each other in our hours...days....weeks (lol) of need!

Be strong today. I promise it is SO worth it :D xx

Thank you so much Butterbum! I'm hoping this is the start of a great friendship! I will always be here to support you in any way I can. Looking forward to getting these 3 days out of the way. I think I'm going to feel rough big time as I don't feel that bad at the moment. Always prepared for the worse! xx

Hi Jadeypops and welcome.

If you have not done a VLCD before it can seem a bit daunting to start with but I am sure with your positive attitude you will soon get into the swing of it. Probably most of the people on here have done the same thing as yourself with regards to not tackling a smallish weight gain and then letting it snowball - for all sorts of reasons - until it seems an impossible task. However, if you read some of the diaries on here you will see that people with much greater amounts to lose than yourself have made the decision to deal with their weight and have had amazing results.

One of the great things about this way of dieting is that the almost guaranteed and quickish results really do help keep you motivated. As has been said time and again "if you stick to it 100% you cannot fail to lose weight". That said sometimes fluid fluctuations can mask that and measuring yourself can reassure you that your underlying fat is still diminishing even if the scales have stalled, so is worth doing.

Diem is further along her journey than myself so I am still concentrating on sticking to TS, but she is right that researching what path to take next is important in order not to stumble blindly back to bad habits and undoing all your good work.

Good luck with your onward journey. XX

Thank you footie widow. It is the first time I have ever done anything like this and I can't tell how how much support I have got so far from this forum. In just 2 days I already feel a lot stonger. On day 1 I took all of my measurements and we have a body fat machine at work so I also did that...jesus that figure is enough to make me stick to this...47%. How could I ever let myself get like this!!! I think my height has disguised the weight a bit as well and I totally have an unrealistic picture of myself in my head. So I will be taking photos as well so that I can physically see my progress.

I am so grateful for your words of advice and encouragement so thank you xx

Hey Jadey :)

How have you got on today? It's your Day 2 today isn't it? Hmmm I'm hoping you're doing OK and haven't given into the killer headache :( It's awful but really really worth it, just think if it gets too much that it's just another 24-48 hours and you'll be feeling better than you've felt for probably years! :D

Anyway, just thought I'd drop by to see how you're doing. Have a good evening! xx

Aw thanks for the message hun. Been a bit of a difficult night. Not hungry but had some awful cravings! Stuck to the plan though so feeling good about that. Ive been a bit irritable and tired. Just starting with a headache so have come to bed! Also been cold so I'm hoping ketosis is kicking in! Sticking to it though. I'm really looking forward to getting the first week done and seeing some results. I really appreciate your message...couldn't have come at a better time! How have you got on today? Roll on day 3 for me! xxx

Hey well done for sticking it out it gets much easier I found after day 5. U will enjoy the weight losses :) this diary will keep u in check too great support network on here Xx

I am totally overwhelmed by the support. It's one of the major things that is keeping me motivated. Massive thank you to everyone and hopefully I can be supportive for others and my diary will help other people as well as keeping me on track xx

Thanks Trixyskinnyplease and B-delicious. Not had a great start to day 3 but feeling better than I did first thing! So happy that I have the support on here...its amazing! xx:)

Day 3!!

Hallelujah! I am so pleased that I haven't cracked yet. I know there is such a long way to go but I am happy with my first small accomplishment. There was a time this morning when I got up that I thought...what on earth am I doing. Woke up feeling like I was really jet lagged...headache, tired, achey and a bit sick. But after a shake and some water I do feel a bit better. I made the shake with half chocolate and half vanilla plus some coffee. Then put it in my starbucks plastic iced drink cup and in my mind I was telling myself it was an iced latte! That cheered me up this morning. I'm the only one in the office today so at least there won't be any food for me to ogle at. I'm finding that I'm not hungry, just craving food. I'm still struggling a bit with the soups...I feel a bit sick after them but I will persevere with them. I don't know if its in my head or not but this morning I swear my clothes feel a bit loser. I took my measurements as well as my weight so i'm looking forward to what Tuesday will bring in term of weight/inches lost (fingers crossed!).

I have my first obstacle though...my mum has been in hospital recently and had an operation. She wants me and my partner to go for tea on Friday which will either involve pizza or chinese food! She doesn't know I have started this as when I first discussed it with her she thought it was a stupid idea, that I would make myself ill etc. There's no way I can't go or would even think of not going but I'm worried about what to do regarding food. If I eat then I will be out of ketosis right? And then will have to go through this process all over again. I would welcome your advice! xx

Morning jadey :)

Firstly WELL DONE!!!! You're probably over the most difficult part by the time you get home from work :)

Wasn't going to write anything at mo as trying to get my baby to sleep (which is impossible!!!) but I read about your dilemma and I know in the past when I've had something like that coming up I've been tempted to give up but don't!!!

Just maybe tell your Mum you're eating healthily and go for a salad with some chicken or soething like that? Or an omlette? At least that way you will still be taking part but won't feel like you've failed because you definitely will have NOT!!!v And although I probably shouldn't say this...when I have done exante in the past a glass if wine hasn't hindered my loss either. Just in case!!!

You could even order some exante porridge and make the porridge cookies to take with you!!! :D

Hope you have a great day today lady :D

xx

Good afternoon, welcome and good luck on your Exante journey xx

I agree with Butterbum and say either you're eating healthy and go for something low carb so you stay in ketosis. Or say you've had a tummy upset all day, and don't want to risk eating anything else until the morning.

Thank you so much Butterbum and giggle pants. Having spoke to my mum we are now both having a salad and the men are having pizza! No alcohol for me so I will feel a big better about having the salad. I feel awful being deceitful but it's for the best! Had a pretty good day today. Cravings were less and I think I am in ketosis finally! Feeling good tonight and very hopeful about the rest of my first week! I'm so please I have you as a buddy Butterbum...it's a big source of strength for me! xxx

Aah good! I'm glad you're feeling better amd I'm really pleased to have you too because I'm struggling a bit at the moment so to come on here and see you're feeling better and have your meal sorted has spurred me on and made me give myself a slap! If we do it, IT WILL WORK! That's a statement and a half huh! Lol So simple yet so hard!!! We'll get there. Really looking forward to seeing your results next week :) xxx

Aah good! I'm glad you're feeling better amd I'm really pleased to have you too because I'm struggling a bit at the moment so to come on here and see you're feeling better and have your meal sorted has spurred me on and made me give myself a slap! If we do it, IT WILL WORK! That's a statement and a half huh! Lol So simple yet so hard!!! We'll get there. Really looking forward to seeing your results next week :) xxx

I can't believe I am actually sticking to this...I love my food! But not hungry, just missing it but I think that will get less. I just keep thinking how it will be great to get to a weight and maintain it. Then be able to have some treats and working it off in they gym. It will work!! I am so glad to have you and your support. Its also good as I feel like I don't want to let anyone down on here by not sticking to it...so it's another good motivation! Fingers crossed there will be results!! xxx

Back